Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zealander
Aug 3, 2006
Is there like a pill I can take to sustain me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
walnuts are OP.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
yeah there is op just suck it out of my rear end

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
thankfully life ends at some point

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I just melt a chocolate bar into a pint of vodka and drink it. I've done this twice a day for about three years now and while there are some adverse effects technically i'm still alive

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

It would be lifechanging if we could get something like Iron Man's fusion reactor in our chests to keep us going so we wouldn't have to eat or poop anymore. It's a noble endeavor that unfortunately will never be followed because people love eating and making GBS threads too much. It is tragic that it is humanity's most ignored utopian ideal to pursue.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
if you swallow a handful of bullets with the right* method you don't need to eat afterwards

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like eating and drinking but i could really do without pooping and peeing. especially peeing, as i'm getting old and have to do it more often.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i like eating and drinking but i could really do without pooping and peeing. especially peeing, as i'm getting old and have to do it more often.
youve been reading about piss jugs for years and its time to make it a reality

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just stare at the sun, the wellspring of all energy. If plants can do it why can't you?!

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
have you heard about the hideous sludge that is soylent

it's the ideal nutrition for people who are so broken they have lost the ability to enjoy one of the most basic pleasures, and also for people who don't have enough heavy metals in their bodies

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
There are starving people all over the world. Now open up your maw, I am coming in.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

TIRES OF EATING FOOD? BUY HUEL TO GET ALL YOUR NUTRITIONAL NEEDS.

I see these ads all the drat time even though the question of "tired of eating food?" has never once popped up in my brain. Who in their right mind looks at all the incredible food you can find on the world and goes "well actually, I am tired of eating all of this. Can't I just eat a mediocre tasting nutrient slurry that looks like bull semen and mud mixed together?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

You could try eating such a tremendous amount of seaweed that you eventually can do photosynthesis. It works for since obscure animal.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7eePF65T8o&t=90s

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
For some reason I find it difficult to eat during the day most of the time. Some days will be better than others but yeah, imagine having hunger pains and all the accompanying mood and energy changes but no desire to eat - or worse, eating seems actively unpleasant. I've been drinking Ensure/Boost type things practically daily for two years now because for some reason liquids are fine and even enticing.

I feel like poo poo perpetually lmao it's really funny

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Drink coffee and smoke cigarettes

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i dated a girl who really wanted not to eat food and she was going to subscribe to soylent and i told her just get the old people ensure things at least that's made by scientists. she had crazy ways of trying to control her relationship with food like fasting on water for a month or doing insane diets. ultimately i told her these are just different names for anorexia and she was very upset by this and in the end after like 3-4 months of couples counseling we broke up. the sad part is that she was so unbelievably hot when she would gain like 10 lbs from just eating normally, she had easily the nicest body of any woman i've ever been with during these times. what can i say about this relationship except that while things were difficult, we clearly loved each other and both tried really hard to keep that. anyways we haven't talked in like 3 years.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Hell Yeah posted:

i dated a girl who really wanted not to eat food and she was going to subscribe to soylent and i told her just get the old people ensure things at least that's made by scientists. she had crazy ways of trying to control her relationship with food like fasting on water for a month or doing insane diets. ultimately i told her these are just different names for anorexia and she was very upset by this and in the end after like 3-4 months of couples counseling we broke up. the sad part is that she was so unbelievably hot when she would gain like 10 lbs from just eating normally, she had easily the nicest body of any woman i've ever been with during these times. what can i say about this relationship except that while things were difficult, we clearly loved each other and both tried really hard to keep that. anyways we haven't talked in like 3 years.

After hooking up with a couple of model-skinny girls I stopped finding that look attractive at all. First off it's obviously unhealthy and not a "natural" state for a normal ambulatory woman, and second off they literally get like... boney vaginas and it's just not nearly as pleasant for sex.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Tumble posted:

After hooking up with a couple of model-skinny girls I stopped finding that look attractive at all. First off it's obviously unhealthy and not a "natural" state for a normal ambulatory woman, and second off they literally get like... boney vaginas and it's just not nearly as pleasant for sex.

Big butts are the best. Latina for maximum comfort.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Who doesnt love an ample shitter?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Son of Rodney posted:

I see these ads all the drat time even though the question of "tired of eating food?" has never once popped up in my brain. Who in their right mind looks at all the incredible food you can find on the world and goes "well actually, I am tired of eating all of this. Can't I just eat a mediocre tasting nutrient slurry that looks like bull semen and mud mixed together?

