Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is it better than living mas
yes
no
beige
goku
View Results

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
:toot:

I guess getting fries with burritos isn't that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020
Potato oles were good

Sounds kinda racist for taco johns tho

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
The one dollar chicken finger tacos are pretty decent.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Derpies posted:

The one dollar chicken finger tacos are pretty decent.

the habanero one is very good for a dollar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Haven't been to one in 10 years and it was the one that was in downtown San Francisco. I remember their chicken tacos being pretty good. And one of the cheaper options around for someone working retail in loving downtown San Francisco.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Those chicken finger tacos are just kinda sad. Big microwaved food energy there.

Thankfully pretty much everything else on the menu remains dope af

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
The food is just fresher. That 8 layer burrito is amazing. That bean and cheese rice burrito is a dollar too as it rightfully should be.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anybody win any of those gift cards today? I checked way too late...

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

im freaking the heck out posted:

The food is just fresher. That 8 layer burrito is amazing. That bean and cheese rice burrito is a dollar too as it rightfully should be.

It is, I prefer the taco bell meat slurry for some reason but I think that is just conditioning. The Del Taco meat actually tastes like it was maybe cooked in a store.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Del Taco 100% does the basic stuff miles better - quesadillas, burritos, tacos. The nachos are a tossup though. Their hot sauce is way more flavorful than fire/diablo from the bell. Not hotter, really, but just better on everything.

That loving cheesy gordita crunch though. TB specialties are killer.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Has anyone tried the Del Taco Burger?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Del Taco with Taco Time's tater tots Mexi-fries would be the best thing ever.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Derpies posted:

Has anyone tried the Del Taco Burger?

The Double Del? It's surprisingly good!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Most fast food places on like Postmates/Ubereats/doordash/whatever up their delivery prices or cut certain deals from them but Del Taco does not which means you have to order a lot of food to avoid the < $15 fee. I basically get lunch for the next day as well.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cross-Section posted:

Yeah I don't get it that often because it's not usually what I'm in the mood for if I'm going to Del Taco, but it is definitely good.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I love Del Taco. I own Del Taco socks. I've been to the Del taco headquarters and done the taste test for new products. I am a Del Taco enthusiast.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

isn't del taco that weird mexican place that gives you tater tots as a side :confused:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

kloa posted:

isn't del taco that weird mexican place that gives you tater tots as a side :confused:

No Del Taco has crinkle cut fries and a surprisingly good burger

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Anyone ever eat at the original Barstow location? Their barstow tacos have little tomato hats :3:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

FCKGW posted:

Anyone ever eat at the original Barstow location? Their barstow tacos have little tomato hats :3:

I dont think it was the original one in Barstow, but I've been to the Barstow Del Taco thats right off the freeway while on the way to Vegas from SoCal. They definitely give you more meat etc. on their food than other Del Taco locations. Its great.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012
I love Potato Oles from Taco John's, but there's just something about the fresh tortillas and cheddar on Del Taco quesadillas that no other Mexican fast food has ever been able to match. That's why I make an effort to hit up Del Taco, in addition to In-n-Out, every time I go home to California for a visit.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i wish del taco would unlock all the customization options on the app/website. they have just as many sauces etc. as t.bell but you can only increase/reduce things on the existing item (or in a few rare cases replace a sauce with another sauce)

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

“Go Bold” is the secret phrase that pays

Gets you French fries and whatever sauce they use on their chicken tacos, crammed into whatever food of your choice for only ~40 cents more

Turns the bean and cheese burrito to one of the best cheap eats on the menu

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

fortune favors the bold

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Del Taco is giving away a free “ Del Taco” (their deluxe hardshell) today in their app.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Today Del Taco has a CYBER MONDAY deal where you buy a $100 gift card you get 8 FREE COMBO MEALS. A $58 value! W0W!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Get some tamales before it's too late!!

FCKGW posted:

Today Del Taco has a CYBER MONDAY deal where you buy a $100 gift card you get 8 FREE COMBO MEALS. A $58 value! W0W!
This is actually tempting.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

tetsuo posted:

Get some tamales before it's too late!!
This is actually tempting.

I do it every year. The free combo coupons expire in March but if you eat as much Del Taco as I do it should be no problem.

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
I had some Del Taco tamales today for the first time, they were great!

The habanero crispy chicken tacos are also great

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
The Tamales are great, had it with the burger And a steak burrito and didn't get judged at all.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Cross-Section posted:

I agree. It’s really not bad.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I had a queso carne asada epic burrito yesterday it was very good you should go to Del Taco and get one and put it in your mouth.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

There are now 6 del tacos located within a 5 mile radius of me

Truly, this is the good life :pray:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Had Del Taco twice today :c00l:

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Released their Honey Mango sauce for the chicken tenders.

:thunk: Gonna try this out. Will be interesting to see how honey mango tendies pair with cheddar and sour cream I guess?

Trip Report

Tried it bare to start and it really confused my mouth. It wasn't bad; I didn't spit it out or anything but it didn't really mesh, if that makes sense.

Added some of their hot sauce and it made a world of difference; the smokiness of that and the bacon transformed the honey mango into more of a honey BBQ and the whole thing was fantastic.

Almost as good as the carne asada epic cali burrito, will definitely add it to the rotation.

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 14, 2021

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
I tried the honey mango crispy chicken taco and it wasn't great on its own. Added del scorcho and like tetsuo said, it makes a world of difference. I'll be trying the burrito and adding plenty of scorcho.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The crispy chicken is the most microwave-rear end fast food chicken I've had in a long while.

I love all the sauces, though

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

On the edge of my seat here

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
WHAT IS IT!!!!!!!!! I HAVE TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.chewboom.com/2021/02/10/del-taco-debuts-new-honey-mango-crispy-jumbo-shrimp-taco-alongside-new-2021-seafood-menu/