Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

At what pain recovery rate are you going to get better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Spectral Throw for clear, Lancing Steel for ST

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Napkin calcs, but:

It looks like wrath, anger, smite, generosity + skeletons and the new sword have 2-3x the base damage of redemption sentries + hatred, generosity in pob

Sure that's 100% reserve vs. 50% and neglecting links on the minions, but still p good

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Me, a loving galaxy brainer: Crit Poison Hexblast

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

pork never goes bad posted:

Pretty sure Flame Wall will basically solve that. Put one on the boss, and one in between you.

God I hope it works. I remember ragquitting from fireball and jumping onto cospris cause of how miserable fighting drox was.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Went from bladestorm glad to bl miner back to maybe I guess bladestorm glad bc of how hard they nuked ball lightning

Aaaaaa Ffs

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I feel like you could easily trigger Impending Doom by casting a *different* curse on a target, overwriting the original curse when you have a max of 1 curse. Either use two 6-links for this, or double up on your 6link and have two 5-links in there.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Really interesting and weird skill. If I'm reading this right you could do like a stormfire archmage ignite build, but without needing the stormfire since All Damage Ignites. Between this, discharge and firewall ignites builds in general got a lot to play with this league

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Alt quality gems up:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936122

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

lul @ spark chaos conversion

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jean Eric Burn posted:

lul @ spark chaos conversion

Voltaxic spark is back baby

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Blast rain granting covered in ash is kinda good if you put it in Maloney's and do some asenath's chant fire wall poo poo.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Decoy Totem has " Totems Explode on Death, dealing 40% of their Life as Physical Damage"

totem bomber :unsmigghh:

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

MMF Freeway posted:

Really interesting and weird skill. If I'm reading this right you could do like a stormfire archmage ignite build, but without needing the stormfire since All Damage Ignites. Between this, discharge and firewall ignites builds in general got a lot to play with this league

If you spam cast this and a curse, alternating each cast, without any casting speed you take 1.1 seconds (.5s for curse, .6s for for Hexblast). Doom will build up during the .6s cast of Hexblast - with all of the Doom nodes, you'd get to 19 doom (+4 to start, 25 doom/second * .6). You get 50% More per 5 Doom - assuming that there isn't an arbitrary cutoff point and this is just describing the conversion rate, that means 190% More, or 2082.2 damage over 1.1 seconds. Arc would do about 1427.1 damage over the same time period on the first target hit.

The downside is that as cast speed increases it's going to get a worse ratio since there's less time for Doom to build up, and also that alternating spam casts like that is a pain in the rear end. The (other) upside is I didn't account for Impending Doom, and also the Arc person is going to have to figure out how to apply a Hex anyway.

What I, or preferably someone else, needs to do is sit down and figure out what the optimal time to pop a curse with Hexblast is. Immediately? Let it build for a bit?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
why would you want the alt quality of more damage required to trigger "Cast when Damage Taken"?

edit: Is it something like if an enemy does 1000 damage but you wanted to go off higher at 1200 damage to make the triggered spell matter more since you lost more?

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 17, 2020

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
Ethereal Knives can inflict impale now. Weird.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Drop rates on those might be bad.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Vasudus posted:

Options after the gem reveal:

Hexblast Occultist - Shiny and new, probably gonna run this during the league regardless

I could go with any of these really. We'll see.

I was thinking about bane for clear with two courses linked (temporal chains, despair?) and then using that to build doom for hexblast. Is that the play? Help me vasudus!!

Also, can I get an invite for xxDigBickChaosBlasterxx?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Bane hexes won't build doom. Self-cast only. But Bane can remove the self-cast hex depending on curse limit and such, triggering impending doom.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Cobra Lash Alternate Quality 2 Projectiles deal 15% increased Damage for each remaining Chain

75% increased damage for single target seems pretty nice, especially since that's where it suffers.

