Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Happy birthday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Happy birthday ei

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Happy happy!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I already said it. don't act like i didn't say it

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Cavauro posted:

I already said it. don't act like i didn't say it

i'm sorry about the quote i accidentally quoted you instead of the right person

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Happy birthday, vowel hero.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

inception is the worst movie i've watched the most times

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pen15 season 2 at midnight

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

pen15 season 2 at midnight

is that the European name for mario 3d all stars

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

No, troller

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pen15 is very funny everyone should watch it. Yer my country girl

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

No, troller

i’m making the sound that this fella makes now 😡

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know what sound that makes. is it that sound where you turn a thing upside down and it goes "weeeeeeoooooooooowwwwwww", then you turn it upside down again and it goes "weeeeeooooooooooowwww" again.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i don't know what sound that makes. is it that sound where you turn a thing upside down and it goes "weeeeeeoooooooooowwwwwww", then you turn it upside down again and it goes "weeeeeooooooooooowwww" again.

Honestly yea but with a lot of Vibrato because you shake the feller to get the sound so it’s like

the feller posted:

weUhweUhweUhooUhooUhwwUhww

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The best type of Ghibli movies are the ones about pretty little airplanes. Porco Rosso, The Wind Rises, im sure there's others.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

The best ones have Michael Keaton in them

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry I missed the happy birthday, I hope it was an amazing one.

I just found out my favorite podcast ever is ending out of nowhere and not coming back and it never got anything approaching a finale and I just can't deal. I've tried looking for other podcasts in the same genre (D&D AP) and to me they all just pale in comparison. They're all either too goofy or too serious. I've yet to find one that strikes the same balance that Sneak Attack did. This loving sucks.

It genuinely feels like someone/something died. :smith:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Used to think if you didn't get inside of Peach's castle in under like 15 seconds or something in Mario 64 Bowser would jump out of the front window and kill you irl. Still kinda think that.

Just popped in Mario 3D All Stars. Can confirm I still get scared. He's up there, waiting...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

send me a code for Mario 3D All-Stars, in my pm inbox

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

NienNunb posted:

Just popped in Mario 3D All Stars. Can confirm I still get scared. He's up there, waiting...
Emulated game, real FEAR

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

Emulated game, real FEAR

Its the Japanese version too where half of Mario's jump noises sound weird and wrong. Not happy about 64

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Can you still do the green demon challenge?

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm sorry I missed the happy birthday, I hope it was an amazing one.

I just found out my favorite podcast ever is ending out of nowhere and not coming back and it never got anything approaching a finale and I just can't deal. I've tried looking for other podcasts in the same genre (D&D AP) and to me they all just pale in comparison. They're all either too goofy or too serious. I've yet to find one that strikes the same balance that Sneak Attack did. This loving sucks.

It genuinely feels like someone/something died. :smith:

it's the obvious suggestion but have you listened to the adventure zone yet? it's a nice balance for me between the two, but i'm also very into Dumb poo poo so it might be too comedy-focused for what you want

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sk posted:

it's the obvious suggestion but have you listened to the adventure zone yet? it's a nice balance for me between the two, but i'm also very into Dumb poo poo so it might be too comedy-focused for what you want

Yes and it's GOOD, but still pales, and there's a LOT in there that I feel like they feel is way funnier than it actually is, ngl

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

You listened to naddpod?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

The upcoming Mario motion picture in 2022 is actually just a reimagining of Ringu.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Yo this year does not stop. F.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

2020 is the equivalent of passing a kidney stone at this point.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Looks at news

sighs

mixes vodka and tequila

CHUG

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I knew in my heart that Ginsburg was going to die before Trump left. I'm never going to quit drinking at this rate.

And Jokic just got his 4th foul to open the second half shits just piling on.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

You listened to naddpod?

Got like, part of one episode in and stopped, but it's not b/c I found it horrible, just didn't grab me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just go the overwhelming feeling everything will be okay. I might be dumb as hell but I might also be a prophet. Please do not hate me if it's the former.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

In the waning years of 2016 I tried to find things I could hope for in the wake of overwhelming despair. Absolutely none of those things have come to pass. None of them. At all.
People keep trying to tell me that humans are not intrinsically malevolent but when you see the state of the world, not just now but always, how can you possibly believe otherwise? And even if I'm wrong all that means is that good people are ultimately powerless to change the world.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I work with children and they give me hope for both humanity and the world. I can basically only believe in people/kids being good or my work is pointless

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ChrisBTY posted:

And even if I'm wrong all that means is that good people are ultimately powerless to change the world.
Historical trends have pushed us away from world wars, feudalism, serfs and slavery on the most part. And Capitalism has been a lovely scam for hundreds of years, so it's not new, and the death of the nobility is far beyond the frustrating disparity in wealthy.

Are things where they should be? No, not really. Are things better now than 50, 100, 200, 2000 years ago? For people living the west - and most of the world - absolutely.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ChrisBTY posted:

In the waning years of 2016 I tried to find things I could hope for in the wake of overwhelming despair. Absolutely none of those things have come to pass. None of them. At all.
People keep trying to tell me that humans are not intrinsically malevolent but when you see the state of the world, not just now but always, how can you possibly believe otherwise? And even if I'm wrong all that means is that good people are ultimately powerless to change the world.

It depends what you consider change. I've literally helped draft legislation that establishes October as Disability History Month in all public schools, for example. It's not honored how it should be, but it's there. It's legally binding. Is that work useless? Is it not change? You tell me. It's not some goddamn earth shattering, paradigm shifting change, but much like how I feel about November, if that's the way we look at it, we're missing the point. We'll waste all our time and potential to do good mired in despair and paralyzed by waiting for a flash point big enough, instead of working on hundreds of tiny ones that all coalesce.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Climate change will undo any progress and the idea it’s not too late to fix that is just not realistic. So I take solace in the fact that in my lifetime we will all be redistributed through the cosmos onto the next journey of consciousness hopefully it will be a beautiful one or at least interesting.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If people want to post about how life is meaningless and everything is awful and nothing can ever be fixed... then don't. It's unhealthy and only leads to lovely threads full of despair posting, and there are other places you can go do that, it's not happening here.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

If people want to post about how life is meaningless and everything is awful and nothing can ever be fixed... then don't. It's unhealthy and only leads to lovely threads full of despair posting, and there are other places you can go do that, it's not happening here.
Agreed and thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

would any of you guys be interested in another mafia game for g1 season? this game will be more standard than the last FIGHT ISLAND mafia game, so no cultists or millers or anything