Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Speaking of VHAQ, I've been doing Floating Fortress runs and boy I tell you nothing is more satisfying than catching a big mob of enemies caught up in infighting, jumping up and dropping a fully charged Strike Bomber into the middle of them, murdering all of them and filling my screen with glorious big numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
It just feels like I got my main/sub to 80, and now in two weeks I've got to grind out 10 more levels. Oof.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The LQ is gonna be nice for gearing hero corn army too, fornis weapons tanking fast. Was going to use CM miles for weapons but going to be way cheaper to just give them all fornis swords to punch lodos.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So is it better to use my Tokyo Silver keys, or turn them into a Gold key?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

So is it better to use my Tokyo Silver keys, or turn them into a Gold key?

Under normal circumstances, somewhere around four tokyo silvers just about comes to one gold, but if you save up ones that won't make it to a 2nd (or 22nd if you're prem) to convert the expired ones to golds, you'll come out ahead in that way, on top of being less annoying to run (especially if you're gonna, like, have basic-rear end lv50 alts for daily poo poo for the express purpose of getting keys).

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Code Jockey posted:

Speaking of VHAQ, I've been doing Floating Fortress runs and boy I tell you nothing is more satisfying than catching a big mob of enemies caught up in infighting, jumping up and dropping a fully charged Strike Bomber into the middle of them, murdering all of them and filling my screen with glorious big numbers

Do you have the gravity well PA? I recall having fun vacuuming up a bunched group of enemies and hurling a penetrating arrow through.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

MR. J posted:

Do you have the gravity well PA? I recall having fun vacuuming up a bunched group of enemies and hurling a penetrating arrow through.

No but I do need that, good call.

So I'm grinding out slots tonight, and perhaps it's all in my head, but I swear CASTs are luckier than humans. My CAST second character hits rappy PSE bursts way more than my human does. v:shobon:v Affinity with the slot machine, maybe. They get each other.

Also, saw something weird, is this normal? When the PSE burst was complete, I'm pretty sure I still had four little rappy icons in the meter on the left. Usually it clears out. Does it not clear out all the way when you hit a PSE burst?

e. lmao I just hit my second rappy PSE burst in a row, I haven't had one in a week on my human. This machine is flirting with my robot, I swear. And when it was done I had four icons in the meter again. The more you know!

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Sep 17, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Code Jockey posted:

So I'm grinding out slots tonight, and perhaps it's all in my head, but I swear CASTs are luckier than humans.

That diiiid used to be a thing in Universe, at least :v:

http://www.psupedia.info/Photon_Fortune.html

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Code Jockey posted:

Also, saw something weird, is this normal? When the PSE burst was complete, I'm pretty sure I still had four little rappy icons in the meter on the left. Usually it clears out. Does it not clear out all the way when you hit a PSE burst?
I think any gold rappy emblems you line up during the bonus carry over. Don't quote me, though.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Do we yet know when unit slotting will arrive on NA?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Rynoto posted:

Do we yet know when unit slotting will arrive on NA?

With Ep5.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1306306927421423616

200 SG ticket you can redeem by entering: 1YPHWR8BVVGXTEEV into the Visiphone Item Code section.

No linking between Idola and PSO2 accounts. I have read this is overall bad because Idola has a lot of easy rewards to get weekly for PSO2.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I got the season pass with the free gems so I'm a goth robot now

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Excellent.

And there's no reason to not pick up the season pass if you're at all active playing. It almost pays for itself just in SG passes if you finish overflows.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rynoto posted:

Excellent.

And there's no reason to not pick up the season pass if you're at all active playing. It almost pays for itself just in SG passes if you finish overflows.

I wish I had been playing a month ago because last season had some real good female CAST parts too

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I got the season pass with the free gems so I'm a goth robot now

hells yes

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I got the Sakura Kobu outfit, 4mil meseta well spent

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

when is idola coming out in the EU?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Rynoto posted:

VHAQ is still very alive and well and has the perma 100% exp boost.

Cool. I need to find some time to log in and run that stuff then.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I'm skipping my way through the story and wondering when the mining base defense UQ happens solo in that, friend told me they had trouble with it but I'm using ranger so it might be a breeze

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Zeether posted:

I'm skipping my way through the story and wondering when the mining base defense UQ happens solo in that, friend told me they had trouble with it but I'm using ranger so it might be a breeze

Late Ep2 I think?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

kirbysuperstar posted:

Late Ep2 I think?

Wasn’t that at the end of episode 3? I remember having to do it on normal because levels were locked to 80 (unless I am thinking of another defense quest).

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Nemo2342 posted:

Wasn’t that at the end of episode 3? I remember having to do it on normal because levels were locked to 80 (unless I am thinking of another defense quest).

The one Kirby is thinking of is the one that takes place on the MB2 map and aint too hard albeit tedious. The one you're thinking of, and the one I believe is the one Zeether's friend is actually talking about is the Mb4 map, but it's just a fight with apprentice.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Combat Lobster posted:

The one Kirby is thinking of is the one that takes place on the MB2 map and aint too hard albeit tedious. The one you're thinking of, and the one I believe is the one Zeether's friend is actually talking about is the Mb4 map, but it's just a fight with apprentice.

Ohhh right, that would make sense. Especially if said friend did that before Ep4.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Just started, but are there any classes I should avoid if I'm using a controller and not kb/m?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

They're all perfectly playable with both. TPS mode is a bit trickier with a controller but otherwise it's fine.

