Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Today I learned that after Luc Robitaille won the Stanley Cup in 2002 with the Red Wings, on his day with the Cup, he brought it to the set of Enterprise because he and Scott Bakula were old pals who played in a lot of hockey charity events when Luc played for the Kings several years prior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Statutory Ape posted:

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS

"idk guys, i think we should listen to him? he seems humble and grounded!"

Seems understandable to me that Dukat might have a different attitude and choose to present a different image to Cardassians than Bajorans.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Epicurius posted:

Seems understandable to me that Dukat might have a different attitude and choose to present a different image to Cardassians than Bajorans.

im pretty sure he just acted liek the savior of bajor to all of them tbh

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dukat: Attention Bajoran workers!

Nu-Trek Bajorans (marbles in mouth): I am pleased you are here. We have been waiting for someone worthy of our attention.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Nu-Trek Bajorans are just giant ridged noses on shoulders, a la those old Sudafed commercials

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

Today I learned that after Luc Robitaille won the Stanley Cup in 2002 with the Red Wings, on his day with the Cup, he brought it to the set of Enterprise because he and Scott Bakula were old pals who played in a lot of hockey charity events when Luc played for the Kings several years prior.

Now the question becomes would it have been better for Captain Archer to be into Hockey instead of Water Polo :v:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Angry_Ed posted:

Now the question becomes would it have been better for Captain Archer to be into Hockey instead of Water Polo :v:

definitely

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Angry_Ed posted:

yea that would have been pretty legit and i'm not even a particular fan of hockey

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I wish Archer was a better written character because Scott Bakula just exudes likeable charisma and its crushed to dust under the weight of what a pigheaded weenie Archer is :(

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

We should've gotten some scenes of him playing hockey during his shore leave, in the kind of way that TOS had n-dimensional chess (a few times), TNG had poker, and DS9 had Dom-Jot as a background for when characters are discussing personal, diplomatic, or engineering problems. There could've been scenes of a cultural exchange with the Andorians

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 16, 2020

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

commander malar'chuk of buffalo fought well in the battle of st louis

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

galenanorth posted:

We should've gotten some scenes of him playing hockey during his shore leave, in the kind of way that TOS had n-dimensional chess (a few times), TNG had poker, and DS9 had Dom-Jot as a background for when characters are discussing personal, diplomatic, or engineering problems. There could've been scenes of a cultural exchange with the Andorians

poo poo that actually works super well I forgot Andoria was basically an ice planet.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

dont have your lackey get you sports tickets if they arent fans

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i wonder what cardassians do in their rebellious teen years

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Statutory Ape posted:

commander malar'chuk of buffalo fought well in the battle of st louis

He decided it was NOT a good day to die!

Glory to his name!

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Angry_Ed posted:

poo poo that actually works super well I forgot Andoria was basically an ice planet.

Imagine if that fight he had against Shran in season 4 was the two of them playing hockey (with or without a fight).

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Cat Hatter posted:

Imagine if that fight he had against Shran in season 4 was the two of them playing hockey (with or without a fight).
Take Me Out To The Holodeck, but it's Archer solving the Vulcan-Andorian feud with a game of hockey.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
it woulda been cool if baseball died out because it sucked but hockey became everyones favourite sport

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Wanna recruit shran into my blitzball team

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

SardonicTyrant posted:

Archer solving the...feud

SardonicTyrant posted:

with a game of hockey

These two concepts don't belong together

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

General Battuta posted:

These two concepts don't belong together
Archer is not a very smart man.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Trek is dead as live action television but may yet live again as a hockey sim. I hear the NHL games are making GBS threads the bed, there's an opening

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Angry_Ed posted:

Now the question becomes would it have been better for Captain Archer to be into literally anything else instead of Water Polo :v:

Yes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

TOS- The Mark of Gideon- Where to even begin with this episode. It feels like another episode made due to its lower production cost, since it is all Enterprise interiors except for the Gideon council chamber (which may have just been a redress of another part of the set). It's absolutely loaded with plotholes. Somehow this species with minimal contact with the Federation was able to construct an exact replica of the Enterprise on their planet despite A) There being no possible way they would have access to that kind of detailed information about the ship, and B) Where they would even put it on a planet where the place is so overcrowded that people just stand around all day. The female lead either has some kind of amnesia or pretends to not remember where she's from, but I don't believe this is ever clarified. The planet's leader was going to sacrifice his daughter for *reasons* as a symbol of....something. I also feel like Kirk willingly agreeing to just let these people give their species some kind of meningitis is probably a bit unethical? The episode wraps up extremely fast at the end, because there is a voiceover by Spock which is a log, where all of a sudden he has figured out the Gideonites' plan even though he hasn't uncovered much at that point besides a fake Enterprise. Then he quickly overpowers the guards on Kirk and helps Kirk take the female lead back to the Enterprise for treatment. I would say a good 10-15 minutes of this episode consisted of Spock and the Gideon planet leader going back and forth about trying to find Kirk, and Spock trying to get Starfleet or the Federation to allow him to go down onto the planet to search for Kirk, and it just doesn't go anywhere. Instead it devolves into Spock grumbling about bureaucrats which didn't seem in-character. Apparently the writer of this episode (who played Cyrano Jones from the 'Trouble With Tribbles' episode) intended to make this about overpopulation, but instead it's just dull and meandering and has no real focus.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Angry_Ed posted:

Yes. They even got halfway there with the episode where Archer and Trip play space lacrosse.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Yes. They even got halfway there with the episode where Archer and Trip play space lacrosse.

