Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

idonotlikepeas posted:

MHA has canonically trans characters in it, which is pretty good as far as manga/anime goes. Hell, I can't, offhand, think of any other even vaguely mainstream piece of media that has sympathetic trans characters in it.

Of course, Sleepless Domain is over here with Tessa the Token Straight.

One Piece has sympathetic trans characters. Sometimes it misses the mark, especially with Sanji, but I think Oda's heart is generally in the right place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

idonotlikepeas posted:

MHA has canonically trans characters in it, which is pretty good as far as manga/anime goes. Hell, I can't, offhand, think of any other even vaguely mainstream piece of media that has sympathetic trans characters in it.

Of course, Sleepless Domain is over here with Tessa the Token Straight.

One of my favorite MHA scenes with the villains was when the two League members angrily corrected that guy on Magne's pronouns. You're not wrong.

But yeah SD is a firm adherent to the philosophy that characters should be queer unless you've got a compelling reason to make them straight. Man, I hope this comic is getting worldwide attention, because it's some of the best magical girl media out there.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I know the first print collection got a French release. Not sure about anywhere else

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
It got a successful Kickstarter for the first volume, I have it sitting in my library.

Of course that's different from being picked up by an actual publisher, but still.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I feel so, so bad for Undine. :(

Hope they kill goops in the end.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Ragnar34 posted:

One of my favorite MHA scenes with the villains was when the two League members angrily corrected that guy on Magne's pronouns. You're not wrong.

But yeah SD is a firm adherent to the philosophy that characters should be queer unless you've got a compelling reason to make them straight. Man, I hope this comic is getting worldwide attention, because it's some of the best magical girl media out there.

Following firm in the Utena philospohy that everyone is bi because that makes for the most complicated love polygons.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Jury is not bi, neither is Shiori, this is a pretty important plot point (in the show, I get the sense the anime did not do🤺 justice).

I think those are the only characters I’m aware of that aren’t though.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Even in death an ambigious state of existance Cass is able to ruin everything.
Her ability wasn't to cut her self in half, that was just a biproduct of her actual ability, to be human marmite.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Cass was is very divisive.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Bud winking poses so many questions.

And she totally knows about Undine and Kokoro.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hover text: "I will not be taking questions as to how the last panel works GOODBYE"

Perfect

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Posting here to express my support of that powerful wink

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Bud rules.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Before I knew Bud’s name and Vedika’s face I thought the scene talking about Vedika’s powers were actually about Bud, and thought she got all her intel by passive mind reading. Turns out she’s just that good, and I’m here for it.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
My theory about how she knows so much about what goes on at night is still that she has reconnaissance powers that compliment her laser powers. But I would also accept that her gossip abilities are entirely mundane and need no explanation. That would maybe even be preferable.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Back when we first saw her reporting that Undine was looking for a team and Lime had a boyfriend, that's all information she could have got from a single chat with the twins!

She's just got a good network. Presumably heard from Kokoro's fans that she called Undine her partner.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

nimby posted:

Cass was is very divisive.

I miss her sharp whit and her cutting repartees. She had a piercing insight and knew how to cut through the bullshit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah but she was a bit edgy.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm in two minds about her honestly

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Cassidy is dead and you're all in here cutting up, the shear disrespect.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
When it comes to Cassidy it's really a tale of two halves.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

TheHan posted:

Cassidy is dead and you're all in here cutting up, the shear disrespect.

No need to get snippy!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Let's toast to her memories.

Shears!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That’s enough, y’all, cut it out.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Sleepless Domain: Schrodinger's Cas

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Schrodinger? I 'ardly know 'er!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Cassidy puns aside, I like the little chibi look in the third panel. It's very cute. Looks like something you could assemble out of lego figures or something.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Cassidy puns aside, I like the little chibi look in the third panel. It's very cute. Looks like something you could assemble out of lego figures or something.
https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1309132337972744197?s=20

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Maybe this is mean, but aside from the dot eyes and simpler shading the chibi look appears pretty much the same as Mary's normal style to me.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Nah I don't think it' mean, it's pretty neat that her style translates into chibi style so smoothly. It usually sticks out to me when most anime do it since characters tend to be rail thin, and I like how it blends in naturally here.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kind of impressed how quickly Mary got out the second page this week.

It's time to play the blame game! Who is really at fault? I'm gonna make an out-there vote for Miss Nasri, since if she hadn't booked Kokoro to be too busy to turn up to the club Cassidy would never have confronted Undine

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Undine, what you're feeling right now is called survivor guilt and it's why these girls need therapists.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The kids are alright but quick to forget Cassidy did basicly pull a knife out on 'dine.

Course, the creepiest thing to happen right now would be for her to show up and be just fine

PMush Perfect posted:

Undine, what you're feeling right now is called survivor guilt and it's why these girls need therapists.

To be fair it's been stated that there are theropists (and meds) involved, just how much 'dine is engaging with that in lieu of Goops Huntin', however, has not been disclosed.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Sep 27, 2020

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
That hover text... :allears:

quote:

Wow, I can't believe HP is finally admitting to being Goops all along!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ConanThe3rd posted:

The kids are alright but quick to forget Cassidy did basicly pull a knife out on 'dine.

Course, the creepiest thing to happen right now would be for her to show up and be just fine

To be fair it's been stated that there are theropists (and meds) involved, just how much 'dine is engaging with that in lieu of Goops Huntin', however, has not been disclosed.

There are therapists and meds involved for HP. Undine has explicitly copped to using neither of those things to Zoe. Which is a large part of the problem.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Undine told her manager back in chapter 14 that she is seeing a therapist now. Of course, this current situation has unfolded so fast she hasn't had a chance to talk to them about it.

Meanwhile
https://twitter.com/krekalie/status/1309476347488608256

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 27, 2020

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Undine told her manager back in chapter 14 that she is seeing a therapist now. Of course, this current situation has unfolded so fast she hasn't had a chance to talk to them about it.

Meanwhile
https://twitter.com/krekalie/status/1309476347488608256

Turns out vedika was the TRUE secret bitch smh

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Magical Girl marketing is so strong that you almost forget there was a mortality rate before Goops started ramping things up.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

There are therapists and meds involved for HP. Undine has explicitly copped to using neither of those things to Zoe. Which is a large part of the problem.

Fair enough. I wasn’t sure if I was making up stuff that happened between the end of the prologue (ch 2) and the story proper.

TheHan posted:

Magical Girl marketing is so strong that you almost forget there was a mortality rate before Goops started ramping things up.

Oh yeah no, this place was a Hell Dimension long before the HP Lovecraft sludge gained sentience and started picking targets.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Sep 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
https://twitter.com/krekalie/status/1311197752198533121