Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Stux posted:

no one bought an xbox onme for any game, or any reason.
i bought a one x to play cuphead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the One X could probably run Cuphead at 8K 120 if it had the output

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Fly Ricky posted:

Cross-post from the Tony Hawk thread, but my d-pad is just hosed and not registering inputs. The problem appears to be there is a delay in inputs; press up, wait half a second, press down. This makes reverts into manuals almost impossible.

Is there a better d-pad controller available? Is mine just lovely for some reason? I’ll buy a new controller for this game, just don’t know what path to go down, official or third party. I’m not keen on buying that $200 Elite controller or whatever it is though for one game.

Assuming you are talking about this for Xbox: The Elite series is an amazing controller if you are willing to pay the around 200 for them (I think $180 is list, you can sometimes find them cheaper through Gamestop/Bestbuy but not often). All the other controllers use the standard raised DPad.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Quantum of Phallus posted:

they all suck poo poo and are insanely boring except BOTW which is legit GOAT

I bounced off botw as well, it's just another ubisoft-style open world game from five years ago but with a non existent plot.

Currently playing Ghost of Tsushima and getting the same vibe. People love Ubisoft mechanics as long as not actually made by Ubisoft.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I bounced off botw as well, it's just another ubisoft-style open world game from five years ago but with a non existent plot.

Disagree big time, I detest open-world games with a passion, like Ubisoft games are literal hell to me. BOTW is so much better.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

botw is 100% nintendo doing ubisoft

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

except good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Botw is lightyears beyond ubi and i still am lukewarm on it.

Good open world game: you can beat it by just playing the main missions when side poo poo is boring. Examples: hzd, spiderman, botw, ghosts

Bad open world game: forced leveling or meter filling requiring you to play nth version of boring side content. Examples: ubi games, mafia 3, days gone

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Days Gone is legit one of the worst games I've ever played, I'm baffled by the buzz it gets in the PS4 thread

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
BOTW was cool and the engine and underlying systems are great but the world and the setting was boring as gently caress and empty. I'm cautiously optimistic that this can be remedied by BOTW2 but we'll see.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The best open world game is MGSV

dont @ me, will not read replies.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

yeah it owns. the subsistence missions are like gaming perfection

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Days Gone is legit one of the worst games I've ever played, I'm baffled by the buzz it gets in the PS4 thread

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

We agree on that one. I got to the point where it forces you to get rid of like 4 nests after going to the farm and went "nah" and never turned it on again.

Actively avoided combat at every moment I could before that.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
More games need to embrace making 3-4 large good areas instead of one gargantuan lovely one.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

yeah it owns. the subsistence missions are like gaming perfection
I'll never forgive Konami for taking what that game could have been from us.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I quit early after a forced stealth mission and running out of gas a 15 minute hike from gas.
But the thing that really turned me off was a scene where a chopper appears over your head by surprise and starts trying to attract zombies but they just made a light come from nowhere and if you look up theres nothing there lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah boi.

Simply amazing to be on team #gameplay1st

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
This thread simps for Crackdown 3 so lets keep it in perspective here folks

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Stux posted:

botw is 100% nintendo doing ubisoft

what does that make fenyx rising (or however it's spelled)?

It had some interesting ideas, but for me not enough to overcome how bad and dull it became. At multiple points I literally had to do all the side content available to progress the story.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

All access seems like a lovely deal, even in Aus where upfront cost is $750. But I guess if people do phone plans they'll do this

Edit: forgot it includes gpu which is like $16 here I think, that's alright then I guess

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 17, 2020

acksplode
May 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

Another year in the oven and it would've been perfect. It'll never stop hurting

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I went straight from TLOU2 to Days Gone (as in started playing it about half an hour after TLOU2's credits rolled) and the difference in quality was genuinely mind-blowing. Days Gone just seemed like total amateur hour.

