Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Wicked Them Beats posted:

If Return by Death were more predictable he could spend a couple loops having Wilhelm teach him to swordfight.

He did do that during the selection announcement arc. He's just really bad at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wilhelm is an interesting contrast to Subaru because he basically already is a version of Subaru that became a badass and mastered the sword and still wasn't able to save the woman he loves anyways.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
My favorite bit of animation from this show is still when a young, pissed off Wilhelm slashes at Theresia, and she just deftly dodges, disarms him, and jacks him in the gut. :allears:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I should've rewatched S1, I forgot that Petra and Felt are two different people. :psyduck:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Raxivace posted:

Wilhelm is an interesting contrast to Subaru because he basically already is a version of Subaru that became a badass and mastered the sword and still wasn't able to save the woman he loves anyways.
Well, he did marry the woman he loved, had children and grandchildren, then one day lost his wife to the white whale. Better than nothing :v:
Also (unsure if anime or LN only) he observes Subaru having the eyes of one who has seen his own death multiple times.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Annointed posted:

I hope Felt is having a good time, whatever she's doing.

I'm sure she's having just a swell time making a bunch of nobles/knights clean the toilets and generally making a complete mockery of the royal selection process.

Man, I'd totally watch an OVA about that.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Subaru has also been there longer than the actual surviving timeline. He got to pull a bit of a Bill Murray in Groundhog Day with learning to read.

If Return by Death were more predictable he could spend a couple loops having Wilhelm teach him to swordfight.
I think a potential hurdle in trying to abuse Return by Death to train physical skills is that his body resets, too (disregarding brain chemistry involved in creating and storing memories).
He might learn the basic theory behind motions (like, for instance, when he knows to turn a vegetable to peel it with a knife instead of the massacre he tried at first), but he might not be able to build up any real muscle memory beyond what he can train in a single timeline.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So just train in all the timelines. :smug:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

AnoHito posted:

I'm sure she's having just a swell time making a bunch of nobles/knights clean the toilets and generally making a complete mockery of the royal selection process.

Man, I'd totally watch an OVA about that.

Oh God her story is basically an old-school Isekai (minus the actual transport). She even has an overpowered MC as a bodyguard.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Grouchio posted:

Well, he did marry the woman he loved, had children and grandchildren, then one day lost his wife to the white whale. Better than nothing :v:
Also (unsure if anime or LN only) he observes Subaru having the eyes of one who has seen his own death multiple times.

I remember that happening in the anime as well.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I come bearing gifts! More Re:Zero Breaktime shorts!

(Episode 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TgFM6yP-Rc

(Episode 9)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgG6IzMRcjM

(Episode 10)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdAFul7MuW8

(Episode 11 will be translated soon. It's Elsa and Maylee).

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Rudoku posted:

Oh God her story is basically an old-school Isekai (minus the actual transport). She even has an overpowered MC as a bodyguard.

Nah, not isekai; it's one of those fantasy setting "pauper to princess" shoujos.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Please keep posting the Break Times, they're very good and cute.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The new Breaktime which seems to have some hints. Namely one towards Elsa and Maylie's employer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQDAT38Foz4

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well that's as good as saying Roswaal's name after last episode. Unless it's intentional misdirection.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Sindai posted:

Well that's as good as saying Roswaal's name after last episode. Unless it's intentional misdirection.
Going back a handful of episodes, Garfiel said something familiar.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It was inevitable, given they've been in the OP since the start, but it looks like the whole gang's going to be here next time!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

One last gift before episode 12!

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Unsettling.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Grouchio posted:

One last gift before episode 12!

Now that's what I call a DIE-kimakura.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/nezumiironyanko/status/1308274355642626048

Season 2 was GOING to start on Subaru's birthday and end on Emilia's birthday but COVID-19 ruined that plan. Confirmation that it's 26 episodes, though.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hogama posted:

https://twitter.com/nezumiironyanko/status/1308274355642626048

Season 2 was GOING to start on Subaru's birthday and end on Emilia's birthday but COVID-19 ruined that plan. Confirmation that it's 26 episodes, though.
Yep. After next week, we have a three month break. And then we jump back into the Sanctuary early January.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Grouchio posted:

Yep. After next week, we have a three month break. And then we jump back into the Sanctuary early January.

oh man I hate breaks like that.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I can imagine current world events throws a wrench in everything. Oh well, we'll just have to deal.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Re Zero Episode 37: The Entire Freakin' John Galt Speech

:unsmigghh:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 23, 2020

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Oh. The gang's ALL here.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Official art spotted!

:swoon:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Really didn't need an image of a witch spilling her bodily fluids all over a table there.

Meanwhile, all of these plot revelations always come at a traumatic price

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Opening and closing credits: no
Glorious 360º spinshot: yes

Glad they've got their priorities in order.

So this is the point where I dive into the light novels, yeah?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Maxwell Adams posted:

Opening and closing credits: no
Glorious 360º spinshot: yes

Glad they've got their priorities in order.

There's still another cour coming in the winter season, so maybe wait until after that's done.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Grouchio posted:

Re Zero Episode 37: The Entire Freakin' John Galt Speech

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Maxwell Adams posted:

If I'm following correctly there is one more episode next week and then the back 13 in late winter

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

M_Gargantua posted:

If I'm following correctly there is one more episode next week and then the back 13 in late winter

Thank Christ! I REALLY want to see what happens next with Satella herself arriving to have a piece of Subaru

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Julias posted:

There's still another cour coming in the winter season, so maybe wait until after that's done.

With how much stuff has been skipped, you ought to be reading the whole series and the side story books as well. That's 16 books to just get to where this episode ends. No better time to get started.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LostRook posted:

With how much stuff has been skipped, you ought to be reading the whole series and the side story books as well. That's 16 books to just get to where this episode ends. No better time to get started.

Good Lord that's a lot.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Ah, finally we're going to get to have a proper conversation with the best witch.

Also strange how Typhon just seems completely stoked to see her...

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Good Lord that's a lot.

They are Light Novels so they aren't too daunting individually.

I will say if you wanted to cut it down to what is absolutely essential to reread what the anime covered I would start at arc 3 since that one cut out quite a bit. Still arc three starts at volume 4 so it's only 3 fewer books.

Regardless, I still recommend you read as you can. The side stories are great for fleshing out side characters and I personally was stunned at some of the stuff that was removed from the anime while reading the mainline books.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

A very good episode.

Man, I still can't believe how easily Subaru was just about to rush into that deal with Echidna before everyone else showed up though. For as much as they say Subaru was an otaku or whatever before getting isekai'd, you'd think someone like that would be more suspicious of a deal with a self-proclaimed Witch since I'm sure that kind of thing has come up a thousand times before in the kinds of media he would have consumed.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Raxivace posted:

A very good episode.

Man, I still can't believe how easily Subaru was just about to rush into that deal with Echidna before everyone else showed up though. For as much as they say Subaru was an otaku or whatever before getting isekai'd, you'd think someone like that would be more suspicious of a deal with a self-proclaimed Witch since I'm sure that kind of thing has come up a thousand times before in the kinds of media he would have consumed.
He just finished a hyper-traumatic second trial and is desparately looking for a solution to his current labyrinthine predicament. And Echidna, his confidant regarding his curse, is flat out proposing to him. Of course he's gonna consider it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

You'd think he'd at least ask "and what do you get in exchange?"

You know, like with any contract/deal. Dude makes Faust look like a genius negotiator by comparison.