Granted, it's nice to have the keyboard in reach for the hotbar and quick swap buttons.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Fo/Te requires a whole bunch of buttons that I don't know how well would work with controller.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

De Marmoth can eat my entire loving rear end, ruined my extreme quest

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

kirbysuperstar posted:

They're all perfectly playable with both. TPS mode is a bit trickier with a controller but otherwise it's fine.

Granted, it's nice to have the keyboard in reach for the hotbar and quick swap buttons.

I tried switching to KBM and found it to be awful. It just felt like way too much swiping the pointer everywhere to click on things in the menus that I didn’t even try actual fighting with it.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

latinotwink1997 posted:

I tried switching to KBM and found it to be awful. It just felt like way too much swiping the pointer everywhere to click on things in the menus that I didn’t even try actual fighting with it.

The secret is that you don't use the mouse to menu. You get really good at tapping the arrow keys in the exact way you need to menu quickly.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Rynoto posted:

Fo/Te requires a whole bunch of buttons that I don't know how well would work with controller.

Fo/Te works fine on controller but switching between the quick keys with a dpad isn't as convenient as just hitting the numbers on a keyboard.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Fo/Te works fine on controller but switching between the quick keys with a dpad isn't as convenient as just hitting the numbers on a keyboard.

This is the reason I want to get used to KBM. Dpad to go from katana combat to pots to moons and back just gets annoying in a fast paced environment.

Saagonsa posted:

The secret is that you don't use the mouse to menu. You get really good at tapping the arrow keys in the exact way you need to menu quickly.

I’ll have to try it again soon. I just like not having to shift my hands everywhere. I grew up on kbm for CS, Diablo 2, WoW, etc, so it’s always been my preferred choice but I made the switch to controller for rocket league and dark souls and have gotten used to it.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Managed to hit 80 on Fighter meaning I've got two classes (Hunter's the other one) to Level 80 meaning I can do high level stuff like try and beat up the Profound Darkness on my own (yeah, good luck with that) or take on the beefed up Deus Esca (viable since I think he's kinda easier than PD and I wouldn't be alone).

Guess I should level one of the classes that I wanted to try, Braver until Episode 5 hits where it'll be immediately discarded for Hero and I'll dump most (if not all) of the EXP tickets that I've hoarded to it and if there's any left, I'll just save them for Episode 6.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

latinotwink1997 posted:

This is the reason I want to get used to KBM. Dpad to go from katana combat to pots to moons and back just gets annoying in a fast paced environment.

Personally I've used steam's controller configuration to make it so my palette switch trigger also switches the A button + Dpad to subpalette slots 6-10
Ideally I could still do with a few more binds, but controllers only have so many buttons, and just adding easy access to those 5 slots has made it hugely smoother for me playing on controller.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Phantasy Star Online was designed for a controller, so that's what I've been using for PSO2 and I haven't had much of a problem. Ranger plays all right from the "behind the shoulder" view and I've played a lot of console shooters. I like having all your options as the face buttons/right bumper and holding buttons works well with classes that involve charging attacks (so all the Technique classes). The only class that doesn't quite work for me is Braver, but that's only the bow since you need to charge for that and holding the X button while free aiming is no bueno. I just use auto target/lock on with that from normal behind-the-back view and if I need to aim at a certain body part, I just switch targets with the right stick.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Pyro Jack posted:

Managed to hit 80 on Fighter meaning I've got two classes (Hunter's the other one) to Level 80 meaning I can do high level stuff like try and beat up the Profound Darkness on my own (yeah, good luck with that) or take on the beefed up Deus Esca (viable since I think he's kinda easier than PD and I wouldn't be alone).

Solo PD can be pretty rough until you get the patterns down, yeah. Deus Esca 4man is significantly easier and very telegraphed with only one easily avoidable one-shot that happens after the first break. It's probably the easiest of the UQ bosses to not take any damage from once you learn the small handful of attacks.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

Rynoto posted:

Solo PD can be pretty rough until you get the patterns down, yeah. Deus Esca 4man is significantly easier and very telegraphed with only one easily avoidable one-shot that happens after the first break. It's probably the easiest of the UQ bosses to not take any damage from once you learn the small handful of attacks.
Funny enough, I ended up doing the Deus Esca Gracia fight before seeing your post and managed to do alright. Only died twice but only because of the punch attack's stun/dizzying effect which is a shame but it means I have to stay far away from him when I fight him again. But yeah, he's pretty easy compared to PD because of his obvious moves.

Didn't get any notable rewards other than 10-Star weapons for Photon/EX-Cube purposes which is a shame because I would've liked something like an Rappy Egg since I'm planning on trying out Summoner some day or a 13-star weapon.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
You can only get eggs while playing as Summoner and they're incredibly rare. Yes it's dumb.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Grimthwacker posted:

Phantasy Star Online was designed for a controller, so that's what I've been using for PSO2 and I haven't had much of a problem. Ranger plays all right from the "behind the shoulder" view and I've played a lot of console shooters. I like having all your options as the face buttons/right bumper and holding buttons works well with classes that involve charging attacks (so all the Technique classes). The only class that doesn't quite work for me is Braver, but that's only the bow since you need to charge for that and holding the X button while free aiming is no bueno. I just use auto target/lock on with that from normal behind-the-back view and if I need to aim at a certain body part, I just switch targets with the right stick.

You can actually change the controls for TPS mode so that your normal is on R1 (with PA2 going onto Square), it mercifully gives you the option to have separate control setups for regular/TPS mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Grimthwacker posted:

Phantasy Star Online was, yes. PSO2 was a PC game first.