Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox gets a win from it cause they get to toss up the gp monthly fee as their msrp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

hanyolo posted:

Yep definitely trading in my One X for Series X. With my 2 year GP sub i'm sorted for the cost of ~3 PS5 games lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im seeing a lot of ps and xbox guys going to war over why was halo dragged for crossgen but its nbd that hfw and spiderman are too.

I think both sides are crazy.

Its deffo a big deal to me that sony lied about it and people had already preordered new consoles in a frenzy before finding out. Terrible look on a day of terrible looks for them but hey dats bizness i guess gently caress my opinions

But those games will still be good games that look good. Whereas halo was banished to the shame zone immediately upon viewing, the 2 ps games looked good enough for lying rear end in a top hat sony to fool everyone

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
cross gen is more okay if the old gen is the cut down one and the new gen is the fancy one

halo wasn't that

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Halo is gonna get dragged no matter what it does because that series hasn't hit the fairway since the 360. Spiderman is gonna be cut breaks because Spiderman was good. People's stated reasons for why they're reacting in a given way to news about either are just downstream effects of that. If you buy a PS5, you'll get a game you know is good, but better. If you buy a Series X, you'll get the best version of a game that, best case, might be decent for the first time in a decade.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I will eat my hat if Infinite turns out decent. 343 are literally incompetent

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah we dont know what state the ps4 versions are in if they are badly cutback like shadow of mordor ps3 or just lower res/ no rtx but its certain that halo was going to just be a potato on the whole family of consoles while xsx owners sat around waiting for graphics patches

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

It is rather annoying that I cant trade my one X against a PS5 at EBgames.

I was initially going to get a PS5 and keep my one X until the Series X got Halo/Forza since those are what got me to buy a OG Xbone.

Most of my friends that I play COD are on PS or PC. I dont want a gaming PC though.

but getting a new console for $399 is pretty good, Cross Play is coming to more and more titles (and likely will be in the next Battlefield, and is in both COD:MW and Cold War) and none of the PS exclusives are my thing.

Series X now on trade in of my one X, then buy a PS5 discless down the track if theres some killer app.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

TheAnomaly posted:

Assuming you are talking about this for Xbox: The Elite series is an amazing controller if you are willing to pay the around 200 for them (I think $180 is list, you can sometimes find them cheaper through Gamestop/Bestbuy but not often). All the other controllers use the standard raised DPad.

That’s the one I was thinking of; I’ll consider it then given that it’s forwards compatible. Definitely won’t waste my time on others. Thanks!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You seriously can only trade a console in for the same brand? That sucks.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Anidav posted:

Dunno why they basically matched the price but aren't matching the trade in deals. Also Sony First Party games are gonna be $125 here which converts to about $90 USD.

I hope it's not all gonna be this expensive this gen, I mean how long until we get 70 dollar DLC standards. Bleh.

The trade-in deals for Xbox are better because Microsoft has stopped producing the One X and the SADbox, and cut back on one S, so they are harder to find in the wild used and almost impossible to find new. This has caused their resale value to skyrocket - you can probably get more money out of selling your One X/S if that's you have than you can get off of the trade in deal right now.

Sony is continuing to produce PS4's, so new ones aren't any harder to get than a switch is right now (still difficult, but not impossible) so their resale value hasn't gone up as much.

As for pricing, neither of the two console companies are going to $70, I think it's literally just Activision at this point and no one else.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheAnomaly posted:

As for pricing, neither of the two console companies are going to $70, I think it's literally just Activision at this point and no one else.

Uh what

Most of the PS5 games announced yesterday are 70

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah sony had like 3-4 jerkass moves yesterday that its hard to remember them all

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I will eat my hat if Infinite turns out decent. 343 are literally incompetent

Im in a similar boat. I cannot fathom a game they make being over 80 metacritic

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

TheAnomaly posted:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
game prices is not really a reason to get a bone, you can always rent games too from services like gamefly if you get the disc ps5!

mem
Sep 1, 2005

Barudak posted:

Im in a similar boat. I cannot fathom a game they make being over 80 metacritic

Everything they have released on xbox has been over 80 except Spartan Assault, and Halo Wars 2 missed by 1 point.

I'm not a big Halo guy myself, but the animosity for 343 might be a tad overblown.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

mem posted:

Everything they have released on xbox has been over 80 except Spartan Assault, and Halo Wars 2 missed by 1 point.

