Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Amethyst posted:

good post title glorgnole

hey there amethyst!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

he also makes jambalaya

jambalaya's very good so it's a solid choice for a mid-life crisis culinary arc

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

infernal machines posted:

an end of life crisis, apparently

alternatively, bad writing

I'd say it's still a mid-life crisis. the TNG premiere shows Bones being still pretty drat spry at like 130 years old or something and picard's maybe 80-ish by that time?

"mid-life crisis" tends to set in in the one's late 40s/early 50s and average life expectancy in the US is something like 80

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfQ0og_x9OI

Kirk looks a little cutscene-y in some of these scenes but I wouldn't have spotted any fakery on almost all the Spock shots.

lol at the recolor on Ricardo Montalban's Khan face tho

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Kazinsal posted:

I'd say it's still a mid-life crisis. the TNG premiere shows Bones being still pretty drat spry at like 130 years old or something and picard's maybe 80-ish by that time?

"mid-life crisis" tends to set in in the one's late 40s/early 50s and average life expectancy in the US is something like 80

okay, but he dies at the end of the first season

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i'd argue that willingly leaving the safety and comfort of a post-scarcity utopian society in favor of exploring deep space and dying horribly of some bullshit like getting eaten by your klingon shipmate when a space virus de-evolves him into a monster is a confounding bias for midlife crisis events

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfQ0og_x9OI

Kirk looks a little cutscene-y in some of these scenes but I wouldn't have spotted any fakery on almost all the Spock shots.

lol at the recolor on Ricardo Montalban's Khan face tho

anyone have that gif of picard's face on troi's body? asking for a friend.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I listened to the first four Hitchhiker's Guide books. They aren't as good as I remembered them, seriously wondering whether to even try the fifth.

I also misread "Martin Freeman" as "Morgan Freeman" and was sorely disappointed.

:shrug:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

akadajet posted:

no but i do have this

https://twitter.com/dreambote/status/1204493606528131072?s=21

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Are there any good, pulpy sci fi books which aren't like super racist or something. noir will do as well

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

pointsofdata posted:

Are there any good, pulpy sci fi books which aren't like super racist or something. noir will do as well

I liked A Big Ship at the Edge of the Universe, which is a mystery and one of the main characters is a has a lovely office in a rundown city!

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Schadenboner posted:

I listened to the first four Hitchhiker's Guide books. They aren't as good as I remembered them, seriously wondering whether to even try the fifth.

Hitchhiker's Guide does not hold up at all. It's pure monkeycheese from start to finish.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
last night's feature film: The Old Guard (2020)

i guess im on a charlize kick

I enjoyed it a great deal and it was fun without feeling superhero-ey, and is obviously set up for some sequels, which i will also watch.

one of the queerer comic-based films that ive seen too. it's good

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

while im think about riker and troi

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

last night's feature film: The Old Guard (2020)

i guess im on a charlize kick

I enjoyed it a great deal and it was fun without feeling superhero-ey, and is obviously set up for some sequels, which i will also watch.

one of the queerer comic-based films that ive seen too. it's good
Yeah glad you enjoyed it. It gave me fun mid 90s/early 2000s action-movie vibes with kinda schlocky fun-not-up-it's-own-rear end with simple big evil capitalist trying science for profit kinda of plot.

Also the gay characters owned

I'm trying to think of some other Charlize things but those are the two recent ones that come to mind. Well I guess Mad Max Fury Road if you haven't seen it you shoudl rectify that. I guess Snow White and the Huntsman was OK, not great

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 16, 2020

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
is the new Bill and Ted worth seeking out

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah ive got like 3 versions of fury road including black+chrome. its gorgeous

indigi posted:

i heard it's funny and not a disappointment, which is about as good as we get these days

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

indigi posted:

i liked it a lot but iwas pretty high

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
If you liked the old Bill and Teds then you will like the new one

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
https://twitter.com/immolations/status/1306237058231537664

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

pointsofdata posted:

Company Town by Ashby fits this description I think and I liked it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Corla Plankun posted:

Company Town by Ashby fits this description I think and I liked it

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

I liked A Big Ship at the Edge of the Universe, which is a mystery and one of the main characters is a has a lovely office in a rundown city!

Thanks will try these, they look good

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

pointsofdata posted:

I liked Into Thin Air which is martian noir.

Much better than the Altered Carbon books (with which it is noncontiguous) and Thirteen (with which it shares a continuity but not any direct plot).

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

amazing

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

quote:

Cat People (1982)

They are something more than lovers who are about to become something less than human.

After years of separation, Irina and her minister brother, Paul, reunite in New Orleans in this erotic tale of the supernatural. When zoologists capture a wild panther, Irina is drawn to the cat -- and the zoo curator is drawn to her. Soon, Irina's brother will have to reveal the family secret: that when sexually aroused, they turn into predatory jungle cats.

Scald posted:

Long ago, when I would be making out with a lady, I would get a boner, and for whatever reason, I thought she might be upset about that (I don't know why). So when we were finished with kissing, I would have to leave the room "clever" so she woudln't see it.

What I would do was crawl away on all fours pretending to be a cat. I would even go as far as saying "meow" as I crawled around the corner to fix myself before I went upstairs.....

Another friend of mine apparently use to pretend he was a monkey while jumped around until he was clear out of the room.

Anyone else?

lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

true blood werepanther season sounding accurate

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

boy howdy i hope you like malcolm mcdowell, furries, and incest

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

infernal machines posted:

boy howdy i hope you like malcolm mcdowell, furries, and incest

oh man not Malcolm McDowell!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
one of the movies most entirely eclipsed by its theme song, justifiably

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i’m geordi as riker hype man

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/_abhorrence/status/1306651786661564417?s=21
nice

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:nice:

E: Boo that yospos.css doesn't fix that. Goddamnit, Radium...

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i was this close to getting elivra to do the yosmas instructions with a blown kiss for rotor at the end over cameo but $300 is just a bit too much to drop for just a joke.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
so if i want to try out that ridley scott raised by wolves show if have to get hbo max? a regular hbo subscription won't cut it, really? it doesn't even appear when i search on prime video.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
hosed up if true

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

so if i want to try out that ridley scott raised by wolves show if have to get hbo max? a regular hbo subscription won't cut it, really? it doesn't even appear when i search on prime video.

just pirate it oh my gosh

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i was this close to getting elivra to do the yosmas instructions with a blown kiss for rotor at the end over cameo but $300 is just a bit too much to drop for just a joke.

aw that's sweet of u to think of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i think if you sign in w/ ur tv provider u get it if you have an hbo subscription? idk? I got it as part of my att cellphone plan lol. probably wouldnt get it otherwise