Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Uptime Sinclair posted:

better or worst than doctor who, a show so bad it could easily pass as a cruel imitation by jocks of what nerds like

torchwood is dr who x 10. its really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Achmed Jones posted:

I noped out of torchwood when the main dude and main lady were hiding from a monster and she said "i can feel your hard on"

that joke worked better in jack of all trades but thats purely because that show knew the jokes were corny

Shaggar posted:

torchwood is dr who x 10. its really bad.

torchwood is dr why

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Agile Vector posted:

torchwood is dr why

lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I watched a few episodes of Who 4, Tom Baker for nostalgia's sake and I was at least entertained by his mad-eyed acting and the cardboard sets. Best Who (though not a high bar)

^^These guys, the Nimon were great, the poor actors were stuck in some terrible platform shoes and those huge top-heavy costumes.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

tom baker goes to 11 in a fun way and the grimdark new seasons miss a lot of that goofy energy

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

coworker who has this on their desk gets coworker-zoned forever

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrVfnqlTB88

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i am also cursed with this hair type

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

tom baker goes to 11 in a fun way and the grimdark new seasons miss a lot of that goofy energy

classic Doctor Who rules

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im watching berberian sound studio. I'm about halfway through and it is not very good

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the pizza and beer are pretty good though so I guess it's a win

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
the first like 2/3rda of edge of tomorrow is also a good antidote for action movie machismo because it shows how hillariously dangerous even really mundane stuff is. Try to roll under a truck? gently caress you it runs you over. Then it collapses into action movie bs, but there is at least the justification that he has gained an insane amount of combat experience through time travel

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

they missed a real opportunity to use the original book name all you need is kill

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
they all but renamed the movie LIVE DIE REPEAT because nobody knew what "edge of tomorrow" actually means

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jesus berberian sound studio was not good. it was all style and no substance except the style was just kinda boring and generic.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

the first like 2/3rda of edge of tomorrow is also a good antidote for action movie machismo because it shows how hillariously dangerous even really mundane stuff is. Try to roll under a truck? gently caress you it runs you over. Then it collapses into action movie bs, but there is at least the justification that he has gained an insane amount of combat experience through time travel
well.. yeah but it's at least explainable that he's probably died like 1,000,000 times. i never felt like 'oh no now its action movie time this sucks!' when watching i

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i thought it was interesting that they had a portion of the movie where the groundhog day victim could actually die for real

the premise that you've spent hundreds or thousands or more days in a row violently dying (or not having consequences) and then suddenly having to reverse that thinking is cool

reminds me of the time i spent all night playing GTA and then hopped in my car to grab breakfast and just baja'd over a concrete wheel stop and clipped a dumpster leaving the parking lot

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

same except I stole a jet because I was late to work

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I watched a few episodes of Who 4, Tom Baker for nostalgia's sake and I was at least entertained by his mad-eyed acting and the cardboard sets. Best Who (though not a high bar)

Tom Baker and a couple of the Silvester McCoy stories (the later more for the character stuff than the plot though) are the only Old Who worth watching. The rest is literally unwatchable - just hours of running around in piles of gravel that are supposed to be an alien planet to escape from terrifying monsters like an inflatable pool chair or a man with a filthy tarp over him waving a plastic bottle covered in foil.

not that the new ones are necessarily better, considering one of them ends with a guy getting blowjobs from a paving slab with a face on it.

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 20, 2020

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol once again I have a panopticon eye for faces (but a sieve brain for names) hm is that the guy from the Day Today BombDogs bit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nvfQw8UCDE&t=171s

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0869895/

:mmmhmm:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Schadenboner posted:

after which was Red Green).

overlooked, but this was the real gem of your sunday afternoon

NoneMoreNegative posted:

^^These guys, the Nimon were great, the poor actors were stuck in some terrible platform shoes and those huge top-heavy costumes.

they are wonderfully fun and the camp and the "barely transitioned from radio" feel of the 60 bbc is perfect. terrible costumes, props made out of literal garbage, a series budget that could have paid for an entire minute of "dallas"

also, ymmv, but douglas adams wrote a couple tom baker dr. who episodes and they are just great too. his sense of humour and baker's charming goofiness work wonders

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Sweevo posted:

just hours of running around in piles of gravel that are supposed to be an alien planet to escape from terrifying monsters like an inflatable pool chair or a man with a filthy tarp over him waving a plastic bottle covered in foil.

you act like these are bad things

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

infernal machines posted:

overlooked, but this was the real gem of your sunday afternoon
seconded

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's sunday morning and im still annoyed by how lame berberian sound studio was

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
finally watched solo

an agreeably average star war

and yes donglover is the best part

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMwNilk-YyE

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
here we gooooo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
that guy painting tiny window lights all day, that must be mind numbing

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Xaris posted:

have you seen Edge of Tomorrow? its probably the onyl good cruise movie bc he also dies a bazillion times, genuinely also a really fun movie; aside from Collateral.

i totally agree otherwise

honestly I’d suggest “Oblivion” too, it’s worth watching though it features Tom Cruise

make it a double feature

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

SmokaDustbowl posted:

A Router Fell On My Head And Killed Me Now My Operating System Is a Piece Of poo poo

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i am also cursed with this hair type

Shaggar?!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

eschaton posted:

honestly I’d suggest “Oblivion” too, it’s worth watching though it features Tom Cruise

make it a double feature

yeah that was a pleasant surprise

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

that guy painting tiny window lights all day, that must be mind numbing

every 10oth window secretly has a butt drawn pressed up against it

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the on/off pattern of the lights spells out "KILLMEKILLMEKILLME..." in shift-JIS

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
watched s01e01 of Raised By Wolves last night. holy poo poo. not what i expected at all. looking forward to continuing

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

watched s01e01 of Raised By Wolves last night. holy poo poo. not what i expected at all. looking forward to continuing
i’ve been meaning to try it, thanks for the review

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it feels like a super hosed up Lost In Space or something. really good premise and I for one always appreciate a good religious cult in space dimension

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

it's got some good moebius aesthetics too

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

why is it always space catholics? every now and again there's like space mormons in the expanse or like in ender's game, but nobody else. I think there's space muslims in Pitch Black but I can't recall any other muslims in space. where the space protestants at???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Casual Encountess posted:

why is it always space catholics? every now and again there's like space mormons in the expanse or like in ender's game, but nobody else. I think there's space muslims in Pitch Black but I can't recall any other muslims in space. where the space protestants at???

White Astronaut Space Protestants