Bone Offering Alternate Quality 1 40% less Skill Effect Duration
Minions recover 100 Life when they Block

An offering for Necros in this trying time.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
The Aura alternate effects are insane gamechangers for aurabots. AURA EFFECT SCALES them, so you can have Purity of Ice/Fire/Lightning that give full ailment immunity to everyone, etc. Imagine these all with 3-5x aura effect:

Clarity "You and nearby Allies have 20% increased Damage while on Full Mana" that's insane for minions at no investment lol

Determination "You and nearby Allies gain 10% of Evasion Rating as Extra Armour" lol that's like 3000 flat armor from Grace that then gets multiplied

Grace "You and nearby Allies have 10% chance to avoid Elemental Ailments"

Haste "You and nearby Allies have 10% increased Projectile Speed" sweet for spectres or phantoms

Hatred "You and nearby Allies have 20% increased Movement Speed while on Chilled Ground" does that mean you can go ice skating on your own Arctic Armour?

Malevolence "You and nearby allies have 10% increased Skill Effect Duration"

Precision
Alternate Quality 1 10% reduced Mana Reserved
Alternate Quality 2 You and nearby Allies deal 10% increased Damage You and nearby Allies have 10% less Area of Effect

Purity of Ice
Alternate Quality 1 You and nearby Allies have 20% chance to avoid being Frozen
Alternate Quality 2 Your and nearby Allies' Damage Penetrates 4% Cold Resistance

Vitality You and nearby Allies deal 20% increased Damage while on Full Life

Zealotry
Alternate Quality 1 You and nearby Allies have +5% to Critical Strike Multiplier
Alternate Quality 2 You and nearby Allies Regenerate 0.40% of Life per second

Jesus Christ lol

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Item Rarity
Supported Skills have 2% chance for Coin Shower on Kill

:thunk:

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Magus42 posted:

Item Rarity
Supported Skills have 2% chance for Coin Shower on Kill

:thunk:

Golden showers.

Probably Perandus coin drops. The aura stuff is also just generally nice, lots of good ones for people who just use a self-aura too.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Vasudus posted:

Options after the gem reveal:

CA/TR Pathfinder - Safe choice, haven't done a Pathfinder in ages and CA/TR in even longer
Hexblast Occultist - Shiny and new, probably gonna run this during the league regardless
Crackling Lance Archmage Scion - Probably character #2 if I don't start with it

I could go with any of these really. We'll see.

I'm thinking about crackling lance as well, but why would you take Scion over Hiero? Or is it because of easy access to acro?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Enduring cry gets
40% reduced Cooldown Recovery Rate
20% increased Buff Effect

What nerf?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Ball Lightning alt quality has one that is "Projectiles have 10% chance to be Supercharged"

What does Supercharged mean? Wiki has nothing and I don't think I've seen it elsewhere. It'd be hilarious if it meant they had increased AoE (but even more hilarious if they had increased speed)

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Desecrate: something something 2% Forgotten corpse.

What’s a forgotten corpse?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
some interesting ones:

Dominating Blow: Maximum 2 Summoned Normal Sentinels of Dominance
Earthquake: Increases and Reductions to Spell Damage also apply to Attack Damage from this Skill
Essence Drain: 100% increased Damage with Hits :laffo:
Ethereal Knives: 10% chance to Impale on Spell Hit
Freezing Pulse: Cannot Pierce Enemies :confused:
Haste: Buffs on You and nearby Allies expire 20% faster
Herald of Thunder: Buff grants 10% increased Damage taken, Buff grants 30% increased Damage
Leap Slam: 10% increased Attack Speed
Magma Orb: 10% chance to Detonate for Double Damage instead of Chaining
Scourge Arrow: Each Spore Pod fires 2 Thorn Arrows
Blood Magic: Supported Skills have 1% reduced Mana Reserved (somewhere, Herald builds from Delirium weep)
Controlled Destruction: Supported Skills have 10% chance for Damage with Hits to be Lucky
Fire Penetration: Supported Skills Destroy Ignited Corpses on Kill
Item Rarity: Supported Skills have 2% chance for Coin Shower on Kill
Minion Speed: 40% reduced Minion Duration
Urgent Orders: Supported Skills have minimum of 10 Power

