Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Patch for PS4/Xbone will up at 6 PDT

Stadia patch "pending"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

I'm honestly shocked PC got this first, I thought the story of this game would be PC constantly getting everything last.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

When I saw Stadia patch notes I nearly spit my drink because I thought that service was DOA.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
“Approaching hackable terminals with a Hero that lacks that ability now displays a tutorial explaining why it cannot be accessed.”

CAPTAIN AMERICA WILL CONTINUE TO BE USELESS AND YOU WILL LIKE IT, DAMMIT!

edit: unless this means something else.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Black Stones posted:

“Approaching hackable terminals with a Hero that lacks that ability now displays a tutorial explaining why it cannot be accessed.”

CAPTAIN AMERICA WILL CONTINUE TO BE USELESS AND YOU WILL LIKE IT, DAMMIT!

edit: unless this means something else.

It doesn't, but the dev said in a stream that they'll allow you to use AI teammates to open those doors in a future patch.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

(double posting from the Avengers discussion in the Anthem thread since I didn't see this thread first).

I got the game to play with friends and jumped straight into multi. I mained Kamala because she's adorable and my friends were already maining Hulk, Thor and Cap. Then I learned Kamala has a costume that requires beating the campaign so I went back. I went back when I was, like, power level 122.

Got to Hulk's part. First section ain't so bad, everyone's level 6 and Hulk is level 8 or so. Then it switches to Kamala again and she's fighting enemies scaled to her.

Then it takes me to Hulk versus Abomination. Abomination is scaled to (multiplayer) Kamala. He kills Hulk in one shot with any attack and takes no damage. I cannot swap out to Kamala to fight him.

This happened pre patch. Post patch that released today? Still die to one hit.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Haha, that's really funny, sorry, that sucks.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That would seem like something that would happen.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
I've been playing since the patch hit on PC but finally stopped. I uninstalled the game.

Matchmaking is better but it's still taking way too long to find people. The game has crashed several times. There are still audio issues, enemy bugs (the Phased Robots can now become invincible, leading to missions you absolutely CANNOT complete and have to just quit). Enemies are still getting stuck under the floor and behind walls. It's just too little, too late.

I'm sad and angry because I just want to play the game, the combat is so good when it's not broken.

It really is just another Anthem, and that's really loving sad.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I got an email today with some stats, got widow in the top 5% of users or whatever, cool, alright 100,000 monsters killed, whatever

my friend and I were playing together the last couple of weeks off and on and he just texted me that the email he got contained all my information in the email instead of his

he like texted "congrats on your widow achievements" and I was like what, and yeah, the email he received basically mirrors my own

just loving lol

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

they did warn you about spoilers in going directly to multiplayer, but not this kind...

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

My friend who mained Cap updated the game and it CTD'd four times without letting him join single player or multi.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
holy poo poo do you chew through materials upgrading those level 130 equipment pieces

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

marshmallow creep posted:

My friend who mained Cap updated the game and it CTD'd four times without letting him join single player or multi.

Playing first mission since the patch, Thor's iconic mission solo, and crash 20 mins in. Ugh, what a mess.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Soonmot posted:

holy poo poo do you chew through materials upgrading those level 130 equipment pieces

Yeah. Don’t burn through the upgrade modules until you feel decent about your choices. Everything else is easy to get with faction but those are too expensive to rely on buying

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Right now I'm just focused on getting widow to 150 so I can then decide on what stats and bonuses I'm looking for long term. Is there a farming method for upgrade modules or are they just random loot

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
these mega hives are probably the worst content added to a multiplayer centric game I've ever seen

1. solo only, can't do with a group at all (multiplayer ONLY centric hives will be coming sometime soon, but like...why)
2. mega hives have floors within floors, so you can spend a ton of time here, with zero checkpointing (one crash = start the gently caress over from square one)...average completion time is 2 to 2.5 hours
3. mega hives are multi-stage, so after the first mega hive quest is complete in your log, it sends you to the next in the chain...but keeps the number of deaths you've had since you began the quest

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

So do y'all recommend upgrading all the basic abilities first and then picking tech specializations?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Carlosologist posted:

So do y'all recommend upgrading all the basic abilities first and then picking tech specializations?

