Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

qirex posted:

I’m curious what Sagan’s future looks like, did he just not train right for the TdF this year or has he lost a step?

I think he's over bike racing. Massively out of shape and doesn't seem to give a poo poo if he wins or not anymore.

Losing the green jersey might do him good but I imagine he phones in the remainder of his big contract and retires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I agree. He looks off the pace and doesn’t even care to sprint most of the time.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

It seems clear he’s really unhappy that he can’t win stages and he doesn’t seem like the type to be a support rider.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Supposedly he did gently caress all during lockdown, so hopefully he's just unfit and can race his way back into serious contention. It's hard not to feel like he's uninterested though.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Sagan doesn't do turbo trainers, which is a bit of a problem if you can't ride outside

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

:hmmrona:
He's still 2nd overall without being able to race this year and would be within a dozen points if he didn't get penalized for his bump on WVA. I think it's a little premature to put him out to pasture.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

"I don't really know what kind of shape I'm in" --Søren Kragh Andersen, 2020, prior to today's stage, after already having won one stage during this Tour De France and been in maillot blanc for a week during the debut Tour.

That was such an impressive way of cheating all of the sprinters, I'm absolutely floored.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

The ITV highlights just did a bit with roger kluge about how he's all set to break the record for largest lantern rouge time defecit from the front

They've really been smashing it this tour

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Watch him miss the time cut tomorrow.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

serious gaylord posted:

At this point just let wout go for the vuelta.

10/19/20: Wout gets on the JV bus last minute.
"Anyone feeling sick? Need a breather? Anyone?"

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Skarsnik posted:

The ITV highlights just did a bit with roger kluge about how he's all set to break the record for largest lantern rouge time defecit from the front

They've really been smashing it this tour

Ewan has needed help a LOT

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

https://streamable.com/k1ot69

lol

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Someone doesn't want to #savetherimbrake

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

loving Shimano!

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
Italian born Russian raised in France cursing in English is the best thing.

TobinHatesYou fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 19, 2020

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

everyone else slowed down and I did a somersault. loving bike

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Love to tune into a 36 km mountain ITT and see all the big chonky sprinters (and Caleb Ewan) on the road :sickos:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Is there anywhere that will let me gamble on an all-Jumbo podium?

Though I wonder if WvA will save his legs for a punt at the Champs Elysees.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Smirr posted:

Love to tune into a 36 km mountain ITT and see all the big chonky sprinters (and Caleb Ewan) on the road :sickos:

I do all my TTs out of the saddle and/or moving all over the road

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Someone utterly random is going to win this.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Send the gendarmes down and enforce the mask wearing.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Superspreader event in progress at the 5k banner.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's fine, they won't be in hospital until well after Sunday.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Pretty steep at the end then :stare:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Cavagna :drat:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Disappointed EF aren't using those hosed up POC TT helmets

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Few people using unbranded lightweight disc wheels

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Nothing against Cavagna, but I'm gonna need his time to get just casually crushed by one of the big guys, just to own the French some more

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

Nothing against Cavagna, but I'm gonna need his time to get just casually crushed by one of the big guys, just to own the French some more

It'll get beaten by Pinot just for Roglic to take 2 minutes off it.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Pinot is still in this?!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Smirr posted:

Pinot is still in this?!

TT goes through his home town.

Would have been amazing to see him do well, seems like such a cool dude
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFUEoBBH0rX/?igshid=15mwy6lozzrjn

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Smirr posted:

Pinot is still in this?!

If he's not the guy who wrote his name across the road 15 times in a row wasted a lot of time and effort.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
come on the big peen

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Pinot seems like a guy who probably cries at a lot of movies

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Withnail posted:

Pinot seems like a guy who probably cries at a lot of movies

He seems like a guy whos saddles pointing too far downwards based on his constant shoving backwards every 4 pedal strokes.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Pinot bringing his parents fresh bread and a paper every morning when they were sick :unsmith:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Oh man, he's still doing it. I thought he might settle in at some point

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Someone did a last minute adjustment they shouldn't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Dont worry flag guy, TT bikes are famously stable so feel free to let Pinot and a camera bike crash through it.