Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
FTR vs Dinosaur Express 1 0.89%
Kaz vs Hangman 3 2.68%
Ivelisse vs Rosa 1 0.89%
THE PARKING LOT FIGHT 107 95.54%
Total: 112 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Kenny as a messy bitch who loves drama is the first time I've really felt like he's nailing his character work. I was calling for a big blowoff moment for that storyline before and after All Out, but I love that direction for him so I'm at peace with them continuing a slow burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

JOHN CENA posted:

remember guys it took 7 years before Buff became The Stuff.

2 Cold Scorpio's tag partner?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I really don't think Jungle Boy is going to need 7 years. He needs some more time though. He doesn't even have his own finisher does he?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Oil! posted:

2 Cold Scorpio's tag partner?

Tom Zenk's tag partner?
The Patriot's tag partner?
Scotty Riggs' tag partner?

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Will Hobbs.

That's it. That's the post.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Megabyte Ronnie

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Huntman posted:

Will Hobbs.

That's it. That's the post.

It's a good post.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

ChrisBTY posted:

I really don't think Jungle Boy is going to need 7 years. He needs some more time though. He doesn't even have his own finisher does he?

He should just have the Nishimura-esque ability to critical peeps with flash pinfall combos.

The Pic
Nov 23, 2019
This Dynamite was unreal

Literally the best way to draw attention to a changed schedule for next week because of boreball.

Jesus I love Chuck Taylor and Trent and Ortiz and Santana and Orange Cassidy and Sue and Thunder Rosa and Will Hobbs

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The Pic posted:

boreball.

not cool

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

There's a loop of the last couple of minutes of Dynamite and it's been so mesmerizing. From Sue picking everyone up to the middle finger to Excalibur laughing. I've watched it at least 50 times so far.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I’m just getting to the Archer segment, and Taz looks like every Pop Warner football coach i had growing up.

This is such a good show tonight, everything is landing. The Thunder Rosa/Ivelisse was a fun hybrid of a wrestling match and a Bloodsport match, looked like Ivelisse picked up a couple welts by the end of it. Looking forward to the tag match next week.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

not cool

Yeah basketball is good it is the perfect compliment to All Elite Wrestling.

For example

https://twitter.com/champagnennuts/status/1306421757507637255

The Pic
Nov 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

not cool

I apologize that was out of hand

I just want more wrestling on tv

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Will "Calvin &" Hobbs

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Man, that parking lot fight was so goddamned fun, now turn Santana and Ortiz face and let’em take out FTR.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/champagnennuts/status/1306433352753229827

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is it just me or is Ivelisse maybe not all that good? Something about her feels off to me. Like she's slow or feels like she's just going through the motions of moves or *something*. I can't put my finger on whatever it is.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I thought she looked good (and has for most of her matches), but I saw some other people comment on how she looked blank-faced/disengaged in between moves and it's entirely possible I missed that.

I am really rooting for her to put it all together because I think she's very talented but I also get the sense it's might be smart not to put too much hope into that

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ganso Bomb posted:

Is it just me or is Ivelisse maybe not all that good? Something about her feels off to me. Like she's slow or feels like she's just going through the motions of moves or *something*. I can't put my finger on whatever it is.

The only thing that really stands out to me for her in the ring as a negative is she will stop selling and really brace for an incoming strike, like she becomes noticeably more alert and you can tell she’s anticipating the spot.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

She definitely moves slow, kept thinking that the entire time she was on offense. Thought it spoke volumes about how good Thunder Rosa is that she managed to carry the load on her end.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Dyna thoughts:

-like others have said, it's cool how the announcers don't pretend wrestlers didn't exist before AEW, building up Frankie's history and making everyone aware he's had 13 title reigns

-Frankie vs Hangman was loving amazing, the spot in the middle with the trading rope shots/clothelines etc was faaaantastic. Kenny is such a douche lmao. Incredible finish, the near falls were amazing. I also loved the storytelling hooks they pitched out with Kaz being shown hanging out for Hangman matches scouting. Even if they don't do anything more with it, it adds so much texture to this match. Also possible alliances in the future, like if The Bucks decide they want to gently caress with Hangman during a match or after and do a run-in, Kaz could run out for an assist and set up a tag match or temp alliance, etc. Not every hook has to be compelling to start, just throw it out and see what it can catch later! Also the pumphandle DVD was sick

-lol MJF calling Justin Roberts smooth-brained. this is a perfect angle for MJF to take, the little poo poo. More FOURshadowing....

-Eddie rules and I wonder if he studied Jackie Gleason or is a big fan or something, he has so much Ralph Kramden cadence in his delivery

-PP/Jericho-Hanger not bad, also, i know we all hate Ropey because he's kind of a douche, but you gotta respect the limitless energy he pours into every second he's on TV lmao. GOD STOP SELLING HAGER TO ME JR, NOBODY CAAAAAAAAAARES. i hope it pisses him off every day that there's like 6 dudes as big or bigger than Hager that are worlds better than him in every regard lmao, he's not special or good. HOLY poo poo THAT DROP KICK FROM THE TOP, that looked stiff, kick his head off Marq! Marq Quen is so loving talented.

