Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Those Italpizza brand organic margherita pizzas are good. 3 for ten bucks! Also got some Silo Streetfood Thai vegetable curries which are good

Took a risk and got Foster Farms frozen buffalo wings. That brand has a poor reputation but I trust the church

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Picked up the tuxedo cake and Chicago mix for myself and my wife grabbed the tub of utz cheese balls and $28 worth of tonkotsu ramen.

I highly recommend the pineapple burst 6x1L drinks. Very refreshing and not similar to tinny tasting canned pineapple juices.

And 4 dogs on the way out. Life is good.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Anybody have an opinion on the giant containers of kimchi in the chilled section? I read a not so good review somewhere but it was a bit old so it might have been a different brand

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

david_a posted:

Anybody have an opinion on the giant containers of kimchi in the chilled section? I read a not so good review somewhere but it was a bit old so it might have been a different brand

Its ok, but you'll probably never finish one.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
just be korean, so easy

(ordinary korean markets sell about the same size as the costco size, but it is unironically predicated upon you eating some for nearly every meal for a month)

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Took a risk and got Foster Farms frozen buffalo wings. That brand has a poor reputation but I trust the church

I thought Foster Farms was the good one, because I know Tyson is a lovely company.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

david_a posted:

I got one, it’s as good as the stuff you get at an Asian supermarket, way better than the stuff you get at a normal supermarket. But as mentioned it’s a big jar.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I love the Utz pork rinds, they are addicting.

Gotta go next week sometime to load on supplies!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Buy Utz. Help get my stock portfolio out of the red.

But yeah, their chips are in all honesty the best I’ve ever had.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Utz crab chips are legit.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Bought a dozen dried bull penii for $2.50/ea. The place around the corner charges $8/dick. What a deal!!!

e: PBUC

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Spazzle posted:

Its ok, but you'll probably never finish one.

Kimchi doesn't go bad unless it starts growing mold.

Once it's so old that it's super sour you eat kimchi jjigae every day and experience joy.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Grand Fromage posted:

kimchi jjigae

:hmmyes:

I got some good kimchi jigae in a foil packet at the asian supermarket, really enjoyed it but it is like $6 a packet, I should give that a try

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Paul MaudDib posted:

:hmmyes:

I got some good kimchi jigae in a foil packet at the asian supermarket, really enjoyed it but it is like $6 a packet, I should give that a try

It's extremely easy. You don't really need a recipe but this'll get you started:

https://www.koreanbapsang.com/kimchi-jjigae-kimchi-stew/

Don't use water though, use stock. Dashi (preferably niboshi made with sardines/anchovies, but the powder is fine for this) or a basic chicken stock will do fine. You don't have to use old kimchi either if you don't have any. It'll still be good.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
old kimchi is deffo an acquired taste

other thing w lactoferments incl kimchi is you gotta keep it submerged in the brine. do not do this by diluting the brine either

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

Kimchi doesn't go bad unless it starts growing mold.

Once it's so old that it's super sour you eat kimchi jjigae every day and experience joy.

I've seen it grow mold after a few months.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah, with the brine it can last 24 months, w/o it will last about a few days

kimchi was devised before refridgeration to last 6 months tgrough a winter at outdoors room temp. it will last, altho you will not enjoy the taste much after 6 months

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Why do returns at my church take so long? It’s like descrambling the Matrix every time I need to do it? And forget online purchases, that is automatically 4x as long. Like everything is bought on my card what is the big mystery??

Nevertheless, PBUC always and forever. Got a slice, it was good.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
havent had a slice of cost co pizza in 6 months :/

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

A whole pizza is six slices...

You know what must be done. And in a single sitting.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That's like 1800 calories half of em from saturated fats

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Gaius Marius posted:

We're all gonna die anyway might as well die happy

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I can assure you down that path only lies an empty pizza box and regrets

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Gaius Marius posted:

I can assure you down that path only lies an empty pizza box and regrets

Only the penitent man will pass

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Spazzle posted:

I've seen it grow mold after a few months.

Weird. I've heard of moldy kimchi but I've had jars I forgot about for a year+ and never seen any mold. I'm guessing it was hanging around out of the brine?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

Weird. I've heard of moldy kimchi but I've had jars I forgot about for a year+ and never seen any mold. I'm guessing it was hanging around out of the brine?

