Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
jerry, don’t hate the player, hate the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

jerry, don’t hate the player, hate the game.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

buddy you are probably playing the same genre you hate (beat em ups i bet) and wondering why you hate the games. try playing something different like that windjammers or street fighter 3 or r-type or magic sword or those weird arcade puzzle games.

wät

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

magic sword owns

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
video games

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

why would i ever try to play beat'em'ups on anything, i'm not a sex pest and i take regular showers

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

which reminds me christmas is coming up

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

3D Megadoodoo posted:

which reminds me christmas is coming up

gently caress. already?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Jesus yeah it would be

I gave fortnite a go when it first came out and then what sounded like a 10 year old squeeked at me for either killing them or leaving them to die and I uninstalled shortly after. I can’t imagine what it’s like now that it’s a certified Children’s Game

when team fortress 2 went free to play I got called the n word and a cheater by a squeaker for playing spy and disappearing.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the video jaming youth are not ok and it is just better in every way to play w peeps who have like a job and are not neets and poo poo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I’d totally game casually with other yosgoons

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

Yospos still the only place on the internet where someone has called me gay as a slur

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yospos still the only place on the internet where someone has called me gay as a slur
https://twitter.com/nocontextmsgs/status/1202656140330450945?s=21

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

<CONTROL> Hey MOLD-1 how about you

ffffuuucckkk ooofffff

Christ I'm too old for this bullshit. I thought Daimon the end-boss at Bitterblack Isle chafed my balls but he was a pussycat compared to this giant dipshit half life tentacle on steroids.

After banging my head on this for an hour last night launching Charge grenades at the fucker over and over, switched to the Pierce railgun with level 2 upgrades plus an 'Aiming' multiplier and a 'Headshot' multiplier, literally second attempt dead & done in about a minute.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

President Beep posted:

i would if i played online anymore lol

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

oops, i bought JYDGE on NMN's reccomendation thinking from the screenshots it was a syndicate type game. i suck at hotline miami style games and am getting loving owned in it.

maybe i'll persevere at it, is it the gameplay or the aesthetic that people dig?

not a dig at you NMN, it was a good deal you posted, and even if i just install them all and pretty much immediately say 'nah, not for me', it's still pretty cool you can try out so many games for so little now.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://twitter.com/grandayy/status/1306993689521270792?s=21

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Best BR regards, 3D Megadoodoo

Your opinion on games is bad but your username. :chefkiss:. I'm so conflicted.

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
I've finally played enough titanfall that I'm considering maining scorch for a while, which means I should be either switching back to smash bros or possibly doing work again lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i bought hardspace shipbreaker. its ok, but its early access and needs more polish and more diversity of spaceships

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

TimWinter posted:

or possibly doing work again lol

no don't :ohdear:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Shaggar posted:

i bought hardspace shipbreaker. its ok, but its early access and needs more polish and more diversity of spaceships

i got a bit frustrated early on with the controls so I've not gotten far. its neat through and a nice change from flying the ships

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

idgi

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Agile Vector posted:

i got a bit frustrated early on with the controls so I've not gotten far. its neat through and a nice change from flying the ships

i dont use wasd (cause im not a scrub) so i rebound everything anyway and it works fine for movement, but there are some oddities with some of the tool controls. the game doesnt have scroll wheel tool switch like you'd expect which is annoying, but then there are other wierd things like the cutter has 3 modes (precise, wide cut vertical, wide cut horizontal) and instead of just having a button to switch between those 3 modes you have to hit the weapon bind button to switch between precise and widecut and then once it wide cut you can use a different key to switch between vertical and horizontal.

i think its the kind of thing that gets cleaned up as more people play and it works its way thru early access player input.

Shaggar fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 18, 2020

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

have you ever played Mafia?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

have you ever played Mafia?

oh no I’ve not

I googled who Walter white was tho so I see why I didn’t get it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

don’t worry about not getting it, it’s just not that funny either way

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I have a level III 'Charge' missile launcher gun now in CONTROL and with a 50%+ damage mod and two 60% blast radius mods attached it makes 90% of bad guys trivial, no worrying about joypad accuracy now you can lob a missile somewhere in the vicinity and score kills every time. OK you only get three shots before ducking for cover or hurling a rock with your psi-powers, but it's rare you need any more than that :o:

Reading online everyone else is big on the Shatter shotgun or Pierce railgun weapons, I'm just here totally wrecking the fabulous architecture and decor with wanton destruction :cool:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you can stack charge blast radius mods to the point that it starts killing you which is hilarious

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Shaggar posted:

you can stack charge blast radius mods to the point that it starts killing you which is hilarious

oh yeah I found a secret area right up the top of the big central atrium you have to levitate over to and when you grab the pickup it spawns like eight LVL9 mold-men behind you, I opened up with all three Charge shots and blew off half my health as well as killing all eight bads. It's a good thing they dropped a snowstorm of blue health crystals :o:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Also I've seen a few references in CONTROL collectibles to ALAN WAKE, which I have not played - if I'm liking this should I look into AW?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Shaggar posted:

i dont use wasd (cause im not a scrub) so i rebound everything anyway and it works fine for movement, but there are some oddities with some of the tool controls. the game doesnt have scroll wheel tool switch like you'd expect which is annoying, but then there are other wierd things like the cutter has 3 modes (precise, wide cut vertical, wide cut horizontal) and instead of just having a button to switch between those 3 modes you have to hit the weapon bind button to switch between precise and widecut and then once it wide cut you can use a different key to switch between vertical and horizontal.

i think its the kind of thing that gets cleaned up as more people play and it works its way thru early access input.

yeah, the tool management was what got me. the positioning wasnt bad since i play nms and dabbled with elite: dangerous so reorienting felt okay, but toggling tools felt a bit too much like work

that's a good point, too. since its early access i should check and see what the community is saying. maybe there's a discussion on ux refinement that would be worth following

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Reading online everyone else is big on the Shatter shotgun or Pierce railgun weapons, I'm just here totally wrecking the fabulous architecture and decor with wanton destruction :cool:

I like grabbing rocks and office items and tossing them, then starting a 1-by-1 enemy grab and toss. there's so many satisfying ways to play

oh and the reload animations on the service weapon are great, too, while we're talking about this game and its style

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
alan wake is good but has less diversity of setting and action than control, you spend the majority of the game in a spooky forest killing ghosts with a flashlight. it also has some prominent product placement which made people Real Mad back in the day

the second control dlc is effectively a sequel to alan wake, though, so playing it first will probably make it easier to understand and appreciate and pick up references

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

this control game seems kind of interesting

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

this control game seems kind of interesting
control is v. good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Alan Wake is good.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I have a level III 'Charge' missile launcher gun now in CONTROL and with a 50%+ damage mod and two 60% blast radius mods attached it makes 90% of bad guys trivial, no worrying about joypad accuracy now you can lob a missile somewhere in the vicinity and score kills every time. OK you only get three shots before ducking for cover or hurling a rock with your psi-powers, but it's rare you need any more than that :o:

my first playthrough i used spin of all things lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Shaggar posted:

i bought ... early access

well that was a bad idea

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

might play some civ 6 this weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
playing Return of the Obra Dinn. it's a very well done detective game with a unique visual style. it does not depend on the visual style to carry it thankfully.

you should give it a shot. it's really well made.