Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

lmao saw that in my e-mail this morning. I just copped represses of Spiritual Healing, Human, and Individual Thought Patterns before this. Pretty sure the bobblehead would just end up in a box... though it may have worked out on my desk. Pretty hilarious overall though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hey here’s a dumb thing about me I’ve barely listened to Spiritual Healing and I’m a huge Death fan lol

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hey here’s a dumb thing about me I’ve barely listened to Spiritual Healing and I’m a huge Death fan lol

It was my least listened album for a long time, however I've come to regard it as one of my favorites. Within the Mind is a top 5 death song for me, and I feel like the album shows a major evolution toward their later albums. Very hyped to have it on vinyl now, sans bobblehead.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Death to me peaked at Spiritual Healing, and while there are things I like about the records that came after, nothing beats the first three. Scream Bloody Gore is so raw and ferocious, Leprosy is just as ferocious but more focused, and Spiritual Healing is near perfect. The album covers also got progressively worse after Spiritual.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Evil Bob posted:

I'm dyin over here.

I watched the behemoth livestream with a few friends last weekend. And whether you like behemoth's music or not (Never been too big into them) it was a hell of a show and a nice break from everything, even better having watched it with friends on zoom so we could chat and have beers together. Still I need real live music... ugh, so many shows I was looking forward to.

Even if covid is figured out by next summer, traveling to europe to complete my wacken journey that has been postponed seems pretty unlikely for me. Decided to pick up a ticket to Psycho Las Vegas and make Mercyful Fate a sure thing (alongside Emperor and Danzig, actually the whole line up seems the best since king diamond headlined a few years ago) all depending of course on Covid somehow being figured out...

I need something to look forward to/hope for. Anyone else thinking about going to Psycho if its safe next year?
most of europe is probably never letting americans back within their borders lol

how are the live shows in albania?

Gio fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 15, 2020

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
The latest Two Minutes to Midnight cover is a Fleetwood Mac song with Marty Friedman playing some jams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwXt8zdC1cI

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

ultraviolence123 posted:

Death to me peaked at Spiritual Healing, and while there are things I like about the records that came after, nothing beats the first three. Scream Bloody Gore is so raw and ferocious, Leprosy is just as ferocious but more focused, and Spiritual Healing is near perfect. The album covers also got progressively worse after Spiritual.

I agree about the covers, though I do love the sound of perseverance's cover. However, Death for me really peaks at individual thought patterns and symbolic. That's just my personal taste. Really I just love each of the records in their own way :smugbert:

Gio posted:

most of europe is probably never letting americans back within their borders lol

lmao yeah, you are probably right. "Well, we decided to stop letting you guys in because COVID.. but then we just realized its the right move all around" -Europe in 2021 probably

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

ultraviolence123 posted:

naw, its still human.

and i honestly never cared for ITP. symbolic is nice though i like that.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
everything after scream bloody gore can go right in the trash

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Individual Thought Patterns was an album that I liked in high school that I found on my own, and my friends didn't get or care about. It's by far still my favorite of their's.

If I get asked my favorite band, it's usually Death even if I don't listen to them much anymore. I love Death.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I am that guy who likes their last two albums the most

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

:cheers:

I don’t want any heavy metal toys but I would like a large oil painting of just that skeleton guy, he rules

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Gio posted:

there's like 10 metal bands in the country so not great i'm guessing

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Snowy posted:

I don’t want any heavy metal toys but I would like a large oil painting of just that skeleton guy, he rules

Get on this whenever they decide to do a new run. It's not a painting, but it rules: http://wasteoidwares.storenvy.com/products/26161407-scream-bloody-ghoul-pin

They also have a kick-rear end HM-2 pin. Yeah, I've got both :coal:

My best friend has a SBG backpatch, and obviously added a Skeletor patch to it, because why wouldn't you?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

KozmoNaut posted:

Get on this whenever they decide to do a new run. It's not a painting, but it rules: http://wasteoidwares.storenvy.com/products/26161407-scream-bloody-ghoul-pin

They also have a kick-rear end HM-2 pin. Yeah, I've got both :coal:

My best friend has a SBG backpatch, and obviously added a Skeletor patch to it, because why wouldn't you?

Hmmm very interesting thank you

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

This is the worst thing you've ever posted.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Snowy posted:

I don't know if it was you or someone else who was looking for prints of album covers with all of the logos removed, but apparently Indie Merch Store has a poo poo ton of Dan Seagrave artwork for sale, a lot of which are old album covers:

https://www.indiemerchstore.com/search?q=dan+seagrave

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There is no such thing as a bad Death record - they are each unique and have their own sound. Saying stuff is poo poo after soandso with regards to them is a garbage opinion.

The two albums with Steve Di Giorgio, Human and ITP are so insanely good and to just poo poo on them is insulting to Chuck's legacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOIRn5Byq94

These albums took the band in such an amazing direction and show casing just how versatile Chuck was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMD-0Hys6QQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MthDn_PGzqQ

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
arguing over which era of death was better is pointless and stupid because chuck wrote the same song over and over and over

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

arguing over which era of death was better is pointless and stupid because chuck wrote the same song over and over and over

He wrote the same song structure over and over but they sound wildly different between eras.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

The Muppets On PCP posted:

He also played the same solo over and over and I ain't complaining

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

A lot of people don't care much for any era of Death that's not even that controversial an opinion.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

The solo in Lack of Comprehension rips and I will hear no other opinions on the subject.

