Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

J-Ru can you explain the Dain/Maverick thing cuz the snippets seem to imply the entire story is just people punching Drake over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spiderdrake posted:

J-Ru can you explain the Dain/Maverick thing cuz the snippets seem to imply the entire story is just people punching Drake over and over

Drake keeps picking fights with The Undisputed Era, Killian Dain is only involved because he doesn't like them either. But he also doesn't like Drake, and takes exception to him continually trying to act like they're friends or allies.

There's the germ of a story in there, but what they're presenting is basically,"Drake is an idiot loser dumbass" and given how badly they've booked him before AND the fact he was fired and they turned his real life emotional trauma into a storyline to try and make THEMSELVES look like heroes just makes the whole thing seem really hosed up.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

Killian Dain hates everyone and Drake Maverick is a scrappy fool who keeps getting beaten up and coming back for more.

O'Reilly is still in Undisputed Era, he's just for parking lot safety and wants no fighting in them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's about time someone tried to clean up the mean streets of the PC parking lot.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

O'Reilly is still in Undisputed Era, he's just for parking lot safety and wants no fighting in them.

Sad to hear he's anti-AEW :smith:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

At this point their mindset is so wild that they might be booking more takeovers hoping they get post Takeover ratings bumps on NXT.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gauntlet Elimination Match is a Royal Rumble with pins and submissions instead of being over the top rope. Did ROH do something similar in the past?

Jerusalem posted:

Sad to hear he's anti-AEW :smith:

A lot of people get jumped in the parking lot AND he wasn't a fan of Dream and Cole's parking lot match either!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

NXT Results 9/16:
  • Killian Dain told Drake Maverick backstage that he never agreed to be in a tag team and wouldn't join him in their scheduled match against The Undisputed Era.
  • Killian Dain & Drake Maverick defeated The Undisputed Era by DQ. Dain only came out when William Regal yelled at him backstage. Bobby Fish hit Dain with a chair and he and Roderick Strong ran away. Killian Dain knocked Maverick out with a punch.

CarlCX posted:

drake maverick wept openly on television and basically begged for his job back for this

how many consecutive weeks will this post stay relevant

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

A lot of people get jumped in the parking lot AND he wasn't a fan of Dream and Cole's parking lot match either!

Hmmm, you know I believe Parking Lot Ninja attacks HAVE been on the decline recently.... maybe he's an effective deterrent!

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

KungFu Grip posted:

Gauntlet Elimination Match is a Royal Rumble with pins and submissions instead of being over the top rope. Did ROH do something similar in the past?

NJPW does a big annual battle royale like this IIRC

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DogsInSpace! posted:

Would you say that Keith Lee is a bad hombre?

In all seriousness that video is a little disturbing. Not because of OMG Brutal damage but it feels like I'm watching some alt right promo video. Well its WWE so an alt right guy with absolutely no knowledge how to film.... or edit.... or hold a camera... or basic shot setup. Even when they are simply talking the camera sways left and right. I feel like I'm in high school and my teacher should yell at me for not holding the bloody cam steady.

I was trying to figure out how Keith Lee got into the ring and 5 feet away from Drew and the announcer without them noticing.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that was also the aztec warfare match format from lucha underground

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
NXT recap reads unwatchable after watching a Dynamite, good god.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I was trying to figure out how Keith Lee got into the ring and 5 feet away from Drew and the announcer without them noticing.

they have a backstage interview area that is half a ring

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I liked Drake better when he was shoot peeing himself, they should go back to that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Xia Li please leave WWE she is too good to keep being a jobber.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

KungFu Grip posted:

While that raises other questions it does explain the one I had. Thank you.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

While that raises other questions it does explain the one I had. Thank you.

i think its the ring that retribution broke and cut the ropes off of since the one side of the ring is missing ring ropes? Idk either

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Hirez posted:

NXT recap reads unwatchable after watching a Dynamite, good god.

Right, I can't fathom why anyone would tune into, much less prefer, NXT, especially with what a banger Dynamite was tonight.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Majinfoose posted:

Right, I can't fathom why anyone would tune into, much less prefer, NXT, especially with what a banger Dynamite was tonight.

