Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Which makes me wonder, after Matsuri (who was supposed to be a sweet "proper" idol), who has strayed the most from their original character? (Haachama doesn't count since she's a different persona).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
It's the 3rd freaking day. And it is definitely a strength that Kiara understands and speaks more Japanese than her counterparts. She'll find a balance that fits, but I'm sure things feel extremely overwhelming and experimental for all of them. She could turn out to be the collab queen of Hololive EN.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

trucutru posted:

Which makes me wonder, after Matsuri (who was supposed to be a sweet "proper" idol), who has strayed the most from their original character? (Haachama doesn't count since she's a different persona).

miko 100% she went from a kizuna ai like creation to joining hololive and becoming this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH9cItiHP6c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk3slvWrea0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2qtZ1uYvs4

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Kiara is suffering from success now lmao, she's begging people to stop donating so she can read the superchats and they only started donating harder.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Kiara will be fine. She’s literally suffering from success right now. She’ll find her niche and take off.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"Nooo it's not 'feelin dank'!"

420 :420: lmao

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

I can't understand why people complain about Kiara speaking Japanese, because all of my favorite foreign Vtubers are ones that do partial English, because I can follow along better. I'm sure it's probably the same for a lot of the people complaining, which is hypocritical. You enjoy the JP Vtubers better when you can understand them, surely you can let the JP viewers have the same fun with one member of EN?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kiara's linguistic wires are getting crossed because of all the Dank Feelings in chat.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tsilkani posted:

I can't understand why people complain about Kiara speaking Japanese, because all of my favorite foreign Vtubers are ones that do partial English, because I can follow along better. I'm sure it's probably the same for a lot of the people complaining, which is hypocritical. You enjoy the JP Vtubers better when you can understand them, surely you can let the JP viewers have the same fun with one member of EN?

this is pretty much where i'm at. i saw a lot of japanese tweets like 'i couldn't understand anything but felt happy when i heard japanese. i understand overseas bros now'

meanwhile kiara has been doing this for over four hours and is going to die

EDIT: wait, is it 3 hours? i can't discern time any more, danke schoen

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Yeah Kiara's gonna be fine. She's 3+ hours deep on a SC reading stream and still going strong.

Well, she's dying, but the SCs are still going strong. We need a danke schoen counter, it must be in the thousands at this point.

Also I feel like there's gonna be a slingshot effect where kiara feels like she has to make up for the other EN members having an amazing talent and works herself half to death to "catch up" and just massively surges. Gonna predict she'll end up being a collab queen who dips as easily into a pekora stream as she does into a Gura or Ina stream, and the big thing that seems to really expand a vtuber's audience is doing collabs.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Sep 18, 2020

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I look forward to Calli wrapping around from death to life if she actually tries to read every super chat she got this morning

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/ninomaeinanis/status/1306792708376231942?s=19
https://twitter.com/ninomaeinanis/status/1306798078213545984?s=19

Edit:

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Yeah Kiara's gonna be fine. She's 3+ hours deep on a SC reading stream and still going strong.

Well, she's dying, but the SCs are still going strong. We need a danke schoen counter, it must be in the thousands at this point.

I think SCs are turned off for the moment. It's at least not an option for me. Which is perfectly fine, there's only so long someone could do this and not get burned out.

Onean fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 18, 2020

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

I mean, no one complains about Pikamee repeating herself in Japanese or English, do they? I guess Hololive has more scrutiny

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Honestly feel like she has a lot of talent..being a legit polyglot is amazing.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

I find it extremely endearing that although Kiara is a talented lady she is hopeless with her thumbnails and is literally begging chat to send her usable ones for her streams

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Also I feel like there's gonna be a slingshot effect where kiara feels like she has to make up for the other EN members having an amazing talent and works herself half to death to "catch up" and just massively surges. Gonna predict she'll end up being a collab queen who dips as easily into a pekora stream as she does into a Gura or Ina stream, and the big thing that seems to really expand a vtuber's audience is doing collabs.

She's got great energy for doing collabs, too. I really want to see a Kiara and Amelia collab, because both of them are really good at keeping the energy level up and I'd love to see them bounce off each other.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Tsilkani posted:

She's got great energy for doing collabs, too. I really want to see a Kiara and Amelia collab, because both of them are really good at keeping the energy level up and I'd love to see them bounce off each other.

I think the stream that sparks it off will be a weekly Kiara Subaru collab where they bring in the various introverted hololive members and burn them to a crisp with their brightness

They'll call it between two birds.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Kiara is going to absolutely explode once the collab embargo lifts and she gets to do a senpai grand tour.

If you had told me a week ago that the most 'idol-like' member of the team was going to be the toku chicken, I wouldn't have believed you.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Pekora playing Minecraft: I’m gonna build a bomb prank to trick my friends

Astel playing Minecraft: I’m going to build the goddamned Taj Mahal
https://youtu.be/kE_SCGZmZFY

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

wolfs posted:

I mean, no one complains about Pikamee repeating herself in Japanese or English, do they? I guess Hololive has more scrutiny

Not really related, but Pikamee speaks English with Japanese particles and it's very endearing for some reason.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kiara's been crying from happiness for a while now while reading out her superchat Dankeschöns. It's very endearing.

She shut off her superchats like an hour ago her backlog is that long

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Pikamee passed 200k subscribers while playing Super Mario Galaxy on the 3d All Stars, just a month after her 100k milestone.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://vocaroo.com/1kwI0IUZ3Vil from in the middle of the kiara stream

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Does someone know what's the BGM from Kiara danke schoen part is called? Is it from DOVA-SYNDROME by any chance? It kinda slaps

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Negostrike posted:

Does someone know what's the BGM from Kiara danke schoen part is called? Is it from DOVA-SYNDROME by any chance? It kinda slaps

She said its an original BGM for her stream.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014

Kild posted:

https://vocaroo.com/1kwI0IUZ3Vil from in the middle of the kiara stream

Ah drat, I want her to do a full cover now!

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Stink Billyums posted:

there are so many sherlock anime girls, I want a columbo

this would be too powerful

its been a good night! Pikamee hit 200k and Korone is a few hundred off from 800k.
Pika was at like, 50,000 back at the start of August! she's beaten the HoloID girls at this point, collaborated with Choco and Suisei... does her continuing success count as an underdog story?

e;fb

content:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wGmVSn9mfU

wolfs fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Sep 18, 2020

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

I just got into vtubers a few days ago when I saw some clips of Korone's DOOM streams. Seeing the beginning of the Hololive EN people has been really fun, and now I might be in the rabbit hole.

Ibblebibble posted:

Not really related, but Pikamee speaks English with Japanese particles and it's very endearing for some reason.

I think Pikamee is my favourite just because of her English.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz29juLEZkQ&t=4170s

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

wolfs posted:

no one complains about Coco repeating things in english either

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
For the dedicated JP crew, the Nijisanji live event from Kyoto International Manga Anime Fair 2020 is currently on over at niconico with ChroNoiR currently on stage (as 3D holograms). The pre-show already had some 170k viewers. E: Currently behind an online ticket

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Sep 18, 2020

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
I loved it how Kiara got some food and when she started eating it her avatar picked up the noise and started doing the mouth movements. She alternated between eating and laughing at how silly the chewing avatar looked.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

TheCoach posted:

I loved it how Kiara got some food and when she started eating it her avatar picked up the noise and started doing the mouth movements. She alternated between eating and laughing at how silly the chewing avatar looked.

But she couldn't don the drumsticks and move one up to her mouth?

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
I don't think any of the normal 2D models can move their hands to their mouths, or even away from their default position really.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I don't think any of the normal 2D models can move their hands to their mouths, or even away from their default position really.

A lot of them have preset positions for their arms/hands that they can switch between, it's just that none of them tend to bother much. Calliope does it sometimes to mover her scythe around.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smrKmflH_ec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5dNxzrykWg

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

Polka does

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
More Calli breaking going on now, come to watch a nervous breakdown https://youtu.be/-sihZLgIO_k.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Calli portrays herself as a ball of anxiety that is trying her best to be cool which just circles back into being adorable.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
She added an entire shelf of a wine bottles to her room background

Tremendous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Matsuri just sent a superchat to Callie and she's struggling to keep up. This is such wholesome content.

EDIT: I just google translated what she wrote and it's literally "Sūpāchattotāimu". I think the meme review stream got to her.