Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Reporters described talking to voters who said that they professed to their friends they would vote Moore without any intention to do so, because they knew if they came out publicly against him they would end up with rocks through their windows.

This time Jones is behind 17 points or so in polls and is basically :fork:

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah but didn’t actually land him in any trouble.

Which means enough believed that a 32 year old Roy Moore was cruising for 14 year olds at the mall, but not enough to then takes steps to investigate or try or convict him of his obvious attempts to groom minors.

So weird.

Areas where a single political party has total dominance tend to be amazingly corrupt, in addition to the deep south just being a loving weird "up is down" zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And last I checked, Moore's opponent has voted with Trump every single time.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Didn't vote for the rape judge, so no. Also voted for impeachment or whatever that vote actually was. Pretty sure there are other things he didn't vote with Trump on too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
And again, Moore's opponent didn't stalk and harass 14 year olds when he was in his thirties.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

35% of the time is kind of like every single time if you have some serious CSPAM brain worms I suppose.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Meanwhile, after the damaging allegations about a toxic work culture and institutionalised and systemic sexual harassment, Weta Digital and Workshop are going to be investigated by a Queens Counsel - basically, a government appointed investigation led by an independent body with the full power of the courts behind them.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

Ahh yes the show with this joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xmAC9Qu908

was hyper worried about people sexualizing their characters.

What perverted joke do you see in this scene?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

coronavirus posted:

Fingerprints/finger Prince, hence her reaction.

It’s an old and extremely well worn example of “they sneak in things for adults to laugh at while their kids enjoy the wacky characters and bright colours!” thinking.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's a pretty great joke TBH.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Vagabundo posted:

Meanwhile, after the damaging allegations about a toxic work culture and institutionalised and systemic sexual harassment, Weta Digital and Workshop are going to be investigated by a Queens Counsel - basically, a government appointed investigation led by an independent body with the full power of the courts behind them.

Is that likely to actually result in changes, or is it like in America where they result in a angry report with toothless penalties?

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Fingerprints/finger Prince, hence her reaction.

It’s an old and extremely well worn example of “they sneak in things for adults to laugh at while their kids enjoy the wacky characters and bright colours!” thinking.

Sometimes too, they have a joke they want, but they're afraid it's just a little over the line, so they'll come up with something they'll think is clearly just not going to fly so their original idea looks better, and then the censor doesn't catch on.

And now I can see how that happens.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cemetry Gator posted:

Sometimes too, they have a joke they want, but they're afraid it's just a little over the line, so they'll come up with something they'll think is clearly just not going to fly so their original idea looks better, and then the censor doesn't catch on.

That was basically the writing process of Team America.

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lol

This poo poo is so common. :ughh:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Crackbone posted:

Is that likely to actually result in changes, or is it like in America where they result in a angry report with toothless penalties?

Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh had requested it, but it also comes after the Minister of Workplace Relations, Andrew Little, had stated one was needed. It entirely depends on what gets dug up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

coronavirus posted:

:lol:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Alhazred posted:

That was basically the writing process of Team America.

Iirc, with the South Park movie every time the censors complained about something they'd make a replacement twice as bad and ten times as long. Presumably making afraid of what the third thing might be.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
Lol how awesome is it that that Instagram dude can channel weird man picture comments and gross fetish captions and make bank on it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's an important artist clearly

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I was in my early thirties when that was in the news, and I just remember trying to picture what my friends and families reactions would be if I showed up to a potluck or game night or something with a 14 year old "date."

He would also call the school and have them pull girls he was interested in out of class so he could talk to them on the phone.

If you're early 30s, you were probably around 14 when 9/11, Take Off Your Pants and Jacket and Dragon Ball Z were all fresh topics. Think about that version of you dealing with a 32 year old.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I dunno I sort of hope that shame would keep this sort of thing from happening that much but my best friend was 17 when she was hooking up with a 45 year old guy and ended up dating that guys 50 year old friend for like 6 months afterwards. I really can’t wrap my head around what any of those conversations between the two men were like, but a lot of that got brought up for her when that news story about Brad Pitt’s new GF came out. Something about seeing a 20 something woman going back and forth between a 55 year old and a 60 year old just really freaked her out and she had to log off until that story was out of the news cycle.

