Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yeah Psi-ops had (for the time) the best 'force throw' controls ever implemented
Ahem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij22vP3q6Y4

quote:

This is the trailer for Throw Trucks With Your Mind, a game that uses a brain-reading headset to give you telekinetic superpowers controlled with your thoughts.

Sadly I don't think anyone's made use of EKG headsets for gaming since that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the consumer grade poo poo had like 5 secs lag which is not acceptable for anything

Destroyenator
Dec 27, 2004

Don't ask me lady, I live in beer
i've lost my bootcamp windows password and i'm prepared to wipe the partition and start again but does anyone know if the default setup of steam disco elysium syncs saves anywhere cloud-ish?

that and my dungeonmans academy are the only things worth saving....

Destroyenator
Dec 27, 2004

Don't ask me lady, I live in beer
ah just found the '0 bytes stored' display on the 'updates' tab on the game settings :(

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

im gonna drop a hot take here

crysis isn't really that good of a game

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its the last high profile game-as-tech-demo

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
outside of the meme i've never seen or heard of it

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

If anyone ever played Hawken several years ago, there's a community-led revival of the game with community servers coming out. Multiplayer isn't ready yet, but you can play the training and bot portions, and they give you enough credits to buy all the stuff without having to grind the game.

http://www.hawakening.com

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

Also Mechwarrior: Living Legends released version 0.13.0 today.

https://mechlivinglegends.net/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

I saw it in my steam library recently and replayed it again on a lark and yeah it's not that great. Shorter than I remembered, too.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I was really pissed off by the "to be continued..." because I play games for the story.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

tbh i thought this was the commonly accepted truth

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

More like Crybadas

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I'm playing Hollow Knight again since it has like three new content updates and it's now goty 2020. it's so cute and well designed and I've died to the same boss a dozen times cause I'm terrible :getin:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

apparently there's another big war in eve online with like 50k people vs goonswarm. I'm almost tempted to pick it up again since nothing matters anymore so I may as well waste my time making some need angry (it's me!!)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

eve should be awesome but it's not :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Achmed Jones posted:

i once watched a goon play eve on-line (like...maybe 15 years ago?) for a while and it looked like the most boring thing you can do on a computer, and you can read my posts on a computer.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah that's p accurate

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
excel in space

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

that is also my experience with it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Finished the main story in CONTROL, that was a good game (even though I had to jump off a ledge and die / redo the last fight as a level trigger didn't load) and also the rematch with Dr. Tomasii was an absolute bitch until I figured a cheese for it. Also did a few side missions in the AWE add-on and got a unique mod for my 2-shot Pierce railgun that gives it instant charge instead of a second before you can shoot, it's a game changer and I'm blasting fools with it a lot now.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

it's one of those games like dwarf fortress that's better to read about than play

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

that is also my experience with it

someone described it as waiting 15 hours for 45 minutes of exciting play and thats not wrong. even then the big fleet actions i was in were almost meaningless since i was flying a modest ship

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Finished the main story in CONTROL, that was a good game (even though I had to jump off a ledge and die / redo the last fight as a level trigger didn't load) and also the rematch with Dr. Tomasii was an absolute bitch until I figured a cheese for it.

tomasii was a real b of a battle. as far as a boss fight that might as well be the real end boss for the base game

the last fight for foundation was a tough but fun one, though. the camera altered object is fun too

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

the server side of eve is (or at least used to be) written in python.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
so i knew the guy who sorta headed up the movement to get excel onto a webapp. this was 1999, and then after the ballmer transition ballmer went and lit a fire under his rear end personally

the method in which they hosed it up despite starting all the way back then was wanting feature for feature parity, also activex poo poo and com poo poo iirc

this has nothing to do w the backend lang but it amuses me terribly. dude worked on skype right after the acquisition and also sharepoint so hes responsible for a lotta human misery

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

:unsmigghh:

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Agile Vector posted:

someone described it as waiting 15 hours for 45 minutes of exciting play and thats not wrong. even then the big fleet actions i was in were almost meaningless since i was flying a modest ship

Eve online is really only fun when you understand exactly what is happening and it takes ages to get to that stage.

Flying in giant goonswarm fleets if loving boring if you don't get the significance of what you're doing (and sometimes there isn't any, lol at station camping and watching pubbies whinge).

But when it's good, it's unlike anything else. Commanding a fleet, fighting on a wormhole, coordinating bumps, coordinating logi, coordinating jumps, watching the enemy ships very slowly whittle away while your own squadmates desperately try everything to stay alive, knowing every call you make is the difference between victory and defeat, it's an absolute rush.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

*ahem* i think you mean stackless python

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lmao people always say that about eve, but even when you understand it and are Making a Difference it's still boring a f

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

yeah it's like buddha went through all sorts of stupid and extremely tedious and boring poo poo to come up with "maybe instead of large fries i should just take the normal fries" like man you can do that without all the meditation etc. poo poo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i think that comparison didn't really work but whatever you get my point

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

should've gone with aristotle tbh. it kinda works for middle way too but it's a bit more of a stretch. but it worked ok

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

except for eve the golden mean is none, none at all. it's like loving corpses*: the right amount is zero

*fine this is platos example not aristotles and it wasn't about moderation but shut up it's funny and weird that corpse-loving has ever been a topic of discussion in philosophy

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Achmed Jones posted:

lmao people always say that about eve, but even when you understand it and are Making a Difference it's still boring a f

nah unless you don't get any joy out of dumpstering someone or a group of people so hard they may quit the game

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

eve: a game so bad that the meta game is all that's left

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
eve is a great game to play when you are a smoker because you auto queue a bunch of warp jumps or whatever and then go outside and chain smoke

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It's weird how games that everyone agrees suck always end up with the most devoted players

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
stockholm syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

eve lets you get a little bit of psychopathy out in a virtual world full of other people who are using it to get a little bit of psychopathy out of their systems