Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Mozzarella sticks and beer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
Cottage pie.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Collards

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crusty Nutsack posted:

gonna eat some buffalo chicken dip once it's hot because FOOTBAWWWWW

My friend made nachos in the oven and chicken wings in the air fryer which worked out really well.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Leftover Chinese

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Got a reuben from Mars Cheese Castle. Came with warm German potato salad. While I was there I picked up some garlic and herb and horseradish cheese curds and caramel apple butter.

:yum:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Got a reuben from Mars Cheese Castle. Came with warm German potato salad. While I was there I picked up some garlic and herb and horseradish cheese curds and caramel apple butter.

:yum:

I have garlic herb curds in my fridge rn :hfive:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

might get some thai food

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gyro salad

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Chili straight from the rear end

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Honey turkey sandwich, a banana, an apple, and garlic and dill cheese curds.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Sep 15, 2020

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
turkey bacon muenster on a croissant w/ honey mustard. some mustard potato salad.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
another blt

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

got a subway footlong flatbread with the veggie patty and some choice toppings and sauces but no tomato on one half cause im gonna save it for lunch tomorrow and tomato makes the bread soggy :(

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
greak salad

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
hot italian sub ("The Giuliani") from a local place i hadn't tried yet. had them add black olives to it :yum:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

TheAardvark posted:

hot italian sub ("The Giuliani") from a local place i hadn't tried yet. had them add black olives to it :yum:

Pretend I knew how to photoshop and he’s about to yummy down on a big ol’ sub sandwich in this picture

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
A banana.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

the second half of my veggie sandwhich, a banana, and two rice crispy squares

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Technically it's not lunch but I just ate an Anjou pear and it was delicious.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Pepperoni pizza mac n' cheese from Trader Joe's. Good stuff.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

pork katsu sandwich

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
green smoothie from Jamba :blastu:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Leftover chicken sandwich. Pineapple habenero sauce. v good.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I have a deluxe sandwich from the store :/ BUT

I have some 'italian' style marinaded chicken breasts in the sous vide at 141f and am attempting to make cheesy jasmine rice in my rice cooker, both of which I have set to finish at approximately the same time this evening that I'm done steaming broccoli.
So for dinner I should have perfectly done chicken, cheese rice, and steamed broccoli with lemon, which I'm looking forward too.

I'm interested in how the cheesy rice comes out of the rice cooker. I wanted to see if I could get away with doing rice and broccoli in the same set up but I'm like 100% sure I'd end up with destroyed broccoli florets and no one wants that.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
dont sous vide chicken breasts!!!!!!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Cheddar broc soup and some rear end

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

At 141, for the time I'm doing them, shocked in an ice bath, and then hit in a cast iron skillet to quick sear, believe me their fine.

Should I not sous brined white meat pork, either?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
A bowl of Kellogg's Product 19

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

At 141, for the time I'm doing them, shocked in an ice bath, and then hit in a cast iron skillet to quick sear, believe me their fine.

Should I not sous brined white meat pork, either?

like tenderloin? not really tbh. it's not necessarily gonna be *bad* but will certainly be a lot more airplane foody than just cooking it in the oven.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
scrambled eggs, bacon and toast with a tomato, basil and fresh mozz salad

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

The Walrus posted:

like tenderloin? not really tbh. it's not necessarily gonna be *bad* but will certainly be a lot more airplane foody than just cooking it in the oven.

yeah, def do not sous-vide meats that often dry out!!

:thunk:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Alright.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 17, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

So.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 17, 2020

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

Cheddar broc soup and some rear end

rear end makes a wonderful soup bowl

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Leftover grilled chicken breast sliced up onto a bed of crisp romaine, onions, cukes, tomatoes. Topped with homemade Italian dressing, freshly grated parm, and a few twists of black pepper.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Crusty Nutsack posted:

yeah, def do not sous-vide meats that often dry out!!

:thunk:

they often dry out if cooked incorrectly. if cooked correctly they do not. they also never get all gummy and weird like they do in sous vide. but this is personal preference and I think I'm making beef city mad but some stuff really doesnt need to be sous vided imo. chicken breasts, tenderloin, burgers, etc etc. just cause you can doesnt mean you should. but so long as you enjoy!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
A different banana.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Oh, and to all the Euros out there who think that America has lovely food and is a wasteland.

I got this from my local gas station in the middle of no-where in Wisconsin and added exactly this: "The tomato slice, balsamic".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

The Walrus posted:

they often dry out if cooked incorrectly. if cooked correctly they do not. they also never get all gummy and weird like they do in sous vide. but this is personal preference and I think I'm making beef city mad but some stuff really doesnt need to be sous vided imo. chicken breasts, tenderloin, burgers, etc etc. just cause you can doesnt mean you should. but so long as you enjoy!

hey, I totally agree with you. I prefer cooking most of my meats in ways other than s-v because I know what I'm doing. but, lots of people don't know what they're doing so much, so s-v gives them better results. if people are going to s-v anything, I think it's best for the stuff that does dry out like crazy like chicken breast and pork loin

anyway this is a derail

I don't know what's for lunch today, kinda hungry but also really lazy, so probably just cereal or some cheese curds