Whatever the reasons for the behavior are, lots of teens will do anything to feel more adult or mature (or in control) and it won’t really hit you until your older how hosed up it was, and people you could have sworn respected you were actually just gross creeps or predators.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I don't know that I care what a 20-something is doing with a 50-something beyond what it says about both of their personalities, but Roy Moore was effectively a serial child predator and yes should be in jail, but for Alabama, where you can not only date teenagers in the mall as a man in your thirties, but achieve high office at the same time.

The Moore scandal did not appear out of the void, pretty much everyone who knew the guy recognized him as a total shithead, and he had been the Ten Commandments Judge for decades at that point. https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/why-roy-moores-law-school-professor-nicknamed-him-fruit-salad

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
And for all that, the Democrat barely skated by.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
People openly admitted that they'd rather vote for a pedophile than a democrat. Instead of, ya know, not voting at all.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

davidspackage posted:

People openly admitted that they'd rather vote for a pedophile than a democrat. Instead of, ya know, not voting at all.

Because not voting meant the democrat might win.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I don't know that I care what a 20-something is doing with a 50-something beyond what it says about both of their personalities

I mean, yeah, for real. Are we back to suggesting an adult woman is incapable of having any agency in her relationships?

Trying to equate a 20-something woman being attracted to a guy who is considered conventionally attractive to Roy Moore being a serial predator targeting girls that are barely teenagers is just as stupid as stating a young woman in a relationship with an older man has an obligation to reassure people everything is above board.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Horizon Burning posted:

Lol how awesome is it that that Instagram dude can channel weird man picture comments and gross fetish captions and make bank on it

This is beside the point but I don't understand how they're "paintings". Aren't they just blown up screenshots?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

This is beside the point but I don't understand how they're "paintings". Aren't they just blown up screenshots?

A lot of museums will weirdly accept "photographs printed on canvas" as a painting depending on your specific method of printing/transference

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I don’t get art

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

sponges posted:

I don’t get art

Fine art is like 75% a scam.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Fine art is like 75% a scam.

The rest is money laundering, trading cards for rich people, and make-work for their failsons.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

sponges posted:

I don’t get art

I think this is what the record label said to Paul Simon right before he went solo

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Had to check the date on that Emily article. Jesus christ the fashion industry is the slimiest industry. Has things not changed since 20/20 did that story about Epstein associates in the 80s?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Shageletic posted:

Had to check the date on that Emily article. Jesus christ the fashion industry is the slimiest industry. Has things not changed since 20/20 did that story about Epstein associates in the 80s?

Pretty much everything about the fashion industry is explained by frothing, ludicrous misogyny.

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Does it tickle when your Body Thetans flap their wings, eh Beatrice?
Haute couture modelling basically de-feminizes their models too, so it's misogynistic in more ways than one.

A Texas grand jury has indicted Netflix for the Cuties movie, by the way. (Don't bother with the video - it's old.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vir posted:

Haute couture modelling basically de-feminizes their models too, so it's misogynistic in more ways than one.

A Texas grand jury has indicted Netflix for the Cuties movie, by the way. (Don't bother with the video - it's old.)

https://twitter.com/mavericksmovies/status/1313593983184977920?s=20

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

the world is too weird

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Does it tickle when your Body Thetans flap their wings, eh Beatrice?
October is off to a good start.

"Wiki posted:

He is known for playing Spider in the Paramount Pictures film, School of Rock, and has appeared in worldwide advertisements for Gucci, Versace, Versace Jeans Couture, CK, Calvin Klein Jeans, Roberto Cavalli, Just Cavalli, GAP, Louis Vuitton, and other top fashion brands.(...)

Babin is the only American to star in a Brazilian telenovela, appearing in nearly 100 episodes
Ladies and gentlemen, the only man who could have won a primary election against Trump, but he's too busy prosecuting Hollywood sex offenders - in Texas - to do it. :911:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Pssh. A prosecutor can indict anything.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

Pssh. A prosecutor can indict anything.

Except a cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea the case is gonna go nowhere, the famous line is that a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich if they want to, grand juries almost always err on the side of 'well this should go to trial at least' if the prosecutor has any amount of evidence to present or just has the ability to make an emotional case regardless.