Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I haven't had a haircut since a mohawk in february. it's getting long and I started using nice sulfite-free shampoo and ms jones's conditioner. i like it a lot

I also use clarins moisturizer on my face when I remember. it feels nice.

this thread is to talk about hair and skin and shaving and stuff like that. or you can talk about other stuff too, im not the boss of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i wash myself with a rag on a steeick

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

im drinking some coffee

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i decided early on to stop eating and only consume liquid caffine

for self care

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i cut my own hair twice so far

i use an Enchen Boost i got from aliexpress and its pretty good.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i cut my own hair on the regular op time to step your game up

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i just cut my hair last week, after having gone since january without a haircut. put my longest comb on the clippers for the top, then dropped a few mm for the sides. seems to have worked out okay

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my wife cuts my hair.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I don't want to cut my hair, I haven't had it long since i finished school and it's time to go back to 2014 baby!!!!

when you're from where I'm from and you're going through a ceremony called "hooding," it's really important that you make it clear if you're on the wizard side or the grand wizard side. so I figured it'd be a good idea to grow out the beard and hair starting a couple years before that and also fight a balrog

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i cut my hair with minix, wash my teeth with microsoft max white. last I checked I shaved my balls with apples very own Smooth Nut Air. I still poo poo through my Amiga 500 and clean my ears out with a 3070 RTX (yes I’ve had one for ages my uncle works at nvidia)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I got a haircut for the first time in four and a half years yesterday and now I look 100% less permanently stoned

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Taking my heatsink off and blowing the dust out iykwim

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

I have to use a specific brand of shower gel or else my face is full of acne, other than that my skin is beautiful and my secret is estrogen tablets

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i bought a decent set of clippers from a barber supply shop back in may and i've been cutting my own hair since. i wasn't entirely happy about becoming a guy in his mid-30s who cuts his own hair, because i don't know that there's any coming back from that, but here we are.

my hair does not look significantly worse than it did going to the barber across the street who only charged $15 for a cut, so whatever.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I wash and condition my hair once or twice a week. sometimes I get dry scalp and I have to use the medicated shampoo more frequently

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i've had a #2 buzz cut for the last 20 years, but now i haven't cut it for 3 months and am seriously considering letting it grow out

gotta figure out what to do when i hit the "crazy hobo" phase though

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

been shaved bald for four, five years now. receding hairline struck at 30 and hasn't abated, so I figured, why fight it

kinda convenient these last few months. go over head n face every couple days in the shower with an electric, job done

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I was growing out the beard since lockdown began but I got tired of it and chopped it off a few months ago.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I can't grow a beard

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

I can grow a beard but that's not a good thing for a lady that I've become so I'm saving for laser to get rid of that awful thing on my face

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

I bought some conair corded clippers from newegg lol

when done initially its good enough for zoom but doesn’t grow out as well as a pro haircut

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
wahl is the pro clipper brand. they last forever

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

facial hair fuckin sucks unless youre a cool dude or enby

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

anyway getting my facial hair permanently removed was about the best self care I ever did

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I recently gave myself a pedicure at home and the world feels like a completely different place.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

*cuts toenails for first time in 2020* holey fukc! holy.. holy poo poo!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

pedicures also involve trimming all the callouses off your feet so it makes walking feel kinda different

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

infernal machines posted:

i wasn't entirely happy about becoming a guy in his mid-30s who cuts his own hair, because i don't know that there's any coming back from that, but here we are.

lol the gently caress does this mean

just go back to a barber/hairdresser after the pandemic's over. no big deal

Farmer Crack-Ass fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 20, 2020

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

yeah, biggest self care I ever did was accepting who I am and starting transition

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
fleetwood mac rumors?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Silver Alicorn posted:

pedicures also involve trimming all the callouses off your feet so it makes walking feel kinda different

Yes lmao, I cut my nails pretty often.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
fancy lad checking in

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Ciaphas posted:

been shaved bald for four, five years now. receding hairline struck at 30 and hasn't abated, so I figured, why fight it

kinda convenient these last few months. go over head n face every couple days in the shower with an electric, job done

decisive. much respect.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i use whatever shampoo and conditioner i can get my shithooks on when in the shower. sometimes it’s my wife’s fancy stuff. sometimes it’s the kids’ no tears dealio. sometimes it’s the dove FOR MEN two in one my lazy rear end bought from walgreens.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

psiox posted:

fancy lad checking in

quoting for fancy lads

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i figure sometime in my forties i'll be doing the season 1 "crazy orchestra conductor" frasier crane haircut

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

The Management posted:

wahl is the pro clipper brand. they last forever

confirmed, i'm on the same one i bought 2006. the blades are even sharpenable.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

I haven't had a haircut since a mohawk in february. it's getting long and I started using nice sulfite-free shampoo and ms jones's conditioner. i like it a lot

I also use clarins moisturizer on my face when I remember. it feels nice.

this thread is to talk about hair and skin and shaving and stuff like that. or you can talk about other stuff too, im not the boss of you

i just use dr bronners for everything op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

DILUTE! DILUTE! OK!