Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

GTA 6 will only start development once the GTA Online money starts to run dry. So sometime around the heat death of the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Gonna admit that I straight-up haven't had any interest in a GTA game since Vice City. The entire series has been treading water since GTA 3, there has not been a single new thing worth mentioning in any game since. I wouldn't care much even if they never made another one at all.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

20 Blunts posted:

wait can you play as the wildlife now??? i wanna be a big grizzy bear

You can play as a buck. For 5 minutes and confined to a small part of the map. After finding 5 of a new collectible flower. It's as limited and restricted as they could make it, because Rockstar hates fun.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

You can play as a buck. For 5 minutes and confined to a small part of the map. After finding 5 of a new collectible flower. It's as limited and restricted as they could make it, because Rockstar hates fun.

transformed for the first time last night and ran around wondering what I was supposed to do in such a small area for such a short time... seems pointless.

did charge another deer head on and kill it, so there’s that I guess

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

winter.mute posted:

transformed for the first time last night and ran around wondering what I was supposed to do in such a small area for such a short time... seems pointless.

did charge another deer head on and kill it, so there’s that I guess

Did Harriet shriek and gas you for that?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
The PS4 exclusives have dropped for other consoles and PC - Gabbro, Chalk and Rutile Horn rams, and Coastal, Oceanic and Megafauna fossils.

And me still needing the Shadow Buck, because every time (except the first) that I've drawn it from Harriet, I get infinite-loading-screen while the actual mission starts. (I can shoot and move, but no visuals other than the loading slideshow. Doesn't go away when accessing the map, satchel or main menu.)

Did find the Zizi Beaver coming back from a Pattya Bison mission. Said beaver immediately attacked me. (Sounds like the lead-in to a Deadpool gag.)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

They missed an opportunity by not making a murderous white legendary rabbit.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

FreudianSlippers posted:

GTA 6 will only start development once the GTA Online money starts to run dry. So sometime around the heat death of the universe.

My gut tells me GTA6 has been in the works for a while. If all the money from GTAO was funneled right back into GTAO, by now GTA players could wear ski masks and ski goggles at the same time or get facial hair at the barber shop that doesn't look like it was spraypainted on.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
yeah at this point they can afford to spend as long as they want on it

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It seems to me GTAO and RDO are being developed by a tiny team on a shoestring budget. Most of the people working on V probably started working on VI as soon as their game shipped.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

FuturePastNow posted:

It seems to me GTAO and RDO are being developed by a tiny team on a shoestring budget. Most of the people working on V probably started working on VI as soon as their game shipped.

That's my take as well. I don't think we'll return to Liberty City in GTA6 unless they're going to drastically change the playable area. Being able to visit more rural areas seems like kind of a necessity at this point.

Inverted Sphere
Aug 19, 2013
It's kind of insane how many more random events and such are spawning in smaller (or solo) lobbies, I honestly didn't know like 90% of these random encounters existed. Hell, for a pretty good while I didn't know there -were- random encounters.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

fennesz posted:

That's my take as well. I don't think we'll return to Liberty City in GTA6 unless they're going to drastically change the playable area. Being able to visit more rural areas seems like kind of a necessity at this point.

It's probably going to be Vice City but with a whole bunch of gator infested swamp wilderness and scattered tiny towns full of comically inbred hicks and a Florida Keysesque archipelago would be guaranteed. They could even reuse a lot of Guarma assets.

But I'd be genuinely surprised if it's even announced before 2025.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

It's probably going to be Vice City but with a whole bunch of gator infested swamp wilderness and scattered tiny towns full of comically inbred hicks and a Florida Keysesque archipelago would be guaranteed. They could even reuse a lot of Guarma assets.

My guess is that it'll be out holiday season 2022 or maybe 2023. This estimation is based on nothing :banjo:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

FreudianSlippers posted:

If they made a fake Florida, that could include more than one major city, a giant amusement park, space launch center, the Everglades and the Keys... yeah, there's potentially a huge map to be made. I want to blow up Pastor Richards' Salvation Statue. I have no idea if the rumors about Vice City for GTA6 are credible or not, though.

My gut feeling based on nothing is that the game will be released near the 10th anniversary of GTA5 (so late 2023).

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I'm finding it hard to get too excited for GTA6, if only because Rockstars writing feel 100 times better when its being sincere and not cloaked in cynicism and incredibly glib satire . At least the open world will probably be good.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

JustaDamnFool posted:

I'm finding it hard to get too excited for GTA6, if only because Rockstars writing feel 100 times better when its being sincere and not cloaked in cynicism and incredibly glib satire . At least the open world will probably be good.

