Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Would you like to take part in a DIY secret santa this year?
This poll is closed.
No thank you 3 8.57%
Yes, and I'll ship anywhere 8 22.86%
Yes, and I'll ship within my part of the world 11 31.43%
Yes, and I'll ship within my country 13 37.14%
Total: 35 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Hello, sweet DIYers. I'd like to float the idea of a DIY secret santa wherein we make each other things. I took the temperature of the discord (no covid, thankfully) and people were open to it, provided we figure out ways to avoid people having to spend loads on shipping things.

To that end please vote in this poll as to whether you feel like you'd want to be involved, and if so what your tolerance is for postage.

If we have the numbers to go ahead I'd like to kick it off soon to give people plenty of time for making!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
I'd be interested in doing the Secret Santa thing, I've done a lot of lurking in various diy forums and figure I should try to take part at least every once in a while.

As for post, in the US there's usually flat-rate boxes which are no problem, international might be iffy depending on location. Currently the Usps won't ship to some countries due to covid (https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm) but priority international is only 6-10 days and starts at $26.90, so I don't have any issues there.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I love Secret Santa. Japan Post isn't accepting any non-document international mail right now, but the private carriers will take small items.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I might be in, pending condition of my finances and how much we're expected to spend on materials, what end of the country I'm living in when holidays roll around, whether the post office is a smoking ruin by then, etc.

If so, count me in for continental USA.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
I'm so down for this. Last year I made some little ornaments that occasionally flash a message in russian morse code as part of an ornament exchange and I had so much fun, even when I was bodging in extra capacitors the day before I had to mail everything out.

I'm basically good with any US shipping and I don't want to set a bound for overseas shipping so I'll just say I'll keep mailing until I run out of mailing money.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I'm in, and I'll even be up for international if no one gets upset by however long it takes to get where it's going.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

kastein posted:

I might be in, pending condition of my finances and how much we're expected to spend on materials, what end of the country I'm living in when holidays roll around, whether the post office is a smoking ruin by then, etc.

If so, count me in for continental USA.

IMO it's more about effort and attention spent than money.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
This is a very very cool idea but I deffo don't have the confidence to join. This is a great sub forum

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm in and will ship wherever the post office lets me.

Peeches
May 25, 2018

Jaded Burnout posted:

Hello, sweet DIYers. I'd like to float the idea of a DIY secret santa wherein we make each other things. I took the temperature of the discord (no covid, thankfully) and people were open to it, provided we figure out ways to avoid people having to spend loads on shipping things.

To that end please vote in this poll as to whether you feel like you'd want to be involved, and if so what your tolerance is for postage.

If we have the numbers to go ahead I'd like to kick it off soon to give people plenty of time for making!

I'm down. Which discord? Am I missing out?

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

This is a very very cool idea but I deffo don't have the confidence to join. This is a great sub forum

Its more about the love and care than how epic or perfect it is. I'd be stoked to get an unfinished handcarved spoon if that's all you have time/skill/effort for. Actually I'd love a handcarved spoon.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Peeches posted:

I'm down. Which discord? Am I missing out?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929094&userid=58623#post506040111

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

Its more about the love and care than how epic or perfect it is. I'd be stoked to get an unfinished handcarved spoon if that's all you have time/skill/effort for. Actually I'd love a handcarved spoon.

:hmmyes:

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

I'm interested in participating! Due to finances I think I'll have to stick within the US for shipping purposes.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I’m definitely interested. I could do international shipping but it would probably limit what I make.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

I'll do a proper sign up thread shortly. Until then, watch this space!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

:pcgaming: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941260 :pcgaming:

Signups are now open! Get your DIY secret santa on!