Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Wow I can't believe they got the rights to all this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Words of encouragement from Shaggy 2 Dope about bones is just what I needed in these trying times.

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Really getting their money's worth on this Sean Astin Cameo.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I'm so happy that Tim is just as energetic and frenetic when he performs Stirfry as he sounds

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Let's go out to the lobby!

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Is the video Patron-only?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You have to pay :5bux: to but a ticket to get a URL to an unlisted Youtube stream, but that's available to anyone to do.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bought a small poster, now I can show my love for this show via hanging it on a wall.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Warbird posted:

You have to pay :5bux: to but a ticket to get a URL to an unlisted Youtube stream, but that's available to anyone to do.

Does anyone know where/if I can buy this now? The Eventbrite link doesn't work anymore.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You probably can't but they may have it so you can buy access to the VOD after the fact.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

A better question would be when could you buy a copy of this VOD.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Holy crap the last episode of Come at the King had a ton of licensed music, they must be doing pretty good!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Props to the crew for sneaking in a stealth Aquabats joke for the Cum at the King finale. The escape from planet time show was decent, but an open ended time travel plot may not have been the best call for a live show.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm still catching up but I just wanted to say Stirfy's family makes me really want to play a Kenku

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Follow up to the above post: it is extremely easy to make me cry, using a sailor's lament is practically cheating

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Not gonna lie, I like this shirt design but the quality of the material leaves a bit to be desired. Oh well.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Finished come at the king. Man, Carly's characters just shoot out of the gate like Secretariat, instant fave, and Tim always starts facing backwards and then ends up somehow lapping everybody by the end.

If you'd told me after the first episode that loving Smellulus would be the only character I cared about I would believe you, but I would also assume that he became less pathetic, not more

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

I haven't heard any of their discussion podcasts, but I remember reading somewhere that Tim wanted to do a super unlikable character after Stirfry became a fan favorite and that drove his choices for Smellulus.

And I'd suspected it all along, but the scene with the jester convinced me he based a lot of him on unfunny, insufferable people who insist on doing improv comedy. You know the type, paying for classes and going to competitions, but just completely talentless and delusional.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

deadpan posted:

I haven't heard any of their discussion podcasts, but I remember reading somewhere that Tim wanted to do a super unlikable character after Stirfry became a fan favorite and that drove his choices for Smellulus.

And I'd suspected it all along, but the scene with the jester convinced me he based a lot of him on unfunny, insufferable people who insist on doing improv comedy. You know the type, paying for classes and going to competitions, but just completely talentless and delusional.

Hey, it's Tim's own fault that Stirfry became so drat loveable :colbert: He knows what he did.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Smellulus is great, specifically because the entire time I was listening to Come at the King I just kept repeating "who could be worse than Smellulus?"

And the answer is that Smellulus could.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DoubleDonut posted:

Smellulus is great, specifically because the entire time I was listening to Come at the King I just kept repeating "who could be worse than Smellulus?"

And the answer is that Smellulus could.

I kept thinking he had hit the bottom, and he kept going lower.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I feel like Deelee sealed his fate by interrupting Snakes speech. He could still fall by coming along with the team, but he would only fall by staying behind.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Deelee's weirdo laugh is like the Wonder Woman power stance of making noises. if you're having a bad day just square up toward a sleeping pet with your hands on your waist and just go "hee hee hee HEE HEE hee hee heeee" until you're feeling better.

e: I just googled and her name is spelled "Deli" in the wiki. Excellent.

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 13, 2020

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

poor life choice posted:

Deelee's weirdo laugh is like the Wonder Woman power stance of making noises. if you're having a bad day just square up toward a sleeping pet with your hands on your waist and just go "hee hee hee HEE HEE hee hee heeee" until you're feeling better.

At first I found that laugh annoying but it grew on me real quick.

I wound up dropping out of Come At The King and then binging it all at once, and I would up really liking it. Largely because of the general commitment to letting Smellulus become just totally irredeemable. But maybe my favorite bit was how they totally rolled with the dragon falling genuinely, inexplicably in love with Smellulus, to her complete consternation.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

New Talkin Bout for patrons from Tim and Joe about newspaper comics. I've not listened to it yet but did just listen to the first Pride and Prejudice one from Tim and Carly, and if you've been sleeping on this one due to not being an Austen fan I'd say give it a shot. They end the episode by reading a chapter and Tim using his Stirfry voice to play Mr Collins is amazing.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

"Which Rude Tales NPC are you?" quiz that they made.

I got Bukakke Pepsi, which I don't know how to take.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I got "Davo".

"You love to drink beer, go with the flow, and get killed. Party on!" I can live with that, or rather die with that I guess.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I got Ivan Gretski, whom I had completely forgotten about.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I got the affair elf not sure what that says about me

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I got Splish-Splash

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Well poo poo my pants I got Gerry Mentlegen

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Illegal Rinbecca. I had to comb my brain on who that was even with the description

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Kreedis
You're extremely wise but in a really obnoxious way. Your favorite comedian is Bill Hicks and when people pull out their phones you say "time to take out our phones."

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I got Gladhands and I'm not sure I've ever been more proud of myself.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I'm Wealthy Wim Windows! Check out my bicycle!

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Thrilled with this result.

Snake Professional: What can we say about you that hasn't been said before? Cool as a cucumber and many times as tall, you're as mysterious as you are beloved. But are you trustworthy? Depends on who you ask. But you're asking me and I'm telling you straight: unclear

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I think I’ll miss Deli and Snake most of all

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Hell yeah, Witch Hunter.

Cool. Intimidating. Precise. Obsessive. Midwestern. These are the words best used to describe you. You're friendly but in a hosed up way. I am afraid of you.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
RIP, big wood box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Finally main campaign back on, some decent plot development