No. Get the skills/upgrades you see yourself using and then probably knock out the specializations that increase things like stun damage and heroic orb drops. What order you want to go in is pretty dependent on your character and what you want them to do.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I found unlocking all the moves and having a wider variety of options more fun personally, but I am not at all a min/max type of player.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
I can't even get any kind of matchmaking to work, opening up a mission or selecting quickmatch, nothing has worked all day :argh:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I still haven’t touched multiplayer because of all the complaints. That said, the ability to remove motion blur made this game run so much smoother on PS4.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Good Citizen posted:

No. Get the skills/upgrades you see yourself using and then probably knock out the specializations that increase things like stun damage and heroic orb drops. What order you want to go in is pretty dependent on your character and what you want them to do.

Heroic Takedown mastery should probably be the first specialization skill you get for every character.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The first time I booted it up after the patch it started replaying all the ending cutscenes again. I’m still waiting to see if it rolled back any progress but if it did I’m gonna be pissed.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Can you actually get exotic gear yet?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

RatHat posted:

I guess I pre-ordered too late from Amazon because I never got the code for the legacy outfit pack(seems like it’s tied to the beta code). I really wanted that cap skin

You can get the legacy outfit pack pretty cheap off of ebay if you're still looking.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Spacebump posted:

You can get the legacy outfit pack pretty cheap off of ebay if you're still looking.

Huh, there's a guy selling them for about $4 who has sold about 250 of them...How would someone get so many?

EDIT: I figured I'd probably buy it when it gets released for everyone anyway, and it's cheaper here, so I bought one for $3. Now I can use the broken Cap skin before it's fixed.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Sep 20, 2020

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Can you actually get exotic gear yet?
Yeah.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Are there any hidden costumes you can’t see on the cosmetics screen?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Invalid Validation posted:

Are there any hidden costumes you can’t see on the cosmetics screen?

Yeah the ones in the marketplace don't show up greyed out there.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I wonder if they’ll cycle some of the paid some cosmetics into the free loot pool after a couple of months/year. So of them are real cool, but I also don’t want to pay hundreds to play dress up with Tony Stark.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Only if you are extremely lucky

Not getting a guaranteed exotic after clearing the mega hive is bullshit. I'd be a little more forgiving if it wasnt only 1 time a week that you can run it.

I've seen people on reddit claim they got an exotic after clearing elite vaults and elite villians but until I see actual proof I don't quite believe it.

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012
So, as it turns out, a laser-oriented Iron Man can be ridiculously fun, especially when you gear the lasers to shoot Pym particles. I'm just stunning and shrinking bastards all over the place. Extremely recommended.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I've really come around on Iron Man. Definitely my second most played hero after Thor.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

filmcynic posted:

So, as it turns out, a laser-oriented Iron Man can be ridiculously fun, especially when you gear the lasers to shoot Pym particles. I'm just stunning and shrinking bastards all over the place. Extremely recommended.

Yeah sounds like This build from reddit. Tons of crowd control so it’s a really cool support build for multiplayer. Note that the melee laser attacks scale with Might.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
so uh, my level 50 hulk has two extra skill points?

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

RatHat posted:

Yeah sounds like This build from reddit. Tons of crowd control so it’s a really cool support build for multiplayer. Note that the melee laser attacks scale with Might.

Yep, that's the one. I should've posted the link, thanks. BTW, for those looking to beef up their support AI characters, the same guy's got a Hulk build that generates a disgusting amount of orbs.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
wat's the best mission to find a dang dreadbot in?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

For those of you stuck on upgrading gear, remember the robutt on the ship sells rare supplies for 50 fragments for 10 nanites or whatever. I had like 20k fragments by the time I needed to buy upgrade pieces.

Also this game feels very DOA. There are 3 of us playing, between matchmaking issues and crashes we leveled up and did the main story and post story by ourselves and now, unlike even destiny at launch, there is no progression content to do unless you max out all your dudes to run the same single player mega dungeon... Once a week? I'm still helping out goons and stuff that are still running through it but outside of repeating insanely samey boring content to level up another char, there is nothing. Single player ghost of tsushima and even poo poo like mortal Shell had a bunch of people on my friends list playing it when they came out. Avengers still has just me, the irl friends that got it, and the 2 goons that added me for the sole purpose of this game.

I was hoping this would last until cyberpunk at least, but at this rate...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I mean it probably is. I’m absolutely getting my money’s worth, but I have little interest in playing long term like a GaaS game wants.