All I can figure is that WWE is easily digestible at this point. You know exactly what you're going to get week to week.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Majinfoose posted:

You’ll understand when you’re older

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Just wait until you turn 50. You’ll never change the channel. You’ll salivate watching this poo poo.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

THE HARD CAM IS THAT WAY GODDAMMIT!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

ICR posted:

Just wait until you turn 50. You’ll never change the channel. You’ll salivate watching this poo poo.

And here I thought I was watching "To Catch A Predator".

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Majinfoose posted:

And here I thought I was watching "To Catch A Predator".

This is the second week that Kushida has beaten the poo poo out of one so its understandable you made that mistake

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

i remember them having this for interview segments on some home video things but in front of the crowd on a stage

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JOHN CENA posted:

i remember them having this for interview segments on some home video things but in front of the crowd on a stage

Yeah I like it because it's a throwback to that. When I was little and went to see some shows they had a little stage off to the side that they would give interviews on. So it reminds me of that.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Jerusalem posted:

Regal announced a "Gauntlet Elimination Match" next week to decide the number one contender for Balor's championship at the Takeover in THREE WEEKS.

I wonder if the one of the competitors in the opening match will barely manage to win every fight until the final round, where the well-rested heel takes them out and wins the title shot?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I feel like either Kushida wins it or loses to Dream and they do Dream vs Kushida at the Takeover since it seemed like he was advertised for the gauntlet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ivar's expected to be out for over a year

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Io vs Shotzi was very good. Man Shotzi SUCKED like eight months ago, she has gotten pretty good.

Rest of the show was mostly good wrestling with questionable booking, per usual. KUSHIDA going serious is probably wise though because he's too good for the comedy gimmick they will stick him with if Vince ever sees his entrance.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

I’m still a bit unsettled that the tall and very white good guy sucker punched Lee and during the beat down (which Drew started) you got a focus on Lee’s BLM shirt then the refs come out and first go to stop the “out of control” Lee. I don’t think this is was a directive.... just following the natural wwe way of doing things.

Rick posted:

Io vs Shotzi was very good. Man Shotzi SUCKED like eight months ago, she has gotten pretty good.

Rest of the show was mostly good wrestling with questionable booking, per usual. KUSHIDA going serious is probably wise though because he's too good for the comedy gimmick they will stick him with if Vince ever sees his entrance.

This is so depressing. KUSHIDA....
I feel like I’m back to dreading KENTA or Shinsuke getting on WWE tv.

Dynamite was so much fun btw.

ICR posted:

Is this like the blue collar uncle who was always Labour who hits 50 and suddenly becomes obsessed with tradition and family values? I’m legit worried this will happen to me in a couple of decades.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DogsInSpace! posted:

Is this like the blue collar uncle who was always Labour who hits 50 and suddenly becomes obsessed with tradition and family values? I’m legit worried this will happen to me in a couple of decades.

It won't happen because our generation won't own the capital needed to turn people into conservatives

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

It won't happen because our generation won't own the capital needed to turn people into conservatives

A lot will, it'll just require their parents dying. But they will acquire assets eventually. Well unless your parents stay alive too long and need to sell their house to pay for care. Which I suppose they probably will the selfish bastards

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

A lot will, it'll just require their parents dying. But they will acquire assets eventually. Well unless your parents stay alive too long and need to sell their house to pay for care. Which I suppose they probably will the selfish bastards

Just do what I do and have a photo of yourself with Jeremy Corbyn. I know that'll finish my dad off if I show it to him.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1306576029318873089

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if there's someone who would completely buy into the lying about having plans for them right before their contract is up

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
A bit surprising, but I guess it's entirely plausible that all the bootlicking was just a tactic to fly under the radar until his contract is up.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If Ricochet was only pretending to bootlick so he could fly under the radar and not get time added to his contract or made to look like a goon on his way out the door maybe he isn't the dumbest guy on the roster after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

If Ricochet was only pretending to bootlick so he could fly under the radar and not get time added to his contract or made to look like a goon on his way out the door maybe he isn't the dumbest guy on the roster after all

:eyepop: galaxy brain ricochet