Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

GloriousDemon posted:

Campion isn't the chosen boy, he's going to be the religions false prophet Satan allegory. Paul is the orphaned child messiah. Campion probably put those kids up to playing with the "snowballs".

Campion, Paul and the IQ of 205 kid all need to step on landmines followed by nobody turning their heads or ever mentioning them again. Make it a plot point about how the universe is uncaring or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

Shaocaholica posted:

It's called Raised By Wolves for a reason. Quite blunt really.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romulus_and_Remus

Yeah, so sure the writing team will stick to one clean mythical allegory :agesilaus:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

is this show good or naw

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
So far yes, but they could really gently caress it up or make it incredible from where it's at right now.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

TraderStav posted:

So far yes, but they could really gently caress it up or make it incredible from where it's at right now.

rip

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

watch the pilot at least

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The greatest show to ever feature an android that murders people via T Pose.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
So err how do those actors get into those cat suits?!?!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Shaocaholica posted:

Probably talcum powder and ingenuity.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Gonz posted:

The greatest show to ever feature an android that murders people via T Pose.

I just binged it and lmao Chris roberts would be proud

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
EP6 kinda sucks but father is a boss

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Watched the newest episodes and things just got real interesting. I have no idea what could even begin to happen next.

Only 3 episodes left this season.

Edit: Ragnar is such a smug bastard. On Vikings and now on this. I mean, goddamn.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Sep 17, 2020

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Yeah, that mischievous thing he does with his eyes is amazing, though it seems that’s pretty much all he does, acting-wise

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Oh, new eps drop Weds night / Thurs morning? Guess I have something to watch
edit: 2 episodes at once??? what

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ep6: lol Campion you ain't poo poo. Paul solved your dumb puzzle super fast. Campion is the worst.

That was a wild sex scene.

Shaocaholica posted:

EP6 kinda sucks but father is a boss

You can always count on Father to bring the dad jokes.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Shaocaholica posted:

You already know the answer in your heart.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Ep7: I like that Marcus confirms Mother just left some kids to die in the Ark

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shaocaholica posted:

It’s a weird concept when you think about the fact that they both essentially spend the entire series naked

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ep7: I wonder what's whispering to Campion. I assume it's the same things that are also doing it to Marcus even though their voices are different.

Mother may be tied up, but she is still inflicting massive damage with her vocal abilities :v:

Big twist, if true, at the end of ep 7. I don't expect all of this to be wrapped up in the final episode next week so I hope it gets renewed.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It’s a weird concept when you think about the fact that they both essentially spend the entire series naked

Logistically it’s got to suck on set when they have to pee. How do you fart in a catsuit?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Shaocaholica posted:

Logistically it’s got to suck on set when they have to pee. How do you fart in a catsuit?

Gas just drifts upwards, slowly releasing straight into your nose

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If all you need is to bash the necro with an axe., what was the point of all the elaborate ambush plans

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

steinrokkan posted:

If all you need is to bash the necro with an axe., what was the point of all the elaborate ambush plans

She still had her necromancer eyes in at the time so I assume that included her damage shield(like being able to shrug off bullets) or whatever.

Also did the rapist helmet guy die? I don't think we saw him again after that scene.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
It's really dumb all of the defensive systems on the necro are tied to the eyes. What is this a 80s video game where all you have to do is destroy the exposed core?

Any of the terminators would have done a better job as a parent and guardian.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Mokotow posted:

Yeah, that mischievous thing he does with his eyes is amazing, though it seems that’s pretty much all he does, acting-wise

when he raises his voice for discipline or alarm it has an awesome manufactured quality to it.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So is the rapist the 205 IQ kid’s dad? The girl (Tempest?) said that her rapist was high up there in command and in one of the earlier episodes the 205 IQ kid said something like “don’t you know who my father is” and she responded affirmatively with disgust. Also she seems to really not like that guy for reasons unspecified.

Also am I understanding correctly that these people all aged 13 years in a simulation, learning and otherwise living life, developing and growing? So they really are 25 year olds stuck in a 12 year old body? That’s really weird and uncomfortable to think about.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
So atheist mom says "Jesus Christ' in EP7 at the end when dad comes back with the injury.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Mokotow posted:

One of my friends described Fimmel's acting "like watching a cat pilot a human being" and I can't but feel like she was right. Dude is downright fascinating to watch.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Shaocaholica posted:

So atheist mom says "Jesus Christ' in EP7 at the end when dad comes back with the injury.

I think she also says “Oh God” at some point, too.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The voices were definitely channeling this thread when they told Campion to kill himself

This show is really getting off the rails now and I have no idea where it's going or what is even going. You better not loving cancel this gem, Tim Hbo :argh:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

GABA ghoul posted:

This show is really getting off the rails now and I have no idea where it's going or what is even going. You better not loving cancel this gem, Tim Hbo :argh:

Good news: It was renewed today.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

After viewing the latest two released episodes, I’m concerned we’re drifting into Lost territory. The mysteries are multiplying and there’s not a single answer forthcoming.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mokotow posted:

After viewing the latest two released episodes, I’m concerned we’re drifting into Lost territory. The mysteries are multiplying and there’s not a single answer forthcoming.

I didn't even think about it, but yea I am getting :lost: vibes now. I bet there won't be many answers in the finale next week but a ton more questions.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I didn't even think about it, but yea I am getting :lost: vibes now. I bet there won't be many answers in the finale next week but a ton more questions.

Right now it is very clear that the voices and 'hallucinations' are echos of human life energy which has been captured by the electromagnet fields on this planet, sustained by the multiple moons, and boosted by the thermosciencewords of the shafts into the Space Morlock Kingdom. These electro thermo magnetic fields have shaken up Mother's circuits so she is developing actual human emotions or maybe just absorbing echos of the humans and integrating things into her own blah blah. The girl who fell down the shaft as a kid (Tally), was actually made sensitive to these energies when the radioactive space potato poisoning triggered some latent gene and she has become one of the Space Morlock's but has a hunch that there's more to it. It turns out that the Morlocks which have been hunted for their flesh are like worker ants, who collect nutrients for the sake of their hive rulers which are Super Enlightened Space Eloi that have the exact same prophecy as the Mithraic cult. Tempest gets killed, but the baby is far enough along to be saved, and he turns out to be the prophecized Messiah figure but we don't find that out until S6E7. Anyways, after a 13-year time jump, Tempest's son ends up marrying Tally, who has climbed the ranks within the Space Eloi Order and her growing psionic skills help the colony fight off a landing party of fascists arriving from Earth super late.

Welsper
Jan 14, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That was a wild sex scene.

Very similar to the hallucination Ragnar had, all Blood and Starfields

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

Also am I understanding correctly that these people all aged 13 years in a simulation, learning and otherwise living life, developing and growing? So they really are 25 year olds stuck in a 12 year old body? That’s really weird and uncomfortable to think about.

Yeah that's what I gathered too, which makes it seem weird that they all act their age. The little girl still acts like shes 5 but I guess she's like 19?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
At this point in the pandemic I would totally go for weird spinning android sex

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah that's what I gathered too, which makes it seem weird that they all act their age. The little girl still acts like shes 5 but I guess she's like 19?
The children experienced time in stasis, but their brains didn't develop physiologically during that time.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
So they make necros with vaginas from the factory or is that an option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Shaocaholica posted:

So they make necros with vaginas from the factory or is that an option?
Mother fantasized about having a vagina, and the ghost in the machine obliged.