-Having an NWA title match is dope, Ivelisse/Thunder Rosa is sick, and the sequence where they tried to arm drag each other was dope. holy gently caress that drop kick. these ladies are beating the hell out of each other :stare: watching Rosa try to cinch her up in the Tombstone god drat, sick finish

-I already love Miro, big exuberant meat slab, he reminds me of the HWGuy from TF2 lmao

-This Jake/Taz promo is okay, but i'm not really seeing how Lance needs Ricky and Cage, unless it's just to gently caress with Mox and Darby like with beatdowns/runins/etc. *a beatdown on Mox starts right away* oh i see HOBBS! :woop: HOBBS AND MOX HOLY poo poo, I'M SO DOWN FOR THIS.

-PARKING LOT FIGHT TIME!!! this setup with all the cars in a circle owns lmao, this rules, THIS RULES. oh gently caress the hood spot :staredog: OWWWWWWWW. OWWWWW. OWWW. HOLY gently caress THAT SLEDGEHAMMER! OWW! Every spot looks so painful. holy poo poo that spear aaaaaaaaah this rules. OWWWWWWW THE BICYCLE RACK. HOLY loving poo poo THE TOSS INTO THE WINDSHIELD HOW THE gently caress, holy poo poo his back. Santana with the bat, holy gently caress. OC :woop:

oh my god, that was loving incredible, i can't loving believe it

god drat

what a loving show, god drat, i love AEW

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

smarxist posted:

-This Jake/Taz promo is okay, but i'm not really seeing how Lance needs Ricky and Cage, unless it's just to gently caress with Mox and Darby like with beatdowns/runins/etc.

For this, they said earlier in the show that next week is Lance v. Mox in a 6 man tag, with both of them picking their partners tonight. So it's not necessarily like a permanent alliance, just that Ricky and Cage are going to help out Lance next week in exchange for Cage getting a shot if Lance wins the title later on.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
That parking lot segment whipped loving rear end.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I was thinking about this before tonight but AEW never really does anything halfway. When they do something badly, they fall flat on their face. But when they're on, there's pretty much nothing else I'd rather watch. That's wrestling.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

karma_coma posted:

It's a good post.

No, it's incomplete.

What the post should have been was

OAKLAND'S MOST VIOLENT

FROM EAST PALO ALTO

WILLPOWER WILL HOBBS

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Someone high up clearly loves Will Hobbs a lot and they are correct to do so

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I hope we get a promo package for Hobbs next week.

Also, it’s crazy to me that Dark Order wasn’t on the show at all this week, this roster is so drat deep and there’s so much to look forward to from week to week.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I really dug the camerawork this episode. People have already pointed out how they handled the parking lot fight, but I was watching back this clip of the Moxley segment and was struck by how the vast majority of what's shown up in the stands is done with a single camera.

It's still full of energy — getting Moxley's entrance and framing him only for Starks to hop up for the sneak attack, having Cage hop into the fray from off camera, brawl, backing up when Hobbs comes at Cage/Starks with the chair, Mox cutting the promo while he and Hobbs pace around, then letting Mox talk straight to camera for the Darby shoutout.

The tracking of the Bucks heading backstage to give Tony the money straight into FTR's entrance was a nice touch too. It's nothing super advanced but it shows how easy it is to have good action without relying on a million cuts

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 17, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I hope we get a promo package for Hobbs next week.

Also, it’s crazy to me that Dark Order wasn’t on the show at all this week, this roster is so drat deep and there’s so much to look forward to from week to week.

There were no Kenny, Bucks, Cody, or Mox matches this week. They've done a great job elevating the rest of the roster.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

xbilkis posted:

Kenny as a messy bitch who loves drama is the first time I've really felt like he's nailing his character work. I was calling for a big blowoff moment for that storyline before and after All Out, but I love that direction for him so I'm at peace with them continuing a slow burn

yeah him getting really frustrated at hangman proving he doesnt need anyone is great. someone in the thread said he sounded like he was at 1.3x podcast speed and like, that absolutely made kenny feel like he was like, bursting w anxiety at having to be in the same room as hangman and call his match lol. it was good.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
you wanna talk about people that may get the idea to jump to WWE, PnP could be the most likely if they don't start becoming a serious contender for the gold and on track to hold the titles in the next year or so, they've put in like a dozen incredible performances in marquee matches/events and haven't even had a title shot yet, it's kinda getting ridiculous tbqh

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

There were no Kenny, Bucks, Cody, or Mox matches this week. They've done a great job elevating the rest of the roster.

AEW feels like an honest living, breathing ecosystem based on the idea that this collection of weirdos is out to prove they’re the best. Even if Sue’s Van was the inciting incident for the parking lot fight, if Santana and Ortiz don’t get mad for losing, they never wreck it in the first place.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

smarxist posted:

you wanna talk about people that may get the idea to jump to WWE, PnP could be the most likely if they don't start becoming a serious contender for the gold and on track to hold the titles in the next year or so, they've put in like a dozen incredible performances in marquee matches/events and haven't even had a title shot yet, it's kinda getting ridiculous tbqh

agreed, im really hoping that this jericho/hager thing is going to be used to explode the inner circle and elevate santana and ortiz to main eventers bc they absolutely deserve it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

Title shots aren't the only angles.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

smarxist posted:

The belts aren't real, fam.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

Title shots aren't the only angles.

it's true, and nobody but an idiot would think that they're not an integral part of AEW, but at some point wrestlers want to get that bump of prestige and have reigns on their legacy

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

One of the many little details I loved from the parking lot brawl is the fact that the sheet of plywood was set up right at the very beginning.

then sat there staring at me the whole match.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MJeff posted:

The belts aren't real, fam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I miss PAC.....can't we just smuggle him into the country in like crate or something?