Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Picnic Princess posted:

This person was once in a car with me, pointed at a 7000 foot tall mountain, and asked "So how DID they plant the trees all the way up there?"

EMP? Wait is this idiot talking about that HAARP nonsense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Picnic Princess posted:

This person was once in a car with me, pointed at a 7000 foot tall mountain, and asked "So how DID they plant the trees all the way up there?"

This is a new bit of craziness to me. So, are Canadians going to take refuge in the US after Canada gets zapped by an EMP, or are people from the US going to Canada after the US gets zapped by an EMP?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Maybe both?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Punkin Spunkin posted:

https://twitter.com/NYorNothing/status/1306639210363916290?s=20
(Reacting to taxi drivers protesting for debt relief in new york
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemima...debtors-prison/)

I refuse to be part of the same species as these weird cold pod people
They aint human, straight up

I took a look at Antonella's profile, turns out, she's an Instagram thirst trap. Which, to be fair, doesn't NEED a degree, but it's not quite the universal experience. Just ghoulish

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

AlbieQuirky posted:

This is a new bit of craziness to me. So, are Canadians going to take refuge in the US after Canada gets zapped by an EMP, or are people from the US going to Canada after the US gets zapped by an EMP?
Both countries get hit with EMPs and, in the confusion, everyone swaps places.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tiggum posted:

Both countries get hit with EMPs and, in the confusion, everyone swaps places.
Canadian nuclear fire drill

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/scientits/status/1306914592476590080?s=21

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Holy poo poo don't skip this gif (it's not the one you think it is).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
I've come here to eat yogurt and kick rear end

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I hate the word "christingle", all I see is Chuck Tingle's long lost brother Chris

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bismuth posted:

I hate the word "christingle", all I see is Chuck Tingle's long lost brother Chris

Pounded in the rear end by the realization your family is much bigger than you thought.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Mods please rename me to Coke Jesus tia.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Local newscaster is confused why the unhoused can violate social distancing norms in their tent camps that exist because the city won't house them, while Good American Football Fans aren't allowed to drink in a parking lot.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How did they get the mr pibb boxes to stack sideways?

Apparently this is a recurring thing???

Do they ship them out like that for the display?

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

OwlFancier posted:

How did they get the mr pibb boxes to stack sideways?

Apparently this is a recurring thing???

Do they ship them out like that for the display?

Spoilers: all those "box displays" are just pre-made standees, not even empty boxes!

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I would like to see a cardboard food mascot up there crucified, to bring it together

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My literal job is building poo poo like that and I am utterly gobsmacked at the notion of an eight foot tall cross made to look like pop boxes.

And I spent hours the other week building a three pallet budweiser display with 3d cardboard overhead components.

America is loving wild.

How long until they start making mountain dew world trade centers complete with smoke dispensers and LED fire?

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 16:03 on Sep 18, 2020

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

OwlFancier posted:

My literal job is building poo poo like that and I am utterly gobsmacked at the notion of an eight foot tall cross made to look like pop boxes.

And I spent hours the other week building a three pallet budweiser display with 3d cardboard overhead components.

So is this poo poo like minecraft for boomers?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

That's some serious Mammon worship.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As in I build displays for retail spaces. It gets gimmicky but like, our lord and saviour mr pibb is another loving level. Pretty sure if I tried that here the local bishop would come along and knock it down.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/BlerdOtaku/status/1306847263222792192

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I didn’t realize transformed Hulk was just Mark Ruffalo in a costume, drat that’s good prosthetic work

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
imagine being unhappy about Tatiana Maslany appearing in something

with this exception

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/stavridisj/status/1306978096554430466

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

SpacePig posted:

Local newscaster is confused why the unhoused can violate social distancing norms in their tent camps that exist because the city won't house them, while Good American Football Fans aren't allowed to drink in a parking lot.

I, Pththya-lyi, dare Bob Kelly to spend one month (30 full days) living in a homeless camp. If he goes back to his house, accesses any financial resources, or lets friends or family help him he forfeits. I am prepared to escalate to a double dog or, God help me, triple dog dare.

Pththya-lyi has a new favorite as of 16:37 on Sep 18, 2020

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Sadly already deleted.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I didn’t realize transformed Hulk was just Mark Ruffalo in a costume, drat that’s good prosthetic work

TBH She-Hulk isn’t nearly as monstrous as Hulk so I figured they would go with someone naturally tall and jacked to hell and then use CGI for the rare occasions when she’s not she-hulk like they did for pre-serum Cap.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

OwlFancier posted:

As in I build displays for retail spaces. It gets gimmicky but like, our lord and saviour mr pibb is another loving level. Pretty sure if I tried that here the local bishop would come along and knock it down.

Can you tell us more about what you do? Sounds fascinating.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like due to the fact it's a screenshot, it looks like the lady is annoyed that they voted in some Tories over Bojack Horseman. And having lived under Tories, I totally support this.

Also no reason to be concerned about the awesome Tatiana Maslany being She-Hulk. There's already been a leak of how she'll look following transformation - https://scottaukerman.tumblr.com/post/123745913326/thanks-to-orphan-blacks-tatiana-maslany-kurt/amp

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Can you tell us more about what you do? Sounds fascinating.

It's basically just building ikea furniture if the furniture was made out of carboard. Kinda fun but not exactly interesting. It all comes pre-made from the display factory.

The job I would like to know about is the person who sits down and designs The Passion of The Sprites and figures out how to ship it flat packed and how it will help improve their brand image.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/AJyanksatlas/status/1305797190363885569

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Fortunately, somebody on Twitter has the screencap.

https://twitter.com/AlcantaraEdits/status/1306980791252123648

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Can’t they just add green tits in post?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

christmas boots posted:

TBH She-Hulk isn’t nearly as monstrous as Hulk so I figured they would go with someone naturally tall and jacked to hell and then use CGI for the rare occasions when she’s not she-hulk like they did for pre-serum Cap.

I mean, she's still like 7 feet tall.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

He's just that big. They actually have to use camera tricks to make him look smaller. And when he's not in Hulk form? Pure CGI.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Push El Burrito posted:

I mean, she's still like 7 feet tall.

lol look at this dumbass thats never heard of stilts

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

An IOSM success story!
https://twitter.com/jjdrafttweets/status/1306970005918175240
For context: Sally is a "former" Republican with a massive bot network that she uses to attack progressives and boost conservative Democrat talking points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Holy poo poo, those goalposts.

Dumb girls, haha. And by girls I mean everyone, duh.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Our God is an Lemon God
He reigns from Citus above
With sourness, pith, and rind
Our God is an Lemon God

repeat x10

As someone who sat through VBS for 8 years and bible camp for 5 years, I appreciate this. There was always a dude with a guitar who only knew those 4 chords and was happy to play it again and again just to make the kids shut up and stop poking each other with palm fronds.