Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
https://twitter.com/KingRyanG/status/1306401983121649664?s=19

Sure, why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

lol. i remember when floyd effortlessly beat the breaks off of one of the best kickboxers in the world. i'm sure this will be more competitive.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That’s the only fight you could make for either of them where I wouldn’t know who to cheer for

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

maybe floyd will break his hand on logan's stupid face and it'll be called a no contest

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Marching Powder posted:

lol. i remember when floyd effortlessly beat the breaks off of one of the best kickboxers in the world. i'm sure this will be more competitive.

I know this won’t have a big effect on the outcome, but Floyd had 20 lbs on Tenshin and would be down 50 to Paul. The reach mayyyybe would make it a tentative match for a couple rounds.

I saw this scrolling IG and thought how do I know that guy? Did he go to my gym?
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CFR3gEyBZGo/?igshid=2hilfun9h8j3

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i would assume floyd would have to bulk up significantly and meet logan paul at his weight class which honestly is fine; i don’t think he’s been a serious threat to knock anyone out since bush was in office so it was probably always going to come down to points/a face saving ‘tko’/stoppage

i would imagine they would fight at light heavyweight which is still probably going to be hell for logan paul on actual weight management, or they do a catchweight and we get to see puffy floyd mayweather slowly dance around logan paul for ten rounds

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
What if Logan Paul wins?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Quizzlefish posted:

What if Logan Paul wins?

well then we beat 2020 and we can get started on Newgame+

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Pumped to pay 74.99 to watch the Charlos in four days

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Quizzlefish posted:

What if Logan Paul wins?

i die a merciful death of laughter

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Absolutely jazzed about this Charlo card. First time I’ve been genuinely excited about boxing in a long time

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Jump King posted:

Absolutely jazzed about this Charlo card. First time I’ve been genuinely excited about boxing in a long time

I've reconciled myself to the fact that I will pay 74.99 to watch Jermall Charlo fight a guy who has failed in both of his step up fights as well watching Jermell fight a guy who just caught J-Rock overlooking him who loses 9 times out of 10

Goddamn Al Haymon you are a loving genius in spite of all those certainly wildly untrue and borderline defamatory rumors about your proclivities for transsexual women

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 26, 2020

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The SituAsian posted:

Pumped to pay 74.99 to watch the Charlos in four days

Same tbh.

I'm still undecided on who I think takes the main event, it's a toss up fight imo. As far as the undercard goes that Banana guy impressed the hell out of me in January and while I don't think he beats Jermell I do appreciate that they're giving him the shot.

Supposedly McGregor-Pacquiao is on the works, hilarious mismatch imo but I don't think it happens anytime before a covid vaccine does for financial reasons. But if it does I'll be making every even money bet I can possibly make for as much as I can bet on Manny and this time I'm collecting on every one of them.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is the saddest thing I have ever seen

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
loving lol that Chavez Jr. lost his comeback in that godforsaken Chavez Jr. - Jorge Are exhibition card that (I assume) Sportsgenius posted about too

https://twitter.com/DAZN_USA/status/1309699115375357952?s=19

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The SituAsian posted:

loving lol that Chavez Jr. lost his comeback in that godforsaken Chavez Jr. - Jorge Are exhibition card that (I assume) Sportsgenius posted about too

https://twitter.com/DAZN_USA/status/1309699115375357952?s=19

You are correct in that assumption. I was referring to the ending you posted there.

The main was hilariously lovely though.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

There's a world where covid never happened but also JCC jr knocked out Sergio Martinez in that twelfth round. So it could always be worse.

Speaking of, did anyone here catch Maravilla's return fight? I haven't seen it yet but heard he looked pretty good, Dwyer on youtube for example was saying he thinks Martinez with a healed leg beats a lot of top guys today.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

The Ninth Layer posted:

There's a world where covid never happened but also JCC jr knocked out Sergio Martinez in that twelfth round. So it could always be worse.

Speaking of, did anyone here catch Maravilla's return fight? I haven't seen it yet but heard he looked pretty good, Dwyer on youtube for example was saying he thinks Martinez with a healed leg beats a lot of top guys today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynjOnUIsgPI&t=454s - Didn't really watch it but just looking at glimpses I guess he seems fine?

Anyone going to be in the Discord tonight?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Josh Taylor with a brutal liver shot in the first round

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Card was amazing.

