Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
They’re pretty exclusive, but just for people who have more money than sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Mcqueen posted:

I thought pxg was supposed to be some sort of exclusive club and then I saw a commercial of theirs and it was like watching a 2002 Dodge Ram commercial. Hella embarrassing.

The 'X' in PXG is for 'Xtreme.'

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Daric posted:

They’re pretty exclusive, but just for people who have more money than sense

So... a golf company :v:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Got my Masters 2021 rejection email this morning :(

I figured with 2020 tickets being carried over the chances were even slimmer, but a guy can dream right!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Mcqueen posted:

I thought pxg was supposed to be some sort of exclusive club and then I saw a commercial of theirs and it was like watching a 2002 Dodge Ram commercial. Hella embarrassing.

Affliction: MMA as PXG:Golf

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

ElGroucho posted:

Affliction: MMA as PXG:Golf

Tap In

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahahaha perfect

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

fuckin lol.

welcome to fight night.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh God it fits too well. I now hate PXG more than I ever did before. You go to the two nice CCs in the Portland area and you see PXG poo poo everywhere.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mcqueen posted:

fuckin lol.

welcome to fight night.

Anna Rawson, a golfer most famous for this photo shoot

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
The treatment of good looking women golfers by the golf media kills me. One, Paige Spirinac isn't really a golfer. She's an Instagram model with a fantastic golf game for a handicap golfer. That blonde from the Big Break is the same, but less successful as a model and marginally better as a golfer. The Golf Magazine coverage they get, "putting tips by Paige Spirinac!" is loving maddening.

On another note, played 9 with three ladies in their 60s today, had a great time. Averaged five shots off tee among them on every hole, and never lost pace with the group in front of us. One par between them in 27 holes, and they had a great loving time, and so did I.

Had someone flip me the bird for the first time in at least ten years on the course. Short par 4, group behind us hit into us as we were in front of the green. No fore, no acknowledgement. When he came to his ball, I was on the next tee, made eye contact and spread my hands in the universal "what the hell" sign, and he flipped me off. Can't figure how he felt he was the wronged party. If I thought the old gals would back me up, I'd have started something.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Paige Spiranac is a +4 handicap former All-Conference D1 golfer who led her team to a conference championship. Is she on the LPGA tour? No. Did she she resort to modeling to make money to afford to continue playing on the Cactus Tour? Yes. She’s a lot smarter than you think, I’d highly recommend listening to an episode of her podcast. She’s very eloquent and deeper than I thought. But she also has big boobs and knows it so she uses that to make money.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Daric posted:

Paige Spiranac is a +4 handicap former All-Conference D1 golfer who led her team to a conference championship. Is she on the LPGA tour? No. Did she she resort to modeling to make money to afford to continue playing on the Cactus Tour? Yes. She’s a lot smarter than you think, I’d highly recommend listening to an episode of her podcast. She’s very eloquent and deeper than I thought. But she also has big boobs and knows it so she uses that to make money.

You misunderstand, I have no criticism of her. My criticism is of her being held as a spokeswoman for women's golf and she's got a.willingness to show her boobs and a game not good enough for the tour as her qualifications. You see no such coverage of a chubby girl of greater accomplishments. She is on the cover and given the spotlight without regard for her game.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Yeah I’ve seen a commercial with Cheyenne Woods like a hundred times over the last few weeks watching golf. It’s not just Paige.

I agree that there needs to be more commercials, etc. featuring women actually on the LPGA tour outside of Danielle Kang, Michelle Wie, and Lexi Thompson but are some point that’s on the players themselves to try to put themselves out there.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Daric posted:

Yeah I’ve seen a commercial with Cheyenne Woods like a hundred times over the last few weeks watching golf. It’s not just Paige.

I agree that there needs to be more commercials, etc. featuring women actually on the LPGA tour outside of Danielle Kang, Michelle Wie, and Lexi Thompson but are some point that’s on the players themselves to try to put themselves out there.

True enough, I'd like to see more proactive stances from the LPGA. I gotta say, the "WAGS" bullshit pisses me off, to. Yes, the pole vaulter is beautiful, Pauline Gretzky is a knock out. But, I can find great looking women on the internet without having that tied to golf. I'd rather watch those 19 year old Koreans who dominate for two years than Paige when it comes to golf coverage.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I will say, give her podcast a shot. I listened to an episode after Max Homa and Shane Bacon said it was really good and they were definitely right. I listened to an episode with Brooks Laich (I don’t follow hockey so I didn’t know who he was) and it was super interesting. She went deep into her own mental issues and how much she’s struggled to do things in life without trying to become the best at it. Like even just causally playing tennis. It took her a while to accept that she can just have fun doing something without any other obligations to become great at it.