I'm not a big Halo guy myself, but the animosity for 343 might be a tad overblown.

I don’t know about animosity but they are genuinely a very poor developer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah xbox games are regularly getting like 83s on mc from what ive seen

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
the first halo was cool and fun, but I was also a really young teen, none of the ones after got my interest

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TheAnomaly posted:

its everyone but ubisoft and ubisoft have said that its just for this holiday season and then theyll "review" it

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Other than really egregious parts like The Library, the Bungie Haleaux actually do hold up fairly well.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stux posted:

its everyone but ubisoft and ubisoft have said that its just for this holiday season and then theyll "review" it

i think EA is also holding off till after holidays to raise price

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

halo 5 was a shitter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Collusion on prices?!?

TheScott2K posted:

Other than really egregious parts like The Library, the Bungie Haleaux actually do hold up fairly well.

Backtracking through flood levels are the worst thing ever tho.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the difference in the cross gen thing is sony showed off games that look next gen and got people wanting a ps5 and then said oh ps4 as well, and microsoft showed off a halo game starring an ogre from a ps2 game after saying it has to run on the base xbone

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont think any of the games looked as good as ff7r tbh i just have Faith in the Playstation Brand and in the meantime its worth it to play my ps4 library with fast loading

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ff7r has some great gfx but its got some real bad looking poo poo in it in places too

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i trust no brand and im never buying a console until theres a library, a price drop and a hardware revision so im going to rub my hands like a little rat while amd announces thheir new cpus

Barudak
May 7, 2007

343 doesnt just make mediocre games, the make mediocre games that don't seem to have any vision for what they should be.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
They really seem to have an identity crisis.

Was there any follow up on the XSS yields? I remember seeing people talking about a die that was a lot less than XSX, indicating that it might be a similar case to what we’re seeing with PS5 right now, which seems to be a lot fewer Digital Editions.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Im seeing a lot of ps and xbox guys going to war over why was halo dragged for crossgen but its nbd that hfw and spiderman are too.

I think both sides are crazy.

Its deffo a big deal to me that sony lied about it and people had already preordered new consoles in a frenzy before finding out. Terrible look on a day of terrible looks for them but hey dats bizness i guess gently caress my opinions

But those games will still be good games that look good. Whereas halo was banished to the shame zone immediately upon viewing, the 2 ps games looked good enough for lying rear end in a top hat sony to fool everyone

While I agree it's a dumb move all around, there's a pretty stark difference between PS4 being the baseline and Xbox One being the baseline.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MCC would have been just as poorly handled by bungie or any other competent developer imo. it is simply too broad in scope to have ever worked out well.

Bungie probably would have had it working within a few months of release, whereas it took 343 like 4 years.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Kind of impressive that Microsoft has now three times failed to line up a Halo game within even six months a new console launch.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

As a filthy casual who snagged a one x back in March to play with my friends during quarantine, I don't really keep up with the xCloud/console streaming news, and it's kind of hard to find specific information about console streaming since xCloud seems to be the big push.

Does console streaming transfer data via your home network, without needed to stream up to the cloud and back? I have trash tier xfinity internet with a download per month cap here in the burbs, and I really don't give a poo poo about xCloud because the latency sounds terrible, but I bet some games might be fun to stream off my xbox to my phone while I lay in bed.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Smugworth posted:

As a filthy casual who snagged a one x back in March to play with my friends during quarantine, I don't really keep up with the xCloud/console streaming news, and it's kind of hard to find specific information about console streaming since xCloud seems to be the big push.

Does console streaming transfer data via your home network, without needed to stream up to the cloud and back? I have trash tier xfinity internet with a download per month cap here in the burbs, and I really don't give a poo poo about xCloud because the latency sounds terrible, but I bet some games might be fun to stream off my xbox to my phone while I lay in bed.

There is a xcloud option on the app to stream from your console.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I remember doing that from a PS3 to a PSP, was pretty cool.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the modern versions are a lot better than the busted ps3/psp thing

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Barudak posted:

343 doesnt just make mediocre games, the make mediocre games that don't seem to have any vision for what they should be.

Seems a lot like what happens with EA's acquisitions. They keep the franchise warm for a time, but all of the passion and original ambitions are long gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

They should have made XBox Series S stackable like Sega Genesis and 32X