Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
What do you think happens to us when we die? Do you believe in heaven and hell? Do you believe in reincarnation? Do you think we simply cease to exist? Do we go to the great comedy forum in the sky where we post for eternity?

Thoughts about what happens to us when we die..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
lardroom probably

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

There is an afterlife OP, and it's probably some crazy poo poo like TCBPIPBERTTX

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Paradise. But it's paradise as imagined by people who wrote the bible so it's really disappointing. A big bowl of porridge and a good hat, that kind of lame poo poo.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lardroom probably

that's what I'm banking on, yeah

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You want a spicy rear end.
You are presented with cumin and a white person's rear end.

Purgatory.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Discworld version is nice to consider but really it's the lardroom

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
someone is going to have to explain lardroom to me.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tbh I used to spend a lot of time considering that your identity isn't really a solid object and more of a bunch of loosely related functions kinda ambling along. We are nothing now and after :)

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
You know those hackneyed and overdone "A character who is clearly me, the writer, dies, and this is what happens next" stories? Everyone with even the slightest pretension of being an author writes something like that sooner or later. People always think they are being clever or putting a new spin on it, but (with only a few famous exceptions) they tend to be really dull, derivative, and oh so familiar.

If you ever wrote one like that, that's what you'll get. Exactly that. The universe punishes you for your hubris.

The people who were in their grim, dark, violently "realistic" phase when they did it get it pretty bad. But the true hell is people who were in their Douglass Adams Knockoff phase. They remain trapped, forever, in a world ruled by their own, personal attempts at dry but quirky British humour.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Star Me Kitten posted:

someone is going to have to explain lardroom to me.

LARDROOM

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

In life, we are goons. In death, we are in the lardroom

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
Lardroom. Lardroom is an EP by the American noise rock band Barkmarket, released on August 8, 1994 by American Recordings.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
Kind of prefer Barfmarket.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
We cease, then rot.

:boom:

But I don't mean that in a bad way. It's actually pretty cool. Or would be if it wasn't so hard to get yourself stuck into the ground unembalmed with no casket when you die.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
My consciousness has at last left my mortal shell, upward I float- surely, to Heaven, as my experiences here have prepared me to accept?

But no, alas- I ascend farther and farther away from the planet of my last habitation, realizing only now that it was a means to placate us, the inhibitors of these worlds, during the time we were in our mortal shells.

Further and further away I fly, until I am now in interstellar space, between the stars, occasionally sensing the presence of my brethren around me.

For now I must float adrift in space, disconnected from a physical shell, contemplating the previous lives I had experienced until fate and the cosmos should allow me to intercept another world with sentient life.

For only then will I be able continue this existence- inhabiting the next newborn child, only to repeat the process on a new world.

As it was with the last world I inhabited...

Honestly, I have no loving clue, but that kinda seems fun.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Asses to asses, lard to lard.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGCzepV_pdI

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I was in the after life, they kicked me out once they realized I was there to bust nuts and suck shits.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I think I've seen what happens next...

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

trapped in samsara, OP. As far as I can tell life is an endless cyclical experience of suffering, and once you're alive there is no going back. The idea of an afterlife is pretty quaint, like you get 20% off mcdonald's and it has air conditioning. Void take me.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I知 hoping I just end. I知 terrified that my consciousness will create an incredibly long fever dream during our last moments. You know something like Jacobs ladder.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

The feeble ghosts in the underworld probably taste only ash and clay, I don't know.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Dear Watson posted:

I知 hoping I just end. I知 terrified that my consciousness will create an incredibly long fever dream during our last moments. You know something like Jacobs ladder.

Well, now I have this nightmare in my head

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Dear Watson posted:

I used to have this daydream that I missed my own death somehow and was living some kind of solipsistic afterlife that I was not aware of. Like my brain activity in the last few minutes of my life somehow surpassed the constraints of time and what was perhaps 7 minutes of activity was perceived as an eternity by me... or just an endless string of time where I think I am still alive.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You get reincarnated as yourself but with a slightly bigger or smaller dick depending on multiple factors but primarily based on how many cats you pet.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
In the afterlife, you could be headed for the serious strife. Now you make the scene all day but tomorrow there will be hell to pay.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

imagine having an eternal afterlife where you are reunited with all your dead family members and friends

no wonder people are so afraid of death, i can't think of a worse fate

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Frank Frank posted:

In the afterlife, you could be headed for the serious strife. Now you make the scene all day but tomorrow there will be hell to pay.

*terrible trumpet solo mouth-noises*

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Frank Frank posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS2IBMQIjDo

Literally A Person posted:

*terrible trumpet solo mouth-noises*

beat me to it.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
People worry so much about the afterlife that they don't really think about the beforelife.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
All i know is i've petted A LOT of cats. So either im super ok or super hosed.

Who What Now posted:

You get reincarnated as yourself but with a slightly bigger or smaller dick depending on multiple factors but primarily based on how many cats you pet.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Star Me Kitten posted:

All i know is i've petted A LOT of cats. So either im super ok or super hosed.

Depends on how you feel about having a massive hog

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

you go into spectator mode and become an invisible orbiting camera tabbing between the various humans that are still left

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Who What Now posted:

Depends on how you feel about having a massive hog

Well I don't want to be a freak in reinforced underwear.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

Earwicker posted:

you go into spectator mode and become an invisible orbiting camera tabbing between the various humans that are still left

I would enjoy haunting the poo poo out of everyone I know. I will be the whispering laughter you hear in your ear every time you fall down.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

All I know is, that if I don't get like, 20 kelsi monroes I'm suing God.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
What happens in the afterlife?

This.

Give me one good argument as to why this isn't Hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

why the hell would there be an afterlife