She also talked about how she mentally broke down when she wanted to make a run at a pro career but couldn’t afford to do it for long unless she won some tournaments (and even then, the money on the women’s tours is wayyyy less than the men’s) so she resorted to doing the only thing she thought she could to make enough money to afford it, which was using her looks. But then in doing that, she took a lot of abuse from people calling her a slut and a whore, which effected her mentally and she struggled from there. She’s apparently been in therapy for a while now and is doing a lot better and is considering making another run at touring.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't know man, constantly producing content like "Bikini Golf" or "My Boobs get in the Way of My Swing!" makes it hard to take a person seriously.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

I don't know man, constantly producing content like "Bikini Golf" or "My Boobs get in the Way of My Swing!" makes it hard to take a person seriously.

Make hay while the sun shines my man, she has a finite window to make money off of those baps

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Someone on GolfWRX got fitted for a Titleist TSi3 (left) and said he gained 7 yds carry with improved dispersion vs his TS3 (right). Fuuuck it looks good. :shlick:

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Lately I've put a 5 hybrid back in my bag. I have Callaway Apex 19 3, 4, 5 hybrids now, and then Mizuno MP20 blade 6-PW irons. It really seems like the 5 hybrid goes just as far as my 4 and even my 3 hybrid sometimes though so it's tough to really decide on my bag. God I want to have my own simulator this winter so I can just get a fuckton of data.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Suprfli6 posted:

Lately I've put a 5 hybrid back in my bag. I have Callaway Apex 19 3, 4, 5 hybrids now, and then Mizuno MP20 blade 6-PW irons. It really seems like the 5 hybrid goes just as far as my 4 and even my 3 hybrid sometimes though so it's tough to really decide on my bag. God I want to have my own simulator this winter so I can just get a fuckton of data.

My 5 wood is my inexplicable club. My stats show one 279 harder, longer than my longest 3 wood, and close to my best driver.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.

torgeaux posted:

5 wood.... 279

Had to double take I wasn’t on golfwrx

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Summit posted:

Had to double take I wasn’t on golfwrx

Mountain golf.

My driver averages 270.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat
Now that the clouds have finally opened in Washington and released their load I’m forgetting how hard it is to hit from deep rough in the rain. Anyone have any tips on playing in downpour? My head says slow up the swing and relax but I thought i remember reading it was more important to keep swing speed up. I also feel like I primed my gently caress up pump this summer using nothing but irons. Now I don’t even carry woods.

God drat this game.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mcqueen posted:

Now that the clouds have finally opened in Washington and released their load I’m forgetting how hard it is to hit from deep rough in the rain. Anyone have any tips on playing in downpour? My head says slow up the swing and relax but I thought i remember reading it was more important to keep swing speed up. I also feel like I primed my gently caress up pump this summer using nothing but irons. Now I don’t even carry woods.

God drat this game.

The split between going smooth and keeping speed up is basically "don't decelerate". Deep rough is going to slow the club down, even moreso when it's soaked. Getting clean contact is going to be asking a lot.

Depending on how deep it is you may be best off with just hitting a short distance iron to get it out of trouble and back onto the fairway. Trying to be a hero in situations like those is usually what sends you into even bigger problems.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Bryson had an amazing quote after the US Open, which may have turned me into a fan. Apparently he wants to put on another 10-15 pounds and try out a 48” driver. But this is the quote:

“Right now, I’m 230-235, depending on if I’ve eaten steak or not.”

What a goon.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I had a round yesterday with 3 dudes, and they ended up good and drunk by the end. It's honestly gotten annoying how drunk these dudes manage to get. They aren't falling over, but they are loudly arguing about bullshit on the tee instead of hitting the ball, poo poo like that.

One of these dudes is sharing a cart with me, and every time I'm about to swing, he's telling me "Look, look at me... look, look... you gotta swing the bucket, and drop the water over here"

We are playing for Wolf with Dots for 10 cents. I won $4.30 by the end, and these dudes are all in the red. How the gently caress are you going to give me advice? I had to tell him, "Man, stop giving me tips, I am absolutely loving eating your lunch, focus on your own goddamn game."