Rinkles posted:

Poop from a butt I'd say

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
*the "You made this? ... I made this" meme but its Kojima holding a copy of Mercenaries 2: World in flames*

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I went straight from TLOU2 to Days Gone (as in started playing it about half an hour after TLOU2's credits rolled) and the difference in quality was genuinely mind-blowing. Days Gone just seemed like total amateur hour.

I bought these at the same time but intentionally played days gone first for that reason.

Also played Spider dash man first thinking I wouldn't like it and ended up buying the DLC.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
So in Australia the PS5 and Series X will be the exact same price.

The trade in deals however are different.

RRP is $749 for Series X and PS5 Disc Edition
$499 is for the Series S
$599 is for the PS5 Digital Edition.

Trade in an Xbox One X and get a Series X for $399
Trade in a Xbox One S and get a Series S for $299

But PS5 trade in deals are not as generous.

Trade in a PS4 Pro and get the PS5 for $449
Trade in a PS4 Slim and get the PS5 DE for $349

Dunno why they basically matched the price but aren't matching the trade in deals. Also Sony First Party games are gonna be $125 here which converts to about $90 USD.

I hope it's not all gonna be this expensive this gen, I mean how long until we get 70 dollar DLC standards. Bleh.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

botw but good is death stranding

Anidav posted:

I hope it's not all gonna be this expensive this gen

theyre def going to try it, multiple publishers are already going ahead with $70. most notable one that isnt is ubisoft but theyve only said they wont this holiday and will then "think about it" lol it sucks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

American McGay posted:

The phantom pain is felt by another gamer kojima is smiling rn

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Rinkles posted:

Ubisoft doing Nintendo doing Ubisoft

it's amazing how blatant it is, they even copied all the sheikah slate powers

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Best open world is Just Cause 2 put it on the Switch already

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

TheScott2K posted:

Best open world is Just Cause 2 put it on the Switch already

I don't know why I liked that game so much, and the sequels so little

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I wish Nintendo would port Kid Icarus Uprising to Switch so people can play it with proper controls.

The multiplayer was fun too, make a BR mode out of that with a bunch of Angels.

It's free money Nintendo.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MGSV was by far the worst canon MGS game.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

stev posted:

this is why you post in the xbox thread

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

stev posted:

The only canon is the one you should be fired out of

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Rinkles posted:

I don't know why I liked that game so much, and the sequels so little

Just very satisfying to make stuff explode, the parachute makes short- and medium-distance traversal easy but you still have to actively control it, and you can do lots of things but aren't overloaded with mechanics and abilities. It threads a whole bunch of needles really well and the sequels both just don't. They gently caress it up.

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 18, 2020

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Gutcruncher posted:

The only canon is the one you should be fired out of

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Now that i think about it i think the surprise ps4 crossgen on smmm,sbba, and hfw was a hedge against a cheap xbox model as much as it was an attempt to make way more cash of the insanely big ps4 base while ps5 is loss leading and supply constrained.

Leaks about a low cost xbox came out so long ago like 2018.
So how do you compete against a low price point? You make people comfy knowing they still have 2, maybe 3 if they got kids, games coming after that console gets announced so that people who were attracted by the price or were unable to get/afford a ps5 dont go out and buy new hardware in the short term.

Real rat bastard trick by sony. Cant condone it but its not like im not buying those games and ps5 demand cant be met any time soon so it wont hurt sales there either.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Anidav posted:

So in Australia the PS5 and Series X will be the exact same price.

The trade in deals however are different.

Trade in an Xbox One X and get a Series X for $399
Trade in a Xbox One S and get a Series S for $299

Also Sony First Party games are gonna be $125 here which converts to about $90 USD.

Yep definitely trading in my One X for Series X. With my 2 year GP sub i'm sorted for the cost of ~3 PS5 games lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the third parties are moving to $70 on both platforms, we already knew this ages ago with the $60/$70 xbone/xsx cod versions