Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When is it? Tuesday?
Pc too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

yes
no

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh right, 13 Sentinels!

The pre-release buzz has been so strong that... well I'm not going to impulse purchase it but I might convert my TLOU2 rental into a purchase and rent that

Edit: Well I have spent the money to keep TLOU2, since I have rented it for three months for $12 a month and I spent $28 to keep it, that means I've paid $62 for this game.

Still better than the times I spent $80+ each on Knack 1 and NBA 2K14 and then still had to return them lol

ah, so that's the gamefly business model

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

When is it? Tuesday?
Pc too?

Tuesday, PS4 only. I'm buying it day 1 having heard nothing about it other than Yoko Taro likes it

also that it is, quote, "nuts"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Disclaimer though; This is not the 13 year old version of the game they are talking about. This is a super updated version with 8K textures and ray-tracing. Can it run the original 2007 version at 4k and 60fps? absolutely people have been doing it for years now. The remaster is completely different.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rinkles posted:

ah, so that's the gamefly business model

I would like to say that it's evened out in the long run because there are other times like when I was able to get Prey on release day and played it to completion for effectively $5, but tbh it probably hasn't lol

Same deal with Persona 5, man I was just churning through games in 2017 I guess. Seems like another lifetime

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Disclaimer though; This is not the 13 year old version of the game they are talking about. This is a super updated version with 8K textures and ray-tracing. Can it run the original 2007 version at 4k and 60fps? absolutely people have been doing it for years now. The remaster is completely different.
The post already said Crysis: Remastered

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I've beaten like...six 15-20 hour games in the last three weeks

Nexomon
Paradise Killer
Parasite Eve II
Langrisser I
Hades
Ace Attorney I

And now that we're finally to the end of the month it's time for 13 Sentinels and Genshin Impact!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Spring Break My Heart posted:

The post already said Crysis: Remastered

The headline makes it seem like a low effort remaster that is just re-selling the game for quick cash. Something Crytek actually desperately needs in order to stay afloat. The headline gives the impression that the game is simply unoptimized as gently caress, when in reality it goes on to mention that if you drop the settings in a few minor ways the game all of a sudden hits 60fps quite easily.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Anyone have recommendations between Hades or Spelunky 2?

Never played Spelunky 1

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Anyone have recommendations between Hades or Spelunky 2?

Never played Spelunky 1

I've heard Spelunky 2 is much harder than 1 so if you don't have that skillset already built up it might be tough, especially since Spelunky wasn't exactly an easy game to begin with. Hades feels very very good and is also consistently challenging, but it's much more of a roguelike where you get to explore a lot of options where you pick powerups and do builds like a JRPG kind of, whereas Spelunky is a permadeath platformer where all the powerups are like, take less fall damage or a slow downward glide.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Having played both, spelunky 2
be prepared to get completely owned.

Hades is fun and has more story, theming, characters, etc if thats what you want but spelunky is sublime

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

The whole series is so good

I never knew a minecraft video could even approach entertaining but these were a fun watch

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

And even the remaster, you're gonna be real hard pressed to tell the difference between "high" and "can it run crysis" unless you zoom in on a stopped frame and compare pixels.

Playing the remaster on high at 4k should look insanely good and on a 3070 you should be able to run that at good FPS.

The "can it run crysis" mode basically is designed specifically to be something only future cards can handle. It just pushes the resolutions of everything to a larger size than current cards can handle, even though that gives basically zero real fidelity improvement.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I want to watch a AGC (ACG?) review or something similar of 13 Sentinels. I’m worried that it’s going to be more visual novel than game, and the gameplay looks like a stylish tower defense with some Robot Wars-sequel animations. Also all the pilots drive their mechs in the buff, so your teenage school boys and girls are nude in their cockpit portraits which seems a little weird. At least that’s what it looked like from one of the videos, I’m not trying to sensationalize anything it just stood out to me.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

LawfulWaffle posted:

I want to watch a AGC (ACG?) review or something similar of 13 Sentinels. I’m worried that it’s going to be more visual novel than game, and the gameplay looks like a stylish tower defense with some Robot Wars-sequel animations. Also all the pilots drive their mechs in the buff, so your teenage school boys and girls are nude in their cockpit portraits which seems a little weird. At least that’s what it looked like from one of the videos, I’m not trying to sensationalize anything it just stood out to me.

Yeah but Yoko Taro says it's good

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

No, Ema chills out in the 3DS games because she gets reassigned to the department she wants. She's also in the Investigations games as her chipper teen self.