I am not a great player, but I hate when people who are worse than you think they can help you out.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

ElGroucho posted:

I had a round yesterday with 3 dudes, and they ended up good and drunk by the end. It's honestly gotten annoying how drunk these dudes manage to get. They aren't falling over, but they are loudly arguing about bullshit on the tee instead of hitting the ball, poo poo like that.

One of these dudes is sharing a cart with me, and every time I'm about to swing, he's telling me "Look, look at me... look, look... you gotta swing the bucket, and drop the water over here"

We are playing for Wolf with Dots for 10 cents. I won $4.30 by the end, and these dudes are all in the red. How the gently caress are you going to give me advice? I had to tell him, "Man, stop giving me tips, I am absolutely loving eating your lunch, focus on your own goddamn game."

I am not a great player, but I hate when people who are worse than you think they can help you out.

Dang that’s rough man.

On the flip side, I’d watch one of those prank shows(like impractical jokers type show), where they just got paired up with random golfers and gave them poo poo advice the entire round.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I holed out from 130 yards with a 9 Iron for my first eagle on a Par 5 today. :cheersbird:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

daslog posted:

I holed out from 130 yards with a 9 Iron for my first eagle on a Par 5 today. :cheersbird:

congrats dude

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

daslog posted:

Sweet.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
My most recent round I nearly had a hole in one from 200 yards in a monsoon. Couldn’t see the hole the ball or the club.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

daslog posted:

Congrats! That’s awesome. I’m still hunting for my first eagle, I’ve come within inches a few times but haven’t had one drop yet.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

ElGroucho posted:

Im sorry this sounds rough but thank you for letting me know what wolf hammer is.

I got no idea how you can be that hosed up and even play that game, jesus.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

gently caress yeah :toot:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
where do you find this free water stuff that falls out of the sky?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Played a new course today. As usual, I play really conservative golf on a course I don't know, so lots of 5i off the tee.

Bogeyed one, just wasn't prepared for green speed. Birdied two. Pars until 8, birdie. Bogeyed 9, make the turn at even par.

Par 10, par 11. Tee box on 12, weird split fairway, but a 5i is going to leave me 160 in, so good to go. Big wait, we've finally caught up to the clog on the course. Group behind pulls up as I'm at address. I wait for them to stop. Begin backswing, brake pop followed by conversation. Ball goes 40 yards with the divot starting 3 inches behind the ball. Manage a bogey. 13, join the group in front of us to play as a 6 ball. Group behind shows up as I'm on the box, talking. Hit ball into water on this par 3. Second ball to 6 feet, bogey. From that point on, the group behind is on the tee box with us for every tee shot. 14 scoop a 5w, looks like a 50 degree wedge. Bogey. 16, finally a good tee shot, par. 17, splash tee shot on par 3, second ball par for a double bogey. Finish with good drive, good approach, two putt par. We made the turn 6 minutes ahead of pace, the group ahead that we joined with quit on 15, so we actually moved up a slot, and still finished 20 minutes over pace.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

My one length sand wedge finally came in! Got one length wedges in 44, 49, 54 and 58 now. All sans two clubs in my bag are one length (make a one length 2h or 2i Cobra!). All in on one length and all in on Arccos (which is FANTASTIC, highly recommended!).

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
TaylorMade sent me some survey to fill out, so I'm trying to be as helpful as possible with my answers...

In other news, I just did a driver/3w fitting that I'd been putting off until after my club championship finished this year. During the fitting I learned that the face on both my driver and 3w are cracked and there's a very tiny spot on them that isn't totally dead! Any shot I hit on the bottom half of the face would register with 0 rpm spin and just dive into the ground after 150y or so. I'd hit a handful of those shots on the course over the last few weeks and just thought I took a bad swing. Whoops.

Anyway, after hitting a million combinations of heads and shafts, I've got a new TM Sim 9* driver and Sim TI 3W on the way. All of the other current-gen driver heads seemed way too draw-biased to be viable for me, since I'm trying to hit a fade off the tee 98% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BCRock posted:

TaylorMade sent me some survey to fill out, so I'm trying to be as helpful as possible with my answers...

You are doing a great service :patriot: