Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lemon-Lime posted:

This was SF5 season 2 and people absolutely loathed it overall because they wanted their SF2/4 mains back.

No I said another 3, where the characters are cool and the game is actually fun, which isn't true about any season of SFV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

About just as many of the newcomers in 3 sucked.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

inthesto posted:

Just look at her walking animations

They're gross and oddly unsettling

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Chev posted:

Remember HD Remix? Or the leaked HD darkstalkers sprites? 2D from Capcom is likely to be something straight out of a photoshopped monkey paw with the wrong pixel ratio.

Oh yeah, I do remember HD Remix and it is highly likely that they will gently caress this up. I don't see 2.5D or 3D doing any better unfortunately, and in the case of SFV, it's one of my least favorite Street fighter games, especially how they handled the entire game.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
It's worth mentioning that HD Remix illustrations were done by Udon, but I also doubt any of the artists that worked on the good arcade stuff still work at Capcom.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Also if you think they're going to make a new SF game with mainly newcomers, you should look at 90% of current media, which is just revivals and sequels of old stuff.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Hace posted:

Also if you think they're going to make a new SF game with mainly newcomers, you should look at 90% of current media, which is just revivals and sequels of old stuff.

I don't think they will, I think they should.

I also think they should just get a new team to make it instead of Ono and DIMP's second string but they're not gonna do that either.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Honestly if they can just make them not look like weird meat golems I'll be happy

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Besides the original, sf5 is definately my least favorite. The characters look like poo poo. Whoever thought sexy play dough was a good ascethic is wrong.

My favorite will always be super turbo, and third strike is fun to watch. Alpha series is as close to anime as the series got, so I have a soft spot for it too, and the fact that I never really learned it makes it fun to play with less skilled players, where super turbo against someone who knows the tricks of the trade is no fun.

Sf4 is fine? Sf1 is complete trash admittedly.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Whoever thought sexy play dough was a good ascethic is wrong.

ah so that's where they went wrong with nidhogg 2

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AnonSpore posted:

They're gross and oddly unsettling

Turn on your monitor.

BAM!

Menat has a pretty distinctive look and actual personality in her animations. She's a better design than most characters in the series, frankly.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

All this SFV talk made me realize I haven't played it in quite a while, and all though the character models are pretty ugly, the game is good. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

Hot take here, Ed was a fun character and I hope he comes back. I could do all the charging and quarter circle moves, but it was kind of fun playing a character with a new simple control scheme that emphasized clean inputs, but had some flashy combos to go with it. That and I liked him as a character. So he's never showing up again, is he?

Edit: That and all the returning fighters felt like half of what they once were with half their original designs hidden behind lovely hitboxes and VSkill/Trigger and I had to play a newcomer to the series for the game to feel right.

lo carb Lo Pan fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 19, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Kolin's been a fun character to learn compared to the rest of the cast for me

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Dias posted:

Turn on your monitor.

BAM!

Menat has a pretty distinctive look and actual personality in her animations. She's a better design than most characters in the series, frankly.

So does Fang (and I actually really like Fang) but you don't see people saying they want him in SF6

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fang should be in sf6

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

AnonSpore posted:

So does Fang (and I actually really like Fang) but you don't see people saying they want him in SF6

F.A.N.G. is the only reason I played V early post-release.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
abel should be in sf6

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fangs game is extremely funny to play

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Countblanc posted:

abel should be in sf6

abel matches were insanely fun to watch during sf4

gently caress playing him though

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
fang can come back but only if his sleeves work like sleeves instead of like cones you put on a dog to keep him from biting his dick

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

fang can come back but only if his sleeves work like sleeves instead of like cones you put on a dog to keep him from biting his dick

But chastity sleeves to stop FANG from melting his own dick off every time he dwells a little too long about Lord Bison;s power is the most FANG thing ever and is now my new head canon.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

All these people failing to recognise the glory of the President of the World.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lord_Magmar posted:

All these people failing to recognise the glory of the President of the World.

Ah, yes. Q.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And now I want to play a Star Trek fighting game.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And now I want to play a Star Trek fighting game.

kirk's log cannon attack is OP as gently caress

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
his overhead is od

Barudak
May 7, 2007

pksd j.Darmok 2h Jalad Install 6s 6k Tanagra

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

personally i prefer o. picard. yeah he's missing the tommy gun but that just means you spend meter on summoning worf instead and his fundamentals are better

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Dust just makes them act funny while the camera goes flying.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
nerf Morn pls

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I get why they didn't give Archer a teleporter reversal like the rest of the cast but it just means you sit there getting block stringed in the corner for ages and its not like his offense is particularly good to make up for it.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
They need to buff Sisko.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Really wish they would stop adding only Picards and Kirks to the game.

Do we really need Picard, Mafia Picard, Robinhood Picard, Sherlock Picard AND Young Picard?

And don't get me started on the Kirks

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I still can't believe they put like three Discovery characters in and we still don't have Reginald Barclay. :(

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I kind of want this to be real now just for all the awesome backgrounds that could come out of it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Captain Ginyu but it's just all the characters Jeffery Combs played,

Except Weyoun who is his own series of characters. Weyoun 6 for life.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

I kind of want this to be real now just for all the awesome backgrounds that could come out of it.

download MUGEN and embark on a fun project

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Having both Data and Lore makes Melty Blood characters look distinguishable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

I still can't believe they put like three Discovery characters in and we still don't have Reginald Barclay. :(

They dev's said their just functions, but like do any of the other series even have systems diagnostic engineers if we don't get him?