I've sort of taken my fight time posting off site, but it was a great card from top to bottom.

I think 154 is a really interesting division to watch right now. You've got Charlo at the top of course, but there's a bunch of guys at the level just below that can all win a fight against each other on any given day: Lara, Rosario, Hurd, JRock, Castano, Lubin and probably Harrison is more or less on this level too. Culcay and Soro are also there as Euro level guys who are a bit less of a known quantity but would be a threat to anybody in the division. Patrick Teixeira is the other beltholder in the division aside from charlo, but he honestly seems a bit out of place here. I'd love to be proven wrong here, but I think he's just going to get scalped by either a rebuilding fighter or a rising one.

There's a lot of up and coming undefeated guys in the division too, the hottest name amongst them is Tim Tszyu, but scroll down a bit on the boxrec and you'll see like 20 undefeated fighters from around the world. A lot of the younger ones will probably move up to 160 at some point, but some of them are sure to breakthrough here. Some of them aren't even that young either, like the elusive Sergio Garcia, who has had 31 fairly soft fights in Spain and 1 fight in England where he thrashed undefeated fan favourite Ted Cheeseman.

It's an odd division because its right between the more prestigious welterweight and middleweight division, so its often thought that the quality fighters here will bulk up or cut down. Maybe the skill of the top guys isn't as high as some other divisions, but there's a lot of guys at the top who can have toss up fights with each other at the moment, which is always exciting. I don't think anybody's beating Jermell though. In fact even at Middleweight, its kind of hard to see Jermall losing there either. I'm honestly considering the Charlos as fringe P4P guys right now.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
It was pretty cool when Jermell jabbed Banana in the stomach and made him come

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeBoxing/status/1310088074471321600?s=19

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 28, 2020

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

The SituAsian posted:

It was pretty cool when Jermell jabbed Banana in the stomach and made him come

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeBoxing/status/1310088074471321600?s=19

yoooooooooo i can't believe i missed this, i forgot it was tonight :(

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
If you have ESPN+ check out Jose Zepeda vs Ivan Baranchyk now. Insane action

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

fight of the loving year

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

holy poo poo

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Jump King posted:

holy poo poo

Zepeda was down literally 15 seconds earlier!!!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

drat this is taking a long time

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Assuming Baranchyk is as ok-and it being in Nevada gives me hope- this is by far fight of the year ( for that's worth) and is going to be remembered for a long time. If something Errol Spence and Danny Garcia was like this it would be like automatic fight of the decade.

https://twitter.com/trboxing/status/1312600064162848768?s=19

https://twitter.com/trboxing/status/1312594771383185408?s=19

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

that was a great fight holy poo poo

scary knockout though, hopefully Baranchyk's alright

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

drat if baranchyk's hand is six inches to the right then zepeda's probably down for the count there

hope he's alright

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Catching up on Zepeda Baranchyk with breakfast and my 4yo goes ‘dad you really like people hitting each other’

Yes I do kid, especially like this

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
It helped that Ivan Baranchyk is literally a embodiment of what someone doesn't follow the sport would think of as an indestructible fighter. Very muscular, always throws at full strength and Easter European.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The SituAsian posted:

Easter European.

Technically correct in that it took him like three days to rise from the dead

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

sportsgenius86 posted:

Technically correct in that it took him like three days to rise from the dead

With Baranchyk's hard rear end head dude it's more likely he's from Easter Island than Belarus

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The boxing card on showtime tonight was interesting. Lots of early endings.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Bunch of English teenage girls about to catch the vapors

https://twitter.com/KingRyanG/status/1314231254062039040?s=19

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This actually a really good fight.

Davis, Lopez and now Garcia all getting into serious fights. Haney’s got something booked with Gamboa, which is also decent step toward the top level if less eye catching.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

garcia has to actually book fights if he wants to fight on the world stage for real for real so this will be a good litmus test to see if he’s actually anything

it’s gonna be interesting to see the lightweight division turn into a series of eliminator bouts to decide who has the honor of getting mowed down by loma; teofimo is probably the odds on favorite to come out on top but we’ll probably have a better idea of whether or not garcia is the real deal (physically i think he might be the most talented of the bunch)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Hmm

https://twitter.com/TomCraze/status/1315037433625485312?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Haha - that was a beautiful bait and switch