Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

fart simpson posted:

degloving does it for me

i saw this up close once when i worked construction

we were up on a gantry and i had to get the guy back onto a scissorlift as he bled everywhere. dude ended up losing his first two fingats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

haveblue posted:

it was a good joke

thank you very much

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

I'm sorry but I must insist that my joke be recognized.

I recognize this joke

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i saw this up close once when i worked construction

we were up on a gantry and i had to get the guy back onto a scissorlift as he bled everywhere. dude ended up losing his first two fingats

when I worked construction I got my right thumb crushed between some really really heavy poo poo. it hurt so loving bad but I couldn't freak out because poo poo was falling. my thumb was okay, but it hurt so loving bad, and when I took my work glove off I thought my thumb was going to be split down the middle. taking my glove off to check my thumb was so terrifying

I thought I was going to take my glove off and my thumb would be split down the middle like a sausge

SmokaDustbowl fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 19, 2020

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

face/off hosed me up as a kid

never actually rewatched it so I don't know if it's a good movie or not but I'm assuming it's nicolas cage levels of bad in an era where john travolta didn't have to give a poo poo about anything other than increasing his thetans lmao

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kazinsal posted:

face/off hosed me up as a kid

never actually rewatched it so I don't know if it's a good movie or not but I'm assuming it's nicolas cage levels of bad in an era where john travolta didn't have to give a poo poo about anything other than increasing his thetans lmao

it's actually good and I can't say it holds up, but it's so loving stupid and 100% worth a rewatch

it's the only good american john woo film

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

face/off is a good bad movie broken arrow is a bad good movie mission impossible 2 is a bad bad movie

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

face/off is a good bad movie broken arrow is a bad good movie mission impossible 2 is a bad bad movie

I've been thinking of watching broken arrow again, but I'd rather watch something good instead lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I can't watch anything with steven segal or tom cruise because I hate their faces

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I can't watch anything with steven segal or tom cruise because I hate their faces

have you seen Edge of Tomorrow? its probably the onyl good cruise movie bc he also dies a bazillion times, genuinely also a really fun movie; aside from Collateral.

i totally agree otherwise

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

have you seen Edge of Tomorrow? its probably the onyl good cruise movie bc he also dies a bazillion times, genuinely also a really fun movie; aside from Collateral.

i totally agree otherwise

lol yes I only kept watching because he gets owned over and over. that's a rude thing to admit to but I don't like tom cruise

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol yes I only kept watching because he gets owned over and over. that's a rude thing to admit to but I don't like tom cruise

by far the best part of that movie. I saw it in theatres because my buddy was like "it's based on a really good light novel" and I thought, okay, he's not some kinda weird tentacles anime pervert, so I'll give it a go and by the halfway mark I was trying to guess the next way that tom cruise would get the dianetics ripped out of him

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kazinsal posted:

by far the best part of that movie. I saw it in theatres because my buddy was like "it's based on a really good light novel" and I thought, okay, he's not some kinda weird tentacles anime pervert, so I'll give it a go and by the halfway mark I was trying to guess the next way that tom cruise would get the dianetics ripped out of him

I don't read light novels it's all isekai harry potter bullshit

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
A Router Fell On My Head And Killed Me Now My Operating System Is a Piece Of poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

A Router Fell On My Head And Killed Me Now My Operating System Is a Piece Of poo poo

and its western action film adaptation, JUNIPER OF TOMORROW

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5U769Ey9ak

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Kazinsal posted:

i liked the part where the mean lady told mission impossible that you can't cum the time travel into someone and stopped him right in his tracks lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
doesn't she specifically tell him she already tried that

also the best part is the little eye rolls she does every time she has to euthanize him in robot training

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i just remembered that torchwood existed due to an nmn snipe in another thread. jesus that show was terrible

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Achmed Jones posted:

i just remembered that torchwood existed due to an nmn snipe in another thread. jesus that show was terrible
better or worst than doctor who, a show so bad it could easily pass as a cruel imitation by jocks of what nerds like

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Uptime Sinclair posted:

better or worst than doctor who, a show so bad it could easily pass as a cruel imitation by jocks of what nerds like

worse. much, much worse.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
that sounds pretty bad

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i knew a guy who was going to buy a new car. He fancied himself a captain of industry dork that was all into the Capitalism.

He made a spreadsheet of MSRP and Horsepower and a third column that was column A divided by column B, and sorted low to high on column C

and then blindly went and bought that

And that's how this dude I worked with bought a brand new Chevy HHR, which blew the turbo 5k miles in.

Anyways he was really into Torchwood. That's the point of the story.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

i knew a guy who was going to buy a new car. He fancied himself a captain of industry dork that was all into the Capitalism.

He made a spreadsheet of MSRP and Horsepower and a third column that was column A divided by column B, and sorted low to high on column C

and then blindly went and bought that

And that's how this dude I worked with bought a brand new Chevy HHR, which blew the turbo 5k miles in.

Anyways he was really into Torchwood. That's the point of the story.
it really came together in the end.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

msrp lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Uptime Sinclair posted:

lol drat

though it was funny watching an entire cohort of nerds learn that they didn't actually like doctor who, just david tennant

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Uptime Sinclair posted:

doctor who, a show so bad it could easily pass as a cruel imitation by jocks of what nerds like

its so fuckin bad

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
you could probably rile up dr. who nerds by telling them that the best episodes are the ones they'll never be able to watch, because the bbc recorded other stuff over the master tapes.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
The local PBS showed Blackadder and Red Dwarf after Austin City Limits, followed by Doctor Who. I once saw the one with the kiddo with the gas mask asking “are you my mummy” and noped the gently caress out so goddamn hard.

:shudder:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Uptime Sinclair posted:

I was watching it because I liked dr who well enough and torchwood was still too awful to deal with.

hurts to admit that but we all have skeletons in the closet

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

The local PBS showed Blackadder and Red Dwarf after Austin City Limits, followed by Doctor Who. I once saw the one with the kiddo with the gas mask asking “are you my mummy” and noped the gently caress out so goddamn hard.

:shudder:

we got the english pervert (are you being served, one foot in the geave) shows instead of dr who after red dwarf and blakadder

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i liked the part where the mean lady told mission impossible that you can't cum the time travel into someone and stopped him right in his tracks lol

i forgot about this scene so i just rewatched the movie and lol yeah that owned. i didn't intend to watch the whole thing but ended up happening. still a good movie

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

we got the english pervert (are you being served, one foot in the geave) shows instead of dr who after red dwarf and blakadder

Those were Sunday afternoon by us (before Laurence Welk, after which was Red Green).

Sunday night was Keeping Up Appetences then Masterpiece Theater (rerun).

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rotor posted:

its so fuckin bad

i mean everyone has their fandom but its like if season 3 tos became a franchise now

what if spocks brain but its in a watch

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Torchwood was literally unwatchable. GIS "torchwood cyberwoman", or better yet, don't.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

for the record ive not seen much old who so i presume it was more low budget bbc fun intentionally or otherwise

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I noped out of torchwood when the main dude and main lady were hiding from a monster and she said "i can feel your hard on"

actually I think that was in like the first episode or two and I gave it 4 or 5 before checking out. idk

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
tardis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Doom Mathematic posted:

GIS "torchwood cyberwoman", or better yet, don't.

i did it. lol