Hey guys you remember Facebook? What if it was called... FUCKbook! :mmmhmm:

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

If they made a fake Florida, that could include more than one major city, a giant amusement park, space launch center, the Everglades and the Keys... yeah, there's potentially a huge map to be made.

GTA Hawaii would be pretty cool with all the Islands making up a huge map. Just throw in a little Magnum P.I. or Danger Island vibe.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
I always assumed gta6 would be vice city and/or liberty city and gtao would just expand to include the new cities. Hop on a plane, fly on over.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

based on how janky gtao is even now i doubt it'd be able to support having a whole new game with a presumably updated engine grafted on to it

plus it's an excuse to reset everyone's progress so all the whales with a billion dollars in the bank have to purchase a whole new set of shark cards

Bazanga
Oct 10, 2006
chinchilla farmer
Just fired up RDO on PC for the first time this week and I'm trying to work through the story missions but matchmaking keeps failing. Initially I tried it with auto-aim enabled, then free aim enabled, and neither seems to make a difference. Is the PC population really this dead?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Bazanga posted:

Just fired up RDO on PC for the first time this week and I'm trying to work through the story missions but matchmaking keeps failing. Initially I tried it with auto-aim enabled, then free aim enabled, and neither seems to make a difference. Is the PC population really this dead?

Yeah. I haven't been able to finish the storyline, either.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

there's no reason to ever replay the story missions once you've already played through them once so the matchmaking on them sucks regardless

keep an eye out for when there's a play a story mission daily objective I guess?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
There was a recent bonus XP/cash thing for doing story missions, but while I got through the initial "see the sheriffs" ones before it ended, it's gone awfully dead since.

From the players that I was matched with, I suspect their low levels were either full-resets coming back up, or alt-accounts for high levels. None of 'em were acting like level 7-30 n00bs, and some certainly had the missions down pat.

Harrier gon' gas me tonight, I took her Patya bison mission and a pickup ZZ Beaver encounter, and converted them into about 70% Cripps refill.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Are there any appearance change vouchers in Outlaw Pass 3? I'm up to rank 72 and so far, nothing.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i do not think so but I'm not certain

you can see all the rewards in the outlaw pass under either the progress or benefits menu, I forget which

Au Revoir Shosanna fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 20, 2020

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

JustaDamnFool posted:

If the rumors are correct or have been, I would like to see what Houston looks like in Virtual form

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Come on Rockstar let me fix my teeth.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Dick Jones posted:

Are there any appearance change vouchers in Outlaw Pass 3? I'm up to rank 72 and so far, nothing.

Nope. But it is only $400 (the screens you go through to get to the appearance change all say it costs 10 gold, but at the end you have the option of gold or cash).

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I finally missed a day on the streak a while ago, i was up to like 56 or some poo poo.

I went from having like 1 golds after getting naturalist crap to having 200 golds though!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The second I get back into the final week of streak upgrades, all the quests are kind of time consuming and not just "pet a dog" :rip:

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I had a good streak going again till hurricane Sally hit and knocked my power and Internet out for a week.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

hakimashou posted:

I finally missed a day on the streak a while ago, i was up to like 56 or some poo poo.

I went from having like 1 golds after getting naturalist crap to having 200 golds though!

Yeah feels like you really only need to keep a good streak like once and you're set on gold for good. I dropped like 50g and $8000 when Naturalist hit and made back everything and then some, and really haven't even played a whole lot.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

hakimashou posted:

Dropped my 80 days+ streak yesterday. Feels good, man!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Thinking about calling it when I reach day 300. :suicide:

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Restarting a streak so I can finish off outlaw pass (xbox) and so far everyday has had less than 3 people in the lobby. It is amazing how many “bugs” disappear, no disconnects, no endless loading, camp is always there.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Easy daily yesterday was 3 meters onto a horse. Which I got, somehow, by falling about six feet off a small cliff onto the ground about twenty feet from my horse. :iiam: Hairstyle was easy enough, as was reviving two sedated animals. (Doubled up on that by harvesting snakes for the wetlands samples.)

Dipping into The Divison 2: Math Is Harder, so other than at least looking for the last Legendaries and doing some dailies, I'll probably ease back on Cowboy Time for a while.

CP2077 drops, everything will likely get dropped like a hot rock. :getin:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I got to day 341 but I didn't think to take a screenshot. Would have kept going but I didn't have internet for about a week three or so weeks ago.

I have 750 gold. I'm set for a good long time.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

Thinking about calling it when I reach day 300. :suicide:

How much gold do you have? I hit like 60 once and 30 twice and am sitting at 290g.

gotdamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

fennesz posted:

How much gold do you have? I hit like 60 once and 30 twice and am sitting at 290g.

gotdamn.

Only 68. I bought out the Outlaw Pass instead of playing and spent gold on clothing numerous times when cash was low.