They really needed to do more simple weird fun space poo poo on Enterprise and take advantage of that whole "We don't know how deep space is gonna effect the ship and crew" thing. Like that one bit from the pilot where Mayweather's giving Archer the tour of the NX-01 and is like "Hey, check this poo poo out" and does a flip and winds up standing on the ceiling because there was something funky with the artificial gravity in that one part of the ship.

Enterprise, you could have been so great and yet :negative:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Angry_Ed posted:

I wanna say that a lore sidebar in the Star Trek Adventures rulebook (or one of the supplements, I forget) talks about ice hockey being a big thing on Andoria.

Even if you don't play the game, the book is full of tons of little lore details like that. It's great.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Statutory Ape posted:

outside of, frankly, cyberbullying different nerds with goons under the guise of laughs for all

I never played STO but feel like it's time to repost this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gwCmfLxIcw

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Dysgenesis posted:

I'm guessing more people did that than not. I dont mind admitting I did.

Also am I the only goon who likes suspicions, it's my tng guilty pleasure. Its ds9 compatriot is the recently mentioned empok nor.

I was going to do this for all the main cast but I was having trouble picking 10 geordi episodes, I think I was up to 8 for him

like look at my top 5 crushers episodes

1) Remember Me
2) Attached
3) Suspicions
4) Naked Now
5) True Q

only two of these five are "crusher episodes" and the others are ones where her acting is better or she has a strong part

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
my top ten riker episodes

1) Frame of Mind
2) Matter of Honor
3) Schisms
4) First Contact
5) Chain of Command
6) Best of Both Worlds
7) the Pegasus
8) the Gambit
9) Future Imperfect
10) Second Chances

Quincetessence
Oct 23, 2008

Drone posted:

I wanna say that a lore sidebar in the Star Trek Adventures rulebook (or one of the supplements, I forget) talks about ice hockey being a big thing on Andoria.

Even if you don't play the game, the book is full of tons of little lore details like that. It's great.

Even better, one of the pieces of flavor art in there features a Klingons vs Andorians ice hockey game. It's exactly the right kind of ridiculous I like to see in these things.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Yeah the game has some rad art.

Also the game itself is rad.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cat Hatter posted:

An episode where they were on Earth where they went to a hockey game to introduce Shran to hockey, filmed in the boxes of an actual game IRL. Shran is rapt with attention. They CG the scoreboard to be holographic in post.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

No Luck Needed posted:

my top ten riker episodes

1) Frame of Mind
2) Matter of Honor
3) Schisms
4) First Contact
5) Chain of Command
6) Best of Both Worlds
7) the Pegasus
8) the Gambit
9) Future Imperfect
10) Second Chances

no peak performance, no list

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

FlamingLiberal posted:

TOS- The Mark of Gideon

Doesn't Kirk offer to share birth control with them (which must have been a big deal to talk about on TV at this time) and the guy says it's against their beliefs? But somehow giving people an infection to result in mass deaths isn't?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Humerus posted:

Doesn't Kirk offer to share birth control with them (which must have been a big deal to talk about on TV at this time) and the guy says it's against their beliefs? But somehow giving people an infection to result in mass deaths isn't?

savage child race indeed

oh, wait, you werent talking about 2020 humans

unironically people against birth control would literally rather death than birth control as a matter of course. this isnt the thread for it, but the atrocities are horrific & it is a sincere matter of human rights today that needs a lot of help

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

They really needed to do more simple weird fun space poo poo on Enterprise and take advantage of that whole "We don't know how deep space is gonna effect the ship and crew" thing. Like that one bit from the pilot where Mayweather's giving Archer the tour of the NX-01 and is like "Hey, check this poo poo out" and does a flip and winds up standing on the ceiling because there was something funky with the artificial gravity in that one part of the ship.

Enterprise, you could have been so great and yet :negative:

Mayweather should've flipped the Enterprise a few times just for the sake of it.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

FlamingLiberal posted:

TOS- The Mark of Gideon

One of the biggest casualties of TOS season 3 syndrome. It's such a fascinating premise with a few really haunting visuals, but the script needed a lot of work, aside from all the painfully obvious work they did to keep it under budget. And it really is amazing that the cost-cutting plot device they settled on (the fake Enterprise) managed to be so completely incompatible with the main conceit of the episode. And in the end it was of virtually no consequence to the story anyway.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sir Lemming posted:

One of the biggest casualties of TOS season 3 syndrome. It's such a fascinating premise with a few really haunting visuals, but the script needed a lot of work, aside from all the painfully obvious work they did to keep it under budget. And it really is amazing that the cost-cutting plot device they settled on (the fake Enterprise) managed to be so completely incompatible with the main conceit of the episode. And in the end it was of virtually no consequence to the story anyway.
No it doesn’t matter at all

Like obviously Kirk figures out within an hour that it’s not the real ship

But again, how did these people have the knowledge of Starfleet to build an exact replica?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

Quincetessence posted:

Even better, one of the pieces of flavor art in there features a Klingons vs Andorians ice hockey game. It's exactly the right kind of ridiculous I like to see in these things.

The picture's also in the Klingon Empire Corebook, and I agree that it is the best piece of art in the entire Star Trek Adventures line.