Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I use the songsterr app, its p good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Dysgenesis posted:

I use the songsterr app, its p good.

My son got to quite a good standard on Bass with it during the lockdown.
He ended up buying an Epiphone Thunderbird because it was love at first sight.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I'm starting a band

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

My wife and her friend are crazy dancing in the garden, send help

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Insert yourself

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Or wait for a computer game to download

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Have you got any vouchers left?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sunswipe posted:

It's important to know I cannot actually play guitar, or any musical instrument. Singing's bloody awful as well. Basically, I'd need the creature from this Oglaf to sneak up on Brian May and transfer his knowledge to me. I'm hoping that would be a selective process that wouldn't result in me having memories of what Anita Dobson looks like naked.

not clicking the link but i assume it's the dicksucking spider. i hope you enjoy the knowledge transfer process op

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
gid mooning

lol that thurs how i say good morning like officer crabtree, i'm very wacky like that :)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AlPacinoUSA/status/1303535513094303744?s=20

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Not seen a part from ratjaculation recently...

Statistically, one of those bats was going to be a vampire.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'm about to win an ebay...

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i bought an oil barrel.

3 actually

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Sep 20, 2020

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i bought an oil barrel.

3 actually

So we should be looking for Ratty a little closer to (your) home?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

scotland was rad as gently caress

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Sep 20, 2020

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Noice.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

spooky ghost bike

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

:ghost:

speaking of ghosts on the first night while wild camping i felt arms wrap around me and squeeze quite tightly during the night for a few seconds. a nightmare? no, it was definitely a spooky ghost spooning me.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

also i had a nightmare about a spider monster which lived under a city and turned people in to crystals. somehow i was running away from it underground while someone behind me was transforming in to a crystal????? i dunno wtf that was about :shrug:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

speaking of ghosts on the first night while wild camping i felt arms wrap around me and squeeze quite tightly during the night for a few seconds. a nightmare? no, it was definitely a spooky ghost spooning me.
it was ur friend ratty

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

it was definitely a spooky ghost spooning me.

or a spoony ghost spooking you.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

hemale in pain posted:

also i had a nightmare about a spider monster which lived under a city and turned people in to crystals. somehow i was running away from it underground while someone behind me was transforming in to a crystal????? i dunno wtf that was about :shrug:

Did they have very long fingers?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

goatface posted:

Did they have very long fingers?

i was only hugged not fingered so i dont know

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Who's selling decent masks?

I got a pack from Elle back in Marchish which are fine, although they do appear to be made from the recycled gussets of ladies comfortable underwear.

As a glasses wearer, I am constantly in a state of frustrated fogginess with these masks, and no amount of pressing the top to my face stops it from happening and it's loving infuriating.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

wasn't there reports of an escaped python in scotland a few days ago

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

DaWolfey posted:

I got a pack from Elle back in Marchish which are fine, although they do appear to be made from the recycled gussets of ladies comfortable underwear.

As a glasses wearer, I am constantly in a state of frustrated fogginess with these masks, and no amount of pressing the top to my face stops it from happening and it's loving infuriating.

A combination of moving the mask further up your nose and your glasses slightly further down it seems to work for me

Though if I know I'm in for a busy one at work I stick contacts in

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Skarsnik posted:

A combination of moving the mask further up your nose and your glasses slightly further down it seems to work for me

Though if I know I'm in for a busy one at work I stick contacts in

I've tried that, but it doesn't seem to help much - or my glasses start to slip off my face, or they're too low down on my nose to be able to see through.
I think what I need is one where the top half is non-porous or something like that.

I know the valve based ones are apparently less effective? Plus I don't want to walk about looking like loving Bane

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I had some custom ones made from here https://www.my-picture.co.uk/home-lifestyle/custom-face-mask.jsf

great price and comfortable

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

DaWolfey posted:

Yeah, I've got the same problem. I generally wear my glasses quite high on my nose normally, and they're adjusted to be pretty close-fitting to my face, so I can't easily wear them over a mask or further down my nose without them just falling off.. so basically foggy it is. Sucks hard.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

if you are having trouble with cheap masks fogging up your glasses, stitch either an unbent paperclip or a hairpin to the inside

if you can be arsed, i cant

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

DaWolfey posted:

You can buy packs of bendy metal strips with sticky-backs, place those on the mask to enforce a shape around the bridge of your nose. These are the ones I use. They'll break after while - especially if you wash the mask while they're in, but you can get a lot for fairly cheap so, eh.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I've got a cold, of all things. How did I manage that?

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

DaWolfey posted:

I swear by these masks

https://silverdrop.co.uk/

I have eleventy billion of them (ok, like 12), wear them 9 hours a day at work and wash them constantly. They hold up really well and have an excellent strong nosewire, I hardly get any fogging and I have a horrible shaped nose for mask wearing (sticks out a lot, very thin nose bridge) They are lightweight and very comfortable.

E: I tried the ones with the filter pockets and its kind of a hassle, so I just prefer the bog standard ones.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fridge corn posted:

I've got a cold, of all things. How did I manage that?

it is a moral failure

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

DaWolfey posted:

I have a couple from here that I like

https://www.madebyjinks.co.uk/face-coverings

They’re very comfortable because I went for the adjustable behind head toggle rather than ear loops. The normal mask loops plus glasses arms were making my ears sore. Minimal fogging so far.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it is a moral failure

No, that was my toothache

E: nvm misread

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Went to Bedford today. Shithole.

Bare breeze block structures with felt roofs for homes. I was thinking to myself why don't they at least clad that in something a bit prettier? Before realising, oh. You're an awful human. Lol.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

DaWolfey posted:

I'm bespectacled, and I have 'Stein Covid-19' masks (got them through work fairly early on), and they have folded material just over the bridge of your nose, and a good metal clip up there - out of everything I've worn, they cause the least misting and are pretty comfortable. They are also washable, although you'd still only want to wash them a few times before changing them.

My wife likes disposable masks and uses 'Muc-off anti fog' fluid on her specs which works great too as long as you remember to re-apply it every few days.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Disposable masks kill the whales

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Went to Bedford today. Shithole.

Bare breeze block structures with felt roofs for homes. I was thinking to myself why don't they at least clad that in something a bit prettier? Before realising, oh. You're an awful human. Lol.

The river is nice