Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

crepeface posted:

what's the record for eye pokes in a fight

probably held by jones unofficially

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yo i think that dude might be insane

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

A majority draw, Price cost himself that fight.

They have to figure out a way to eliminate eye pokes. That 3rd poke should have been another point off for price and a warning for Cowboy.

I hope Woodley has literally anything for Colby but he hasn't really shown up to any fight since Till and was barely aggressive during the two Wonderboy fights

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

remember when usman killed this dude

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
I do legitimately hate Colby but I gotta say, the Kurt Angle music is some excellent heel work

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
dollar store chael

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

KICK HIS rear end TYRON, MIZ, 314 BITCH

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Mr_Moose posted:

They have to figure out a way to eliminate eye pokes. That 3rd poke should have been another point off for price and a warning for Cowboy.

I hope Woodley has literally anything for Colby but he hasn't really shown up to any fight since Till and was barely aggressive during the two Wonderboy fights

Eye-pokes and outstretched fingers are fouls worthy of point deductions in the rules. The refs just carry on with this soft touch warning nonsense for the most part.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Former interim welterweight champion" is such a bullshit accolade, ahahaha.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Smash him into paste Tyron pls

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Please kill him tyron

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

covington is a trash person but his wrestling looks better than I realized

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

please knock his head off tyron

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lol tyron looks like dogshit already hahaha

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Woodley is approaching Paulo Filho levels of vacant stare

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Please throw some punches, Tyron.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
mfer already looks checked out

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Rooting for Tyron to win lately feels like rooting for Jones to lose

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
woodley's feints are such rubbish. that left hand he throws out and the level change crouch.

has he even ever landed a left jab?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I say this every time, but remember: the key to enjoying Colby Covington is imagining him as Hesh from Sealab 2021.

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

Covington looking really good winning easily. Woodly looks mentally out of it already.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Whats that lump on colbys back

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Whats that lump on colbys back

Probably staph

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

The Human Crouton posted:

I say this every time, but remember: the key to enjoying Colby Covington is imagining him as Hesh from Sealab 2021.

HESH WANTS SOME SEX

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

https://twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/1307505696489922560?s=20

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

I was really hoping for the Woodley that murdered Koscheck and Lawler

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Tyron's team need to make him train in an octagon with an electrified fence or something

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

maybe im not just a smart fight watcher or something but i feel like everyone i've seen fight colby except kamaru usman just like, gave up and barely tried to win

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Woodley looks like he just doesn’t want to be in the fight.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

JHomer722 posted:

I was really hoping for the Woodley that murdered Koscheck and Lawler

He seems like he gets that thousand yard stare the second the fight starts. That's been going on at least his last 4 or 5 fights I feel.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
imagine if tyrone had more than one hand

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Alaois posted:

maybe im not just a smart fight watcher or something but i feel like everyone i've seen fight colby except kamaru usman just like, gave up and barely tried to win

Colby’s good. He makes people work.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol he wants out of there bad

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FishBowlRobot posted:

Colby’s good. He makes people work.

i understand that but it just seems like the other person doesn't want to work!!! they just stop trying.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Lmao veteran stuff from tyron.

Mr Gorgon Holmes
Aug 1, 2007
Ask me about being possesed by the spirit of John Holmes
I was hoping Tyron would starch him and have a fire under his rear end but he just hasn’t . Hell wrestle even, do something

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God I hate this sport lol

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Alaois posted:

Effective pressure makes fights look like that. When your opponent has to constantly react to your offense or the threat of it then they usually get really tired/can't use their own offense. For someone like Woodley who has been gunshy for a while it is a really terrible match up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Combo posted:

He seems like he gets that thousand yard stare the second the fight starts. That's been going on at least his last 4 or 5 fights I feel.

It's bizarre to me that someone can reach championship level mma while simultaneously apparently having the least mental fortitude possible