Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
One of my limited games this guy took forever to play and he won the first game by stealing my 7/5 artifact golem thing and spamming Oops. I beat him overwhelmingly on game 3 with the power of Party with 1:30 left on his match clock.

People are turds there's no conceivable reason to run down the clock like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Got to 7 wins with a Landfall deck, do not underestimate how easily Scute Swarm can get people to scoop.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

planedriver posted:

go to your MTGArena folder

go in MTGA_Data

rename the "Downloads" folder to literally anything else (for example, "Downloads_2")

start the game, this should make it start download data

force close the game with alt+f4

delete the newly created "Downloads" folder

rename the other folder ("Downloads_2" for this example) back to "Downloads"

start the game, bug should be fixed

PS: for mac go to "/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/com.wizards.mtga/"

For the record this didn't work for me at all. Are the servers still making GBS threads themselves for anyone else?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Chamale posted:

For the record this didn't work for me at all. Are the servers still making GBS threads themselves for anyone else?

Still black screens as far as the eye can see for me.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Y'all probably knew this already but PlayZendikar = 3 free packs.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

IMJack posted:

Y'all probably knew this already but PlayZendikar = 3 free packs.

Yeah I didn't even know these was a new set today but the second I saw "renewal rewards" I instinctively hopped to store and typed in a case-sensitive PlayZendikar and got it on my first try, yay me.

I'm still blackscreened out of the drat game though!

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

I like how the new lands gently caress up in the opening hand if you have the gingerbread sleeve

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Playing a lot of enchantment decks in bo1 poo poo tier, but don't see a lot of enchantment hate.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Attended Healer + Relic Vial is jokes. (I could have put 3 vials in my deck, settled on two). Even better with Cleric of Life's Blood and Skyclave Shadowcat. Went 7-1, didn't play any rares I drafted other than a dual land, drafted a bunch of kill spells and Gul Druz Mucklord/Hagra Constrictors to go with the clerics and combo pieces. Much more successful than my U/G traditional draft (which felt stronger but drew poorly and also didn't have bombs, just kicker synergy), or either of my sealed decks (3-3 and 4-3, both with W/R aggro).

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
i'm still playing burn in historic like some kinda weirdo. it definitely is not good or popular as i don't think i've ever run into anyone else playing it.

it's starting to show its age/badness though, i used to have something like a 65% winrate with it and i've plummeted to below 50% now.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Uh no sir they're saying BoooooUro

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
they rotated brawl but not play...?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Relin posted:

they rotated brawl but not play...?

You can play Historic decks in the regular Play queue. You're getting matched up with other Historic decks.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
why

that sucks rear end

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Getting to still play your now-Historic decks sucks rear end :confused:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I was able to get it to run properly (no black screen) by running as administrator, which prompted it to download something again and then bring me my egg full of amonkhet lands and other stuff.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

hambeef posted:

I like how the new lands gently caress up in the opening hand if you have the gingerbread sleeve

looks great to me

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Pirate Radar posted:

I was able to get it to run properly (no black screen) by running as administrator, which prompted it to download something again and then bring me my egg full of amonkhet lands and other stuff.

I keep trying every One Weird Trick and it doesn't work. I'll try again tomorrow.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Jabor posted:

no non ranked standard sucks rear end

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I just realized Scute Swarm and Path of Discovery are both legal in Historic and I feel like I owe my opponent a preemptive apology. There's a lot of cards that let you put multiple lands on the battlefield each turn.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Jabor posted:

I mean there's "my deck is historic because I built it for that format" and "my deck is historic because it's from an old format." Play mode doesn't think twice about matching a precon with rotated cards vs. real historic decks. I don't know if anything qualifies as the baby-deck shelter anymore.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Relin posted:

no non ranked standard sucks rear end

There is non ranked standard, just queue with a standard deck. The play queue matches you against standard if you queue with a standard deck, and historic if you queue with a historic deck. Edit your deck to be standard legal then queue.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Ah, as tradition dictates, my sealed pile is a... pile. Some great rares in colors with barely the playables to support them, and like two total pieces of removal.

All is as it should be.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I tried the monoblack devotion list from that 50 yoman5 decks twitter thread. It has a variety of tricks and dreams, very few of which will realistically get off the ground. Lurrus can sometimes play Archfiend's Vessel from the grave for a demon and you can sometimes get it from Agadeem. But you're never going to live the dream of an Agadeem for 5 that brings back several guys and a Gary for a huge bomb. Nightmare Shepherd can make token copies of Gary if you sac them to Woe Strider, but realistically if you put this together you probably won by just swinging already. Malakir Rebirth on Gary, and then Sac to Woe Strider is the same.

It's a fine stepping stone deck that can survive a decent amount of the "my dudes just get bigger" midrangey stuff I've run into and stall the game out long enough for Gary to win it, and I've taken a board stall from 18 life to victory in 2 turns, but it just dreams a lot bigger than what people will let you get away with.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Ooof I'd forgotten how friggin slow player draft picks can be sometimes.