Listening through Human a bit right now, as Luca from Necrot posted it on IG earlier as an influence on writing Mortal. There were definitely a few times on Mortal, particularly in the solos that I felt him channeling Chuck.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

When he posted Human first in that thread, I misinterpreted it as the biggest inspiration on them/the album and I went "what?" Then I scrolled down farther and he called Altars the best album of all time and I went "aaaah, there it is."

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

Hell yeah, I liked the discharge call out too, even if I didn’t make the connection myself I get stoked seeing the influence.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Nazzadan posted:

Then I scrolled down farther and he called Altars the best album of all time and I went "aaaah, there it is."

Sounds to me like he’s just calling it the best morbid angel album but idk

I had never heard of Skruigners before, going to have to check them out and yeah I always love seeing discharge as an influence on just about any band.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Yeah reading it again he's either calling it the best album ever or the best MA album ever in a very strange way that I can believe coming from Luca

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Erlend Hjelvik, ex-Kvelertak vocalist, announced his solo project a month or so ago and will be releasing a full length through Nuclear Blast. First single from the recording was released today. Erlend on vocals, Kevin Foley (ex-Benighted, ex-Abbath, lots of other projects) on drums, Alexis Lieu (ex-Benighted) on bass, and I am playing guitar on the album.

Pretty excited as this is the biggest thing I’ve been a part of, give it a listen if interested - it’s definitely very different from Kvelertak.

https://youtu.be/4d0BojEn9uA

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

New stuff Friday, I've been too busy to put one together for months but finally I have a bit of breathing room:

Perversor, black thrash EP
new Napalm Death out
Raven Throne, atmoblack
Fawn Limbs, mathy grind
Steel Hammer, instrumental pm
new Finntroll
new Raven, NWOBM/speed
Heathen, speed/thrash (not fully out)
Memories of Old, symphonic pm (not fully out)
The Last Reign, melodeath
Dynfari, atmoblack

From yesterday:
Conjuror, bm

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Dehtraen posted:

Erlend Hjelvik, ex-Kvelertak vocalist, announced his solo project a month or so ago and will be releasing a full length through Nuclear Blast. First single from the recording was released today. Erlend on vocals, Kevin Foley (ex-Benighted, ex-Abbath, lots of other projects) on drums, Alexis Lieu (ex-Benighted) on bass, and I am playing guitar on the album.

Pretty excited as this is the biggest thing I’ve been a part of, give it a listen if interested - it’s definitely very different from Kvelertak.

https://youtu.be/4d0BojEn9uA

Whoa what

Awesome

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Sup metal goons? This year sucks. Everything is terrible and my motivation is through the floor. I’ve not even been listening to music because of it. I’m trying to come out of the fog. So I know it’s premature, but what have y’all liked best this year? I just want some cool new poo poo to listen to with a minimum of energy expended. Hoping hearing something awesome reignites my interest in tunes.

I will say that the new Unleash The Archers was pretty good. Genre agnostic though, cause I’m nowhere near picky right now.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Undeath released a new track and i missed it?

https://undeath.bandcamp.com/track/lord-of-the-grave

Hope you like riffs

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

BurningBeard posted:

Sup metal goons? This year sucks. Everything is terrible and my motivation is through the floor. I’ve not even been listening to music because of it. I’m trying to come out of the fog. So I know it’s premature, but what have y’all liked best this year? I just want some cool new poo poo to listen to with a minimum of energy expended. Hoping hearing something awesome reignites my interest in tunes.

I will say that the new Unleash The Archers was pretty good. Genre agnostic though, cause I’m nowhere near picky right now.

Black Curse

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BurningBeard posted:

Ulcerate - Stare Into Death and Be Still
Warp Chamber - Implements of Excruciation
Oranssi Pazuzu - Mestarin kynsi
Nechochwen/Panopticon split
Faceless Burial - Speciation
Black Curse - Endless Wound
Esoctrilihum - Eternity of Shaog
Defeated Sanity - The Sanguinary Impetus
Imperial Triumphant - Alphaville
Temple of Void - The World That Was
Havukruunu - Uinuos syömein sota

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN3OaF8AlcM

new music from yet another band bjorn strid is in, along with steve digorgio on bass and krimh from septicflesh drumming??

at this point i'm more surprised when bjorn isn't singing on whatever new track is coming out

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Thanks for the recs. Will check these out.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

BurningBeard posted:

Igorrr - Downgrade Desert
Gaerae - Limbo
Oranssi Pazuzu - can't remember the album name

new Nightwish was also good

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I decree that Diabolic Oath - Profane Death Exodus is this year's sleeper hit, and possibly as good a war-adjacent album as Black Curse

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

BurningBeard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYSipnV2NhA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQdZPskVE9k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uIqSSi_Cx0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooT7xvh-poU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCq-FZxQgsQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPtjGrhnsTc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I want to like Kvelertak, but it's just pointless beer and pretzels metal to my ears. Am I missing some song or album that works?