Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

can someone post the joey diaz birthday cake tweet please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/madflavor/status/995332080643944448?s=20

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

one of the all-time greats, thank you :tipshat:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

here's the whole convo with dana at the end of that fight, it happened as he was recording this vid, which is cool

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1307478996133621760?s=20

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Apparently Chimaev thought Holland worked at the hotel and asked Kevin to clean his room, so that probably explains why Holland wants to fight Khamzat

Mr Gorgon Holmes
Aug 1, 2007
Ask me about being possesed by the spirit of John Holmes
Dern looks kind of spent on the walkout

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mr Gorgon Holmes posted:

Yeah wtf she looks like a zombie

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Mr Gorgon Holmes posted:

She has ample energy reserves to tap into.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I assume the pools of blood on the canvas are from the prelims?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jason the Herzhog

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ouch that armbar

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Jessica Rose Clarke kneed the poo poo out of some lady's nose.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Jerusalem posted:

Ouch that armbar

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That loving ruled

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Best dern fight I've ever seen.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Markos deserved to lose that fight with that stupid gameplan

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Yea was during the Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Sarah Alpar. Knee right to the nose which ended up causing the ref to gently caress up the fight and have it continue for much longer so more blood!

Troy Queef posted:

Markos deserved to lose that fight with that stupid gameplan

Yea, its semi easier said then done but like don't go to the ground with Dern! I know she slipped and sort of just got into it but Black Beast that poo poo and get up

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

falling flat on your rear end to bait your opponent into going to the ground with you

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

how'd dern wind up on her rear end right away? I literally walked out of the room thinking nothing's going to happen in the first 5 seconds of WMMA and I definitely missed something

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

how'd dern wind up on her rear end right away? I literally walked out of the room thinking nothing's going to happen in the first 5 seconds of WMMA and I definitely missed something

Reckless kick into falling over combo

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

she went to kick and someone threw a skateboard into the octagon

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Isn't Dern from the US? Why is there a Brazilian flag next to her and she's talking in a thick accent? Or am I confusing her with someone else?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Oh god I forgot about McKenzie’s bizarre accent

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009

ccubed posted:

Felder got caught eating between fights after the Holland/Stewart fight.

https://twitter.com/felderpaul/status/1307480202210017280

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Eat This Glob posted:

Isn't Dern from the US? Why is there a Brazilian flag next to her and she's talking in a thick accent? Or am I confusing her with someone else?

She wants desperately to be brazilian I think

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

double negative posted:

she went to kick and someone threw a skateboard into the octagon

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Werdum had to go "oh no I'm totally hurt come finish me" to get Fedor to jump into his guard, Dern just needed to pratfall to get Markos to chase her to the ground

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Eat This Glob posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Npfa4i8ws5M

Also “It’s like a kneebar but on the arm”

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Eat This Glob posted:

She was born in the US. Her dad is Brazilian and I know she's spent a lot of time training in Brazil.

There's definitely been an evolution of her accent over time

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

butros posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Npfa4i8ws5M

Also “It’s like a kneebar but on the arm”

lol her inexplicable accent is probably why i remembered her name. i don't think I've seen her fight before

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

Theres videos on YouTube showing how hilarious her accent has become over the past few years. She's fake af.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Ryan Spann is walking out in a Brazilian jumper, and Johnny Walker is walking out with Misha Cirkunov.

This is gonna be a weird fight, right?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I think it was a fight in Brazil, where they brought in a translator for Dern (he translated the questions from English to Portuguese)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1uO25UnOak

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Johnny Walker is at SBG now? 2020 is weird

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Hahah

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Walker is so bad now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nice calm celebration this time, ahaha