I have not played the 3ds games, I didn't have one

I'm glad to hear she managed to get her dream job tho.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Grapplejack posted:

The only thing that kind of turns me off about From The Ashes is that it's weird to have Ema being all "IT WAS TOTALLY ME" despite it obviously not being her after spending like four hours with Edgeworth doing the exact same thing

I only got like ten minutes in before I took a nap and then I started playing Hades again though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Grapplejack posted:

She's definitely got less of a presence, but she's much happier when she's in Forensics.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yeah but Yoko Taro says it's good

Also Sakurai

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dunno if devs generally have good opinions about games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What about movies

https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/1089146322332995586?lang=en

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i don't know how it's even humanly possible but bound by flame actually has slightly less terrible combat than greedfall. how did spiders slip backwards lol

i mean it still has no damage feedback whatsoever which is loving criminal but it's generally more uptempo

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yoko Taro wrote two of the best video game stories of all time I'd trust his opinion on just about anything

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

whatever or wherever kojima gets inspiration i can only encourage him to continue

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sakurai is also on gamer mount rushmore, for the masterful Kid Icarus Uprising

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Save your favorites while you can
https://twitter.com/TomAndIsabelle2/status/1307845939986604032

Edit: wow half the TL is gone already

I saved my favorite and also coincidentally the one most relevant right now

https://twitter.com/TomAndIsabelle2/status/1254812848758444033

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 21, 2020

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

playing psnow games

exist archive - the composer's having a lot of fun on this one, i guess it's the same composer as tales of berseria but the music here is more prog and own imo. art style is actually okay, platforming has bad edge forgiveness which seems like it'll be a problem later. keeping installed for now

akiba's trip - combat is clunky and bad. uninstalled

EDF 4.1 - wtf an EDF that reaches 60fps on a console. it's fun. you love to see an infinite ammo rocket launcher. keeping installed

night of azure - its alright. gust's penchant for dialogue driven cutscenes is in effect but it also has action inspired by Ys.. not as good, though, because Ys' slashing is much faster and makes you a whirling tornado of carnage and this is more 3-swings-then-pause combat which has always been the most generic combat to me. but it does similar to Ys where enemies barf out temporary stat buffs and healing. and the 15 minute mission time limits mean quests won't take forever. keeping installed for now

fairy fencer f ADF - i tried this once on a potato laptop and it ran at 30fps.. runs at full speed on ps4 and the whole motif seems to be "gotta go fast", battles are fast, getting through victory screens can be mashed super quickly, difficulty curve seems really lenient, and it's gone at least a full hour without a horny cutscene image which shows tremendous restraint on compile heart's part. keeping installed for now, i saw already on a guide that you have to play through all the locations twice so idk about that lol (i've never played a compile heart game very far but maybe it's the norm for their games)

i also installed primal and counterspy. there are actually not a TON of ps4 games that i care about left to download on psnow unless i just want to try random poo poo. the majority of my psnow sub is gonna likely be ps3 streaming, which actually has less latency than remote play on Vita so.. good job on that i guess

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I don’t think people play Akiba Strip for the combat

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm playing The Forest co-op with friends. We live in a fuckshack on the beach, our bed is apparently five lovely in-flight magazines and two pillows, we just beat off a bunch of naked guys and I think I made a species of turtle extinct. Someone dropped a tree on me but that's okay because I drank a soda, clearcut an entire forest, then set up a fortress to be the lord of the flies in. Also I think I ate someone.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm playing The Forest co-op with friends. We live in a fuckshack on the beach, our bed is apparently five lovely in-flight magazines and two pillows, we just beat off a bunch of naked guys and I think I made a species of turtle extinct. Someone dropped a tree on me but that's okay because I drank a soda, clearcut an entire forest, then set up a fortress to be the lord of the flies in. Also I think I ate someone.

I’m sorry, I think I’m encountering an error due to you using “fuckshack” and “beat off a bunch of naked guys” in the same sentence. Are you sure one of your friends isn’t running a Fire Island mod?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Yay Game Pass!

Friend downloads game, I have game on Steam, let's play!

lol no

Ok, fine, delete Steam version, I'll download the Game Pass version, let's play!

lol download the new Xbox app!

Ok, fine, let's play!

lol friend doesn't show online, inviting does nothing

Ok, fine, how about friend, you just buy the loving game on Steam and let's pretend this last hour of waste never happened, and Microsoft, why are you so dumb

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LawfulWaffle posted:

I’m sorry, I think I’m encountering an error due to you using “fuckshack” and “beat off a bunch of naked guys” in the same sentence. Are you sure one of your friends isn’t running a Fire Island mod?

I don't know what that means!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

no one can figure out how the guys who make the entire OS everyone uses have now had multiple front ends for games that fail to work normally like the ones by people who didnt make the OS

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

youd think designing and creating windows would give you a leg up in installing things from your own app in a normal way however microsoft store and xbox app are here to do something inexplicable that can also break to the point of needing linux to fix it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In unrelated news gyudon continues to be good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yoko Taro wrote two of the best video game stories of all time I'd trust his opinion on just about anything

Let me tell you about my friends Notch and Jonathan Blow

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey did Notch follow through on that promise? Is he gone from social media?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Let me tell you about my friends Notch and Jonathan Blow

ah a guy who stole the single idea he had in history and a hack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They’re good games op