Looks like my first one is Golgari Counters.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Got Moraug in my first draft, I'd recommend playing a practice game with him against Sparky just to get a better understanding of how the card works before taking it into a game. I totally screwed it up and punted twice.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
My sealed pool had all of its rares in black green and I wanted to try counters but I didn’t really have some of the good enablers so I went with black white clerics. The cleric relic is p good. Put it together with the blood artist cleric and/or the cat token cleric and it’s another cat combo one you get your token on the board. Still though, cleric party deck was just so so. I didn’t open much removal. 3-3

Trying a draft now and despite my initial skepticism I put together a pretty sweet WG landfall deck. 5 of the mdfc cards, two tazeem raptors, a kazandu stomper, double fledgings, double felidars, a cat combo, 2 zendikons. First game went well. I think everyone is piling into blue right now.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

i think i worked out why i can't see ZNR cards in my decks - it's bcause ZNR isn't included in the standard 2021 sets, and I have to turn them back to regular standard.

So if you've been playing on the standard 2021 queue, that's why you can't see ZNR cards in those decks.

E: 4/3 on my first one. Pleased with that considering I got pretty poor rares.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Sep 18, 2020

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
After that first win I then lost two games in a row, which tempered my enthusiasm but I was able to win it out and go 7-2. Zendicon is great for bouncing spell lands because it usually requires attention. When I was looking over the set initially I was down on kor celebrant but if you nab an attended healer suddenly they’re good. My two losses were to a rogues mill deck, p standard no flashy rares but it held up enough of a wall and milled me out. Other loss was to a warrior deck. I had sky maul on a felidar prowler and lethal next turn but they managed to punch through just enough damage with that warrior that shuts down a blocker.

So far really enjoying the set. Playing with 12 basics feels like I’m getting away with shenanigans but the landfall even makes the tap lands less awful. Sometimes to landfall trigger a something slightly behind curved and that mana gets stranded anyway so using a spell land for the trigger which I’ll definitely be able to bounce somehow is really effective.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
My first draft had blue be really open. People don't seem to remember or know how good Into the Roil is. Sadly rest of my deck didn't quite seem to do well in this format, and I only went 3-3. Whenever I got the lithoform engine going, I crushed games.

But otherwise it seems like just going tempo got me regularly outmatched by big rear end creatures. Green, red and black can all get some serious beef out, it feels.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
3 games into my first draft and I already have this spicy loving game.

He literally had T4 Tazri into T5 Angel, the latter of which stayed on the board for the rest of the game haha (just topdecked Vanquish the Weak). I kept having a 2+ power flier plus the cleric nullifying all his Angel's attacks, and I got him to throw away Tazri to a 1-for-1 halfway through the game by having a combat trick to counter his own combat trick. I was lucky he didn't draw his maul until he was down to 5 cards left in library, but on the other hand he had those two early draws while I didn't get either of my big boys until past halfway through, and so also didn't get to hit either of them with Thwart the Grave.

Him only having a Pacifism effect for Zagras giving all my poo poo deathtouch for the rest of the game was incredibly funny.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Second draft gave me a pretty clean 7-1 record. Nothing terribly fancy either, just curving out strongly with +1/+1 counter synergies, with a bit of party mechanics in the mix. Unanswered Oran-Rief Ooze won many games, especially when getting menace from a Hagra Constrictor. :toot:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I haven't drafted much yet but UB fliers feels good, bubble snare is super efficient, especially when they can't block you anyway and there are loads of playable fliers.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Well Robber of the Rich got a substantial upgrade with the spell lands...

Also they really gently caress with the Bo1 hand smoother.

E: I just gained rank for a brawl game did they put ranking on the brawl queue?!

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 18, 2020

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

thespaceinvader posted:

Well Robber of the Rich got a substantial upgrade with the spell lands...

Also they really gently caress with the Bo1 hand smoother.

E: I just gained rank for a brawl game did they put ranking on the brawl queue?!

For me all modes are just repeating the rank gain you last got in a ranked match. It never actually increases. Just a visual bug.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I'm pretty sure mine went up then down off two Brawl games, but I've filed a bug report one way or the other.

Also, stop putting back the Anguirius alt art Arena I don't want them.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Did my first Zendikar Rising draft completely blind, ended up drafting Mono U mill because no one in my pod likes Blue apparently. Went 7-2.

Ruin Crab is so loving sick. I won every game I played it on T1 or T2.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Oh! It used to be if you had an alt-art of a card (liked the stained glass 'walkers) you could drag the alt-art card to your deck box to set the art.

They took that away for no reason.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Customer service gave me back what was lost. Are the servers unfucked yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
servers still seem pretty hosed. can't log in past the black screen with the arena pointer after the db init tho I haven't tried any one weird tricking