Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I can't even make my "Some of those are probably doubles." joke this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe

Face melting.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Got my copy signed by Yasuko on the Cell Scape tour. :rock:

Maaaaaaan, I could go for a Melt-Banana show right about now. Need that Uncontrollable Urge cover.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Melt-Banana puts on such a rad show. My friend got trashed and moshed so hard he passed out draped over their PA speaker.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oh yeah -

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

gently caress you.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://store.nin.com/collections/music/products/the-social-network-vinyl

https://store.nin.com/products/quake-vinyl

Their note on it is pretty funny:

quote:

*NOTE

WE DESIGNED THIS REISSUE TO INCLUDE A BOOKLET CONTAINING ESSAYS FROM ID SOFTWARE’S JOHN CARMACK AND AMERICAN MCGEE. A CERTAIN UNNAMED VIDEO GAME PUBLISHER MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO INCLUDE THIS IN THE PACKAGE, SO PLEASE HONOR THEIR WISHES BY NOT CLICKING HERE TO EVEN SEE THE ESSAYS OR HERE TO PRINT THE BOOKLET OUT FOR YOURSELF.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I gotta un-bookmark this thread. First the EQ soundtrack and now Quake? What have I become...

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
yeah like i don't NEED that quake soundtrack but, drat, i want that quake soundtrack

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

siiiiiiick

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Boris' Amplifier Worship(!) and Absolutego getting reissued on TMR: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFM0cCVDOWm/

Logflat Badness
Sep 17, 2020
i just found out that my local store has a dedicated early music box, so i spent about $5 on "Instrumental Music of Europe, 1200-1600" and "Four Centuries of Harp". gonna sink my money into the $1 folk box next.

was thinking about startin a lil collection and getting all 15 shostakovich symphonies, but finding the more obscure ones have been a nightmare. most places only have recordings of #1, #4, #5, #7, and #10.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I managed to keep my video game soundtrack LP cherry intact through mass effect and katamari damacy. If that stardew valley soundtrack ever has a price drop I might be in trouble though.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I managed to keep my video game soundtrack LP cherry intact through mass effect and katamari damacy. If that stardew valley soundtrack ever has a price drop I might be in trouble though.

They’re doing another pressing of it.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

pwn posted:

H*ck yeah i’m interested. MMM is the real poo poo. He uses (used?) that mustachioed dude a lot in his gig posters. This one is 6? 7? colours and some halftones, it’s insane.

Here we go, excuse the glare. I don't have a connection to this show, but a local pizza place some years ago had show posters on the walls for sale, and I was really into the Decemberists, so I grabbed it. I wanna say it was like 30-35 bucks or something.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

If you missed out on the Cowboy Bebop party, Vinyl Me Please has arrived extremely late with their own color variant.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I have a concert poster I got signed by David Byrne and St. Vincent back when they toured Love This Giant but I'm currently too lazy to take a picture. It wasn't one of those screen printed ones you buy at the merch stand it's one of the ones they actually use to advertise the show around town. He also signed my copy of Fear of Music.

edit: I found the pictures buried in the depths of my Facebook photos.

I've probably posted these before. I kind of like that I got them to sign the promo poster rather than one of those ones you get at the merch stand. It feels more like I have a one of a kind thing even though these were printed in large numbers. Most of them probably ended up in the trash. I had a few people even asking me where I got the poster from (it was on the counter at a dry cleaner my sister worked at at that time.). I also just think the poster itself is cool. I didn't imagine I'd even get it signed I just liked it and was going to hang it up at home. This is one of my favorite things that I own.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 18, 2020

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I have a drum head signed by rush

Edit: the radio one, not the band

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 18, 2020

marjorie
May 4, 2014

BigFactory posted:

A Rush Limbaugh-signed drum head? Sounds cursed.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

BigFactory posted:

Does it make the drum sound like racism.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 18, 2020

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
It’s an EIB (Excellence In Bongos) drum head

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Ballz posted:

If you missed out on the Cowboy Bebop party, Vinyl Me Please has arrived extremely late with their own color variant.

Lita and Right Stuf seem to still have copies available for slightly cheaper as well.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

BigFactory posted:

It’s an EIB (Excellence In Bongos) drum head

You can't just tell us you have a Rush Limbaugh signed bongo and not tell the story.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

sporklift posted:

Lita and Right Stuf seem to still have copies available for slightly cheaper as well.

yeah but you have good chance of getting multiple copies or no copy at all from Vinyl Me Please, depends on how lucky you are.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

CPL593H posted:

You can't just tell us you have a Rush Limbaugh signed bongo and not tell the story.

I don’t. I do have the other kind of rush autographed drumhead, which has shot up in value a ton this year and it makes me very sad. But there might be an alternative dimension where rush Limbaugh moonlights as a hot poo poo percussionist in an Afro Cuban Jazz band and that would be funny.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

no broccoli please posted:

Here we go, excuse the glare. I don't have a connection to this show, but a local pizza place some years ago had show posters on the walls for sale, and I was really into the Decemberists, so I grabbed it. I wanna say it was like 30-35 bucks or something.

Aww yeah that’s the good stuff. :cool:

BigFactory posted:

I don’t. I do have the other kind of rush autographed drumhead, which has shot up in value a ton this year and it makes me very sad. But there might be an alternative dimension where rush Limbaugh moonlights as a hot poo poo percussionist in an Afro Cuban Jazz band and that would be funny.

With Duke Silver on sax

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

BigFactory posted:

Why drum heads though? I'm stupid.

pwn posted:

With David Duke Silver on sax

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 21, 2020

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Regrettably, I think Ron Swanson would probably find kinship with El Rushbo.

CPL593H posted:

Why drum heads though?

A looooong time ago, 10 years actually, I was shooting a Shouting Matches show. Brian Moen broke his snare head and he and Justin Vernon signed it for me after the show.

Sadly the only Sharpie around was pretty dried up.

Reflecting a decade later, I regret the "watermark."

More photos

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Gillian Welch 3lp box set is up. The first volume came out a month ago and its great

https://gillianwelch.com/

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Mannequin Challenge repress leftovers are up.

https://mypetflamingo.bandcamp.com/album/mannequin-challenge

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Anyone have any cool slip mats to show off? This is all I got:

marjorie
May 4, 2014

BigFactory posted:

Anyone have any cool slip mats to show off? This is all I got:

That mat is incredible. This is mine, unsurprisingly.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I got this bad boy in Chicago a couple years back along with a limited edition Optiganally Yours record. I always try to hit Shuga when I'm in town now.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Oh I missed duplicate chat?

Yes I absolutely need seven copies of the same Yuri Gagarin release. One to go!:

And this is my best and favorite slipmat:

esperantinc fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 20, 2020

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

marjorie posted:

That mat is incredible. This is mine, unsurprisingly.

Is this custom made or is there someone who sells Buster Keaton slip mats? Talk about a niche.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Haha, it was custom. I looked around but couldn't find any good ones pre-made. Supports the niche conclusion!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

esperantinc posted:

And this is my best and favorite slipmat:

:same:

Right down to it being used on an LP-120.

I know they sell slip mats of the current moon ball, but I think the original spaghetti ball only comes if you ordered the Clowns in the Sky double LP from MST3K.com.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

A lot of people have the AT-LP120.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I don’t.