Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Mario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Im starting with Super Mario 64 going for 120 :bern101: I am bringing years of Maro experience to the table, and documenting my journey thustly.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Skylark posted:

Im starting with Super Mario 64 going for 120 :bern101: I am bringing years of Maro experience to the table, and documenting my journey thustly.

I’m doing the same! Good luck gamer!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im currently playing super mario galaxy 2 for the first time. got 30 something stars i think, which really isn't a lot when you think about it

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

'Nuff said

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
The first oddity in or Museum of the Weird && Freaking Strange... I am quite sure that I lost this Penguin Race, but it was counted as a win. :pwn: On this recording of the enigmatic race, you can click the ⚙ and change the playback speed to 0.25x to see for yourself. What forces are at work here? The Big Penguin Race Wikipedia entry seems to make no mention of such... irregularities.......

https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryVibrantSkunkSpicyBoy

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
And this feat simply defies explanation:
https://clips.twitch.tv/CorrectEnthusiasticGuanacoFloof

But, It happened. :riker: According to first-hand interviews conducted by Robert Tralins

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Things i am hype for when I get to Super Mario Sunshine:

• The sunset beach haunted hotel level w cool Boos and secret passages
  • Noki Bay (?) pretty vertical level with crazy high-up platforming
  • Theme park level
  • Npcs in levels are epic.. There was a cool hard nighttime Pianta village level i wanna see again
  • Sw33t hub world
  • Piantas are rlly cute
  • Colorful yoshis

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Ive been getting some 100-coin stars while im off-stream and the Jolly Roger Bay one is kind of brutal lowkey!! On my first try, when I hit the blue coin switch (which makes a handful of blue coins appear for a limited time, and then theyre gone and you can't try again w/o leaving and restarting the level), i wasnt sure where the coins were goign to spawn, and I ended up running the wrong way and missing one of them before time ran out. I figured I would still be able to scrounge up 100 coins if I collect everything else on the level, even having missed that one blue coin (worth 5). I ended up with 99 and looked it up and omg.. There are only exactly 104 coins on Jolly Roger Bay, so if you miss one of the blue coins, you're outta luck!! Savage

I had to restart & do it over... But you know we got it!!! Progress report:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this freaking penguin is kicking my rear end and it's making me flash back to when i was a kid and my dad would love to play the penguin race course and he could never beat that bastard.

have i lost my gamer's youth?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lol i literally went and put it in the dock to use the pro controller and beat it on the first try

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Alright... Im not going to be toxic abt this.

Dont worry zoomers.. If you prefer playing this 3d platformer using 4-direction digital controls, just like on the DS, they made it support the D-pad for some reason. Who am I to tell you which is the better way to play. Sorry that the Mario characters' bodies won't creepily morph into one another too.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

chills

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Skylark posted:

Dont worry zoomers.. If you prefer playing this 3d platformer using 4-direction digital controls, just like on the DS, they made it support the D-pad for some reason. Who am I to tell you which is the better way to play. Sorry that the Mario characters' bodies won't creepily morph into one another too.

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Skylark posted:

lol

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
the first thing i noticed was different in mario 64 was that if mario gets far enough away from the "camera" it switches to his low-detail model. but something about the way the camera zooms out in the fight with king bob-omb makes it happen when the camera is way closer so you can really see that crappy model. i love stuff like that

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

i love to see the artifacts of game development even in games that are so meticulously polished and perfect as mario. nintendo ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sleater-cummy posted:

the first thing i noticed was different in mario 64 was that if mario gets far enough away from the "camera" it switches to his low-detail model. but something about the way the camera zooms out in the fight with king bob-omb makes it happen when the camera is way closer so you can really see that crappy model. i love stuff like that

Yeah it’s especially noticeable now because of the higher resolution. It’s pretty funny

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Suuuper enjoying the fludd-less challenge courses in Sunshine. Feeling the awe and fear when the camera first zooms out showing the epic course, going Ohhh shiittttt, and then dialing it in, trying to keep it together, and exploding with happiness when i finally reach the Shine

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

Suuuper enjoying the fludd-less challenge courses in Sunshine. Feeling the awe and fear when the camera first zooms out showing the epic course, going Ohhh shiittttt, and then dialing it in, trying to keep it together, and exploding with happiness when i finally reach the Shine

Yeah those are great, I'm glad they were able to sneak in some fun stuff into that game.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Leadthumb posted:

Yeah those are great, I'm glad they were able to sneak in some fun stuff into that game.

ugh

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gonna pick this up next week when I get paid. Never played any 3D Marion except galaxy so gonna play these before odyssey

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

Leadthumb posted:

nice opinion. where did you get it. the baby jackass mall

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

yeah, like most of the game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

unfun thigs in sunshine:

1) blue coins
2) electric manta
3) the poison flowers
4)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
hm, just did the electric manta fight and it was fun and only took like 2 or 3 mins. i hope everyone else has a similarly good time

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

HolePisser1982 posted:

I love them

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

hm, just did the electric manta fight and it was fun and only took like 2 or 3 mins. i hope everyone else has a similarly good time

that fight drove friggin nuts as a kid and i'm glad you beat it quickly

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
As soon as I dropped into Bianco Hills I made a beeline for the top of the windmill because I thought Petey Pirhana was the first shine.

There's a dancing Pianta at the top who says something like "Are you sure you're supposed to be here already?" which I thought was pretty funny.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ruffini posted:

As soon as I dropped into Bianco Hills I made a beeline for the top of the windmill because I thought Petey Pirhana was the first shine.

There's a dancing Pianta at the top who says something like "Are you sure you're supposed to be here already?" which I thought was pretty funny.

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Gonna pick this up next week when I get paid. Never played any 3D Marion except galaxy so gonna play these before odyssey

it’s like christmas levels of joy having multiple mario games to dive into. i havent played Galaxy yet but i’m beyond stoked, though i might save it for last, we’ll see

Ruffini posted:

haha cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Mario

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

How do you pronounce Mario?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cockashocka posted:

How do you pronounce Mario?

Mario

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

this

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

HolePisser1982 posted:

it’s like christmas levels of joy having multiple mario games to dive into. i havent played Galaxy yet but i’m beyond stoked, though i might save it for last, we’ll see

haha cool

like you haven't played it ever or just in this collection yet? if the former then you are lucky

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Galaxy's cool and, incredibly, they remapped the waggle spin to a button instead of just getting the rom and an old version of project 64 from emuparadise like they did with mario64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

like you haven't played it ever or just in this collection yet? if the former then you are lucky

havent played it ever. its gonna be sick