I've been thinking about replacing my lunches with something like this but I'm afraid it's gonna make me poo poo myself inside out or something.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Depends on the type of protein but it might make you rip powerful farts. I got some not great protein powder when I lifted weights and it was kind of a problem.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The_Continental posted:

Who doesnt love an ample shitter?

it's full

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Son of Rodney posted:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Have you tried getting AIDS?

My bad, I meant AYDS

Slothful Bong
Dec 2, 2018

Filling the Void with Chaos

Plant MONSTER. posted:

For some reason I find it difficult to eat during the day most of the time. Some days will be better than others but yeah, imagine having hunger pains and all the accompanying mood and energy changes but no desire to eat - or worse, eating seems actively unpleasant. I've been drinking Ensure/Boost type things practically daily for two years now because for some reason liquids are fine and even enticing.

Lol if this is true you prob got some chronic stomach issues. Awful tummies represent.

This has been my life for two decades, it fuckin sucks. Except I don’t get hunger pangs, so I go 22 hours feelin weird until I realize “oh poo poo I should probably put food inside me”. Sucks too, I can kinda remember a time where I enjoyed eating, but just barely so I don’t care much anymore.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Entorwellian posted:

It would be lifechanging if we could get something like Iron Man's fusion reactor in our chests to keep us going so we wouldn't have to eat or poop anymore. It's a noble endeavor that unfortunately will never be followed because people love eating and making GBS threads too much. It is tragic that it is humanity's most ignored utopian ideal to pursue.

It's amazing humanity hasn't solved for pooping, yet. shameful.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Being an alcoholic will make you not want to eat solid food and live off nothing but booze/ensure maybe give that a shot. You'll hardly have an appetite ever again if you're really givin'er!

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Zealander posted:

Is there like a pill I can take to sustain me?

Surprised this hasn't come up yet, but... why???

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Son of Rodney posted:

Why do these things always have lovely macro balance. If you have a 400kcal drink and it has less than 40g of protein it's literal junk food. I bet Huel is not as good as actual junk food like chocolate milk which has similar or even better macro & probably micro nutrients.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Khorne posted:

Why do these things always have lovely macro balance. If you have a 400kcal drink and it has less than 40g of protein it's literal junk food. I bet Huel is not as good as actual junk food like chocolate milk which has similar or even better macro & probably micro nutrients.

It seems like this one won't poison you the way Soylent does (maybe), so it's a process of refinement and gradual improvement.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I have a co-worker with some digestive issues, so he had a lot of issues eating. He tried out Soylent. I busted his chops about it but I decided to try it. He gave me pack and I made a quart of it. I chugged the whole thing right there at my desk. My coworkers recorded it. They said I slowly started to turn pale. My stomach felt so sick. I was messed up the rest of the day and had the best/worst farts.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Food is the devils food.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Speak with a healthcare professional so you can have your tumor removed

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Tell your doctor you need a calprotectin test.

I have Crohn's disease and what you describe comes close to the first symptoms I noticed. You might very well have a stricture somewhere in your upper GI tract, which a simple procedure can solve (they inflate a balloon in your stomach.) If it is a stricture and you don't do anything about it, eventually every single bite of food you take - no matter how small - will feel like swallowing broken glass. Ask me how I know.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm so thankful not to be a picky eater. They're missing out. Only downside is you have to watch your weight when so many things are delicious

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the quality of food has gone severely down during the quarantine
nearly every ingredient is now substituted, even in packaged foods
you will likely not eat as well as you did in 2019 for at least a decade, perhaps ever again

as a consequence the act of food consumption has become greedy in of itself
food is not needed more than once every few days yet we still insist on maintaining the energy consumption of "the past", aka that we require 3 meals a day for purposes of commuting and travel

this is not the reality we live in any more

if it weren't for the service economy propping banks up with liquidity it seems likely we would indeed be transitioning to jetsons pill food anytime in the next year or two

long story short: i agree with you, op.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Who What Now posted:

I've been thinking about replacing my lunches with something like this but I'm afraid it's gonna make me poo poo myself inside out or something.

Shakes or smoothies as a meal replacement are absolutely a thing and in fact I started making breakfast smoothies when I have little time and I want to eat healthy-ish. Like others have said there's also old people mixes that are healthy but propably don't taste good? When in doubt just get a blender, google some recipes and go to town. Protein powder, almond milk, bananas, some some fruit, some nuts and maybe a bit of oats all mixed together are pretty good. You can add some spinach or kale or whatever for extra health benefits.

Just don't buy soylent or huel or whatever, I can guarantee you it's cheaper, healthier and tastier to do something yourself.
'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
You can totally live off bone broth, green juices, and smoothies.

Soylent - Good god. Ugh.