It may have come from it being open at some point.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

This is the way.

Renegret posted:

We're all gonna die anyway might as well die happy

Goon has spoken.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Gaius Marius posted:

From a photo of the food court I took this year, a whole cheese pizza is 4,250 cals, and a whole pep is 3,650cals.

So... Eat up Johnny!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

StormDrain posted:

From a photo of the food court I took this year, a whole cheese pizza is 4,250 cals, and a whole pep is 3,650cals.

So... Eat up Johnny!

You'll only gain a pound from those numbers, that's nothing!

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

shadow puppet of a posted:

A whole pizza is six slices...

You know what must be done. And in a single sitting.

I must confess I've never ordered a full-size Costco pizza. I've had the slices, and I've made the mistake of picking up the take-and-bake twice. What's the turn-around time from ordering to when it's ready? Like, do you need to call ahead? Way ahead? Order it and do some shopping? Or do you do some shopping, order the pie, and a machine 3d prints one into the box in minutes?

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

fischtick posted:

I must confess I've never ordered a full-size Costco pizza. I've had the slices, and I've made the mistake of picking up the take-and-bake twice. What's the turn-around time from ordering to when it's ready? Like, do you need to call ahead? Way ahead? Order it and do some shopping? Or do you do some shopping, order the pie, and a machine 3d prints one into the box in minutes?

20 minutes, we order ours before we get in line for the register and it's done by the time we've packed the car

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

fischtick posted:

Order it and do some shopping?

This works for me. I just order in person when I first get into Costco, and it is ready for me when I am walking out of the store.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

silence_kit posted:

This works for me. I just order in person when I first get into Costco, and it is ready for me when I am walking out of the store.

Oh so you don't respect the store enough to dutifully walk every aisle?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You can also just phone it in. That’s what I do when I order pizza for people at work.

$40 in pizza goes a long drat way and people love it.

Even if you get a few people to chip in $5 it’s the cheapest lunch you’ll get.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

ThirstyBuck posted:

Why do returns at my church take so long? It’s like descrambling the Matrix every time I need to do it? And forget online purchases, that is automatically 4x as long. Like everything is bought on my card what is the big mystery??

Nevertheless, PBUC always and forever. Got a slice, it was good.

Do you bring your receipts?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

A whole Costco pizza is definitely more than 1800 calories. I'd put it at 3500-3600 easy, depending on toppings.

Edit: Someone posted to confirm. It's loaded.

Worth it though. You'll hate yourself in the morning, but what's new.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I moved recently and the closest Costco is now an hour away so we made our first trip there yesterday.

I've been keeping an eye on chest freezers on Costco.com since I'll need to stock up on our less-frequent trips, but haven't seen many come into stock under $900 for a huge one. The only other one I've seen come into stock was 3.8 cu ft and it was $50 more expensive than the 5 cu ft model I ordered from Amazon. It probably has something to do with them building the shipping charge into the price of the stuff they sell on their website, especially the heavier items like chest freezers.

Anyway, this is the first time I've had the opportunity to try Bitchin' Sauce, and it is absolutely excellent. I put some on the Jamaican beef patties I had for dinner last night and it was outrageously good.

Ended up spending $660 and I'm glad I have a vacuum sealer since I now have a bunch of frozen meat to choose from.

Got a couple dogs on the way out and unfortunately they only had ketchup and mustard to-go as condiments. I don't do ketchup so a mustard-only dog was kind of underwhelming, but it's still a Costco hot dog so it was good.

PBUC.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Uncle Lizard posted:

I thought Foster Farms was the good one, because I know Tyson is a lovely company.

Foster Farms was on PBS Frontline which is rarely a good thing but it had to do with salmonella outbreaks some time ago, so generally I assume their products are ok.

Reporting back that their Costco wings are a little on the small side but good

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Home Depot seems to semi regularly restock chest freezers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Forgot to post my steak (first time I've done a reverse sear) and Roli Roti Heirloom Potatoes I picked up from Church

Fresh out of the packaging

After 4 hours of dry brining

After resting

For some reason this cut looks dryer than it was