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

No Safe Word posted:

Ball Lightning alt quality has one that is "Projectiles have 10% chance to be Supercharged"

What does Supercharged mean? Wiki has nothing and I don't think I've seen it elsewhere. It'd be hilarious if it meant they had increased AoE (but even more hilarious if they had increased speed)

Probably the same effect as the cluster jewel node Supercharge: Lightning Damage with Non-Critical Strikes is Lucky

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Enduring cry gets

What nerf?

Reduce Cooldown Recovery Rate means the cooldown is longer because PoE

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Enduring cry gets

What nerf?

Reduced Cooldown Recovery Rate means longer cooldown. You're trading more effect for a longer cooldown.
Beaten. dang.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

These are all really boring, like there’s a “correct” good one for each of them

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

RPZip posted:

Golden showers.

Probably Perandus coin drops.

Shhhh I have a secret idea. Pathfinder Writhing Worm AFK Coin Shower bot. Leave it on overnight. You just know they forgot to account for those. Looks like I can mine coins with my GPU after all!

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Sep 17, 2020

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

Alright, need someone to give this a sanity check.

Hexes generate doom at 10 doom/second with a base of 30 doom and +10 more on the tree. You gain access to 150% doom gain rate on the skill tree bringing the 10 doom/second to 25 doom/second. At this rate it takes 40/25 = 1.6 seconds for a hex to gain max doom before you want to consume it with hexblast. Ideally you would have 2 resistance lowering curses on the boss, consuming the one at max doom while the other builds up to max. So the shortest time it takes to get to max doom is 1.6 seconds. Alternatively, you can take Doomsday causing the hexes you in an area to gain maximum doom after the area expires (1 second). Basically, Doomsday should always be optimal for maximum single target dps because your hexes generate maximum doom 0.6 seconds faster than the alternative.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

theshim posted:

some interesting ones:

Freezing Pulse: Cannot Pierce Enemies :confused:

That lets it Chain and Fork!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

theshim posted:

some interesting ones:

Blood Magic: Supported Skills have 1% reduced Mana Reserved (somewhere, Herald builds from Delirium weep)

I don't think 1% reduced at 20% qual is gonna make anything weep

McFrugal posted:

That lets it Chain and Fork!

And Faster Projectiles lets them return!

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Sep 17, 2020

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Syle187 posted:

Alright, need someone to give this a sanity check.

Hexes generate doom at 10 doom/second with a base of 30 doom and +10 more on the tree. You gain access to 150% doom gain rate on the skill tree bringing the 10 doom/second to 25 doom/second. At this rate it takes 40/25 = 1.6 seconds for a hex to gain max doom before you want to consume it with hexblast. Ideally you would have 2 resistance lowering curses on the boss, consuming the one at max doom while the other builds up to max. So the shortest time it takes to get to max doom is 1.6 seconds. Alternatively, you can take Doomsday causing the hexes you in an area to gain maximum doom after the area expires (1 second). Basically, Doomsday should always be optimal for maximum single target dps because your hexes generate maximum doom 0.6 seconds faster than the alternative.

Yeah, but it's going to feel miserable because they don't generate any Doom until the Doomsday area expires. So if you throw Hexblast too early or just fire it off since it's trash you won't get any of the AoE stuff.

This might not be true if reduced duration on the curses makes the Doomsday area proc faster.

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

Either way it sounds like alternating two curses waiting half a second and then hexblasting would be a very unfun playstyle to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

CubeTheory posted:

Reduce Cooldown Recovery Rate means the cooldown is longer because PoE

PoE descriptions :argh: