Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

please knock Mom! posted:

The easiest way is with a premium tab. You can right click the tab, set it to public, then right click an item in the tab and set it to negotiable price: 69 chaos orbs.

Also, low life builds require some very specific items, don’t be too sad.

Thanks on both things, listed a few tabs of poo poo. Lets hope it won't get too distractive from gameplay

Miss Broccoli posted:

Yeah Tenzarin had a massive meltdown because Elentor both knows more than him and spent effort explaining with maths, something that she's very good at, why people are wrong.

I'd like to issue a formal apology to Elentor on me being wrong.

post awful snype edit
I guess I'll have to live with that too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
You can also set a tab to have a global buyout of x currency, and if you have a map tab you can set global buyouts/public yes or no for each individual tier. So for example if you are in yellow maps you can set all your white maps to 3 alch each and never run out of alch orbs.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Thanks on both things, listed a few tabs of poo poo. Lets hope it won't get too distractive from gameplay

word to the wise, if you get an item drop that your loot filter screams at you about, and you list it an immediately start getting slammed with offers maybe adjust it up a bit. remember, theres no penalty in ignoring sales

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I would recommend downloading POE awakened trade and using to to check prices on items. https://github.com/SnosMe/awakened-poe-trade

They have started using price prediction, i would advise you not to use it because its bad. Look at the price of items and how they compare what your selling and figure out the price yourself.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I think you should discuss Path of Exile in the Path of Exile thread and not just bandwagon someone who was wrong about something.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
arent you threadbanned lmao

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Rerolled a carrion golem build from ball lighting scion. Wasn't getting the damage past level 70+ I needed and couldn't find the gear in ssf.

So far half way through the acts and it's been pretty smooth with skeletons, SRS, and zombies. Probably one of the smoothest leveling experience I've ever had.

Also given how many minion unique items I found last league, it feels like rng is tilted towards them.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I beat sirus yesterday with a generic physical skeletons build (convoking wand, yellow shield, yellow corrupted 6l. the only special item is an elder bone helmet that cost me like 16c to buy but i buried a ton of currency into trying to craft it to get minion gem level & minion life [it didn't work out])

still have not bought the chaos skelly sword because it costs an absurd number of ex for something that looks like a sidegrade, and i'd have to buy a lot more stuff (triad grip, etc) to support it

every time i dipped my toe into heist i always either crashed and lost the will to keep going or got killed. might have to make a tankier buidl just for heisting.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I feel like heist is intentionally overtuned sky-high so you actually feel the pressure to escape rather than just casually murdering everything as you walk out. Not that it makes ripping in it feel any better, and it's very sad for the HC people.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They might relax on the difficulty because hardcore loot loss and time sink is pretty high.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
What's a good spell to use with Spellslinger, aside from Volatile Dead? I found out the VD balls will aggressively seek out offscreen targets, including unalerted guards... so it's not a good fit for Heist.

I kindof want to do bladefall/blast with it but all the builds for that are CoC instead.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

pro tip, just ignore small sales if you're busy. it's kind of frustrating as a buyer, but everybody understands that folks are playing the game and might not want to portal out of whatever they're doing to handle a 1c transaction. that kind of sale tends to be for items that are relatively interchangeable, so the buyer will just get their 1c unique from somebody else and be just as happy as they would with yours.

inevitably you're going to end up sitting in your hideout while you look stuff up, take a break to watch youtube, etc. and that's the time to offload your smaller stuff since it's as easy as just inviting the person and making the trade.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
theorycrafting for the iron mass whenever i get my hands on one - does anyone have any opinion on missing stuff? i'm probably missing a better way to reserve the mana, as this way you have flesh&stone and dread banner purely for the defensive side

vaal skelly - added chaos damage - withering touch - melee splash - minion damage - multistrike
(swap in melee phys for melee splash on bosses)
zombies - spectres - blood magic - meat shield
cyclone - cwc - spirit offering - fortify
carrion golem - empower - minion life (matua tupuna)
blasphemy - despair - flesh and stone
cwdt - immortal call; flame dash; dread banner

triad grip (white)
aul's uprising
iron mass
matua tupuna (for carrion +2)
lots of abyssal jewels for flat damage

to consider: feeding frenzy instead of empower on golems; rallying cry somewhere for the flat damage

KoldPT fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Sep 21, 2020

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

McFrugal posted:

What's a good spell to use with Spellslinger, aside from Volatile Dead? I found out the VD balls will aggressively seek out offscreen targets, including unalerted guards... so it's not a good fit for Heist.

I kindof want to do bladefall/blast with it but all the builds for that are CoC instead.

Perhaps Arc?

KoldPT posted:

theorycrafting for the iron mass whenever i get my hands on one - does anyone have any opinion on missing stuff? i'm probably missing a better way to reserve the mana, as this way you have flesh&stone and dread banner purely for the defensive side

vaal skelly - added chaos damage - withering touch - melee splash - minion damage - multistrike
(swap in melee phys for melee splash on bosses)

Unless something changed isn't feeding frenzy mandatory for melee skeletons so they zip to everything on screen?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Sep 21, 2020

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Unless something changed isn't feeding frenzy mandatory for melee skeletons so they zip to everything on screen?

I never found it necessary because you can just summon them on top of whatever you want them to kill. i do have to fit in feeding frenzy somewhere in there though, so i'd have to either put it in the 6l or cut empower. i don't think POB has implemented the weapon so I can't test what would be better in terms of DPS, but presumably you'd want to put it on the golems.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jazerus posted:

pro tip, just ignore small sales if you're busy. it's kind of frustrating as a buyer, but everybody understands that folks are playing the game and might not want to portal out of whatever they're doing to handle a 1c transaction. that kind of sale tends to be for items that are relatively interchangeable, so the buyer will just get their 1c unique from somebody else and be just as happy as they would with yours.

inevitably you're going to end up sitting in your hideout while you look stuff up, take a break to watch youtube, etc. and that's the time to offload your smaller stuff since it's as easy as just inviting the person and making the trade.

To continue on this, I have a specific tab for smaller sales. That tab goes private when I'm actively playing, and public when I'm netflixing/doing whatever. When I'm rich enough it never goes public again and I upgrade my filter a bit.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
In over a dozen builds I sifted through on youtube only one guy mentioned feeding frenzy as a mandatory and explained how and why - to make raise zombies act aggressively and use two support spectres with meatshield gem for sticking near you and defend. So is it really necessary for summon skeletons to use feeding frenzy?

Thanks for all the trade tips, cash is flowing in like crazy :D
If it keeps going like this I will be able to finish the build in less than a week

To continue on this, I have a specific tab for smaller sales. That tab goes private when I'm actively playing, and public when I'm netflixing/doing whatever. When I'm rich enough it never goes public again and I upgrade my filter a bit.

Just bought one more upgraded a tab and out of 5 default ones it picked 4th lol. I sold the individually listed item in the new tab in less than 10 seconds from listing it while writing this edit. Amazeballs

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Sep 21, 2020

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

In over a dozen builds I sifted through on youtube only one guy mentioned feeding frenzy as a mandatory and explained how and why - to make raise zombies act aggressively and use two support spectres with meatshield gem for sticking near you and defend. So is it really necessary for summon skeletons to use feeding frenzy?

The build I used two leagues ago was different in that it super focused on zombie with baron hat. zombies with feeding frenzy was nice, but not really needed since I convoked them a lot.

Feeding frenzy on skeletons I considered as a tool to help clear blight maps. Vaal + normal skeletons cast really far away in front of a mob train would mean I get to watch a long, thick, red line gradually shorten pausing only for annoying bosses.

They were cruise missles that could handle a lot of stuff as a throw away minion.

generic metric
Jul 1, 2008

i ditched hexblast occultist after A5 kitava on leaguestart and rerolled to ed/c trickster
yeah it's not a good league start but most importantly to me it feels clunky as hell. getting more area of effect and cast speed will fix the clumsiness somewhat but not enough for me to stick it out.

i'd imagine the ignite version is a lot smoother, but i already played penance brand ignite last league and that felt much nicer since you can just trigger the explode with your instant brand recall and that doesn't need a target.

anyway i'm having fun with my first non-ssfhc ed/c trickster

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

generic metric posted:

i ditched hexblast occultist after A5 kitava on leaguestart and rerolled to ed/c trickster
yeah it's not a good league start but most importantly to me it feels clunky as hell. getting more area of effect and cast speed will fix the clumsiness somewhat but not enough for me to stick it out.

i'd imagine the ignite version is a lot smoother,

nah

the problem is that you're dealing with a single point hit and a 22 radius proliferate. sometimes it just doesn't spread, and then you have to blow up a curse. it's also much slower on open maps than vaal fireball.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Playing a Trickster TR build and it feels a bit... lackluster? I'm still in white maps, so is it that I just need more investment in my gear or is that how the build runs? Not sure if I should start a new character, or stick with it.

generic metric
Jul 1, 2008

nah

the problem is that you're dealing with a single point hit and a 22 radius proliferate. sometimes it just doesn't spread, and then you have to blow up a curse. it's also much slower on open maps than vaal fireball.

i agree, but anything is a lot smoother than hexblast hit :negative:

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drewmoney posted:

Playing a Trickster TR build and it feels a bit... lackluster? I'm still in white maps, so is it that I just need more investment in my gear or is that how the build runs? Not sure if I should start a new character, or stick with it.

Tr has several upgrade gaps, the pf version is smoother

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

For TR get the porcupine cards or whatever cheap 6l bow source you can and shrieking essence of dread it, the +2 6L should feel good damage wise through yellow maps with no other damage gear.

Around tier 12ish maps the bosses start to feel pretty bad again, you usually respec then or start going for actual chaos dot gear.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
So, I league started as archmage arc and I'm hitting a wall in low yellows. The mana scaling gear that I was expecting to be cheap ended up being expensive. Any others who started as archmage, how did you gear?

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Haven't started this league yet, but you can craft them yourself with Lucent + Pristine fossils, since you'll take the notable that removes your ES anyways.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jean Eric Burn posted:

For TR get the porcupine cards or whatever cheap 6l bow source you can and shrieking essence of dread it, the +2 6L should feel good damage wise through yellow maps with no other damage gear.

Around tier 12ish maps the bosses start to feel pretty bad again, you usually respec then or start going for actual chaos dot gear.

No just use quill rain

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

McFrugal posted:

I did poison BF/BB spellslinger in delirium and it was great. It's pretty much a BV assassin build just with obliteration + shield instead of 2x obliterations or cold iron points.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm doing my usual slow leveling thing (just hit Act 7) but goddamn even with dogshit gear, Poison Blade Vortex is PoE Easy Mode. Easiest Kitava Malachi ever.

(Malachi is legit my favorite boss fight during the campaign. Possibly in the game.)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The best part about Malachai is that you only have to kill him once during the campaign

*glares at Shavronne*

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I think the second arena for the back half of Malachai is a little too small and cramped, but otherwise it’s a decent boss fight.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Assuming I need to have Atziri's Foible before transitioning into Archmage for my fireball right?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

boredsatellite posted:

Assuming I need to have Atziri's Foible before transitioning into Archmage for my fireball right?

No but you need a stormfire ring

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah I know but its super cheap at the moment so I can buy it whenever.

Just eyeing more pricy things like that amulet and Cloak of Defiance

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Gotcha, yeah archmage is worth it pretty much as soon as you can equip stormfire. Even if you only have like 3-4k mana it should still be an optimal support.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

whydirt posted:

I think the second arena for the back half of Malachai is a little too small and cramped, but otherwise it’s a decent boss fight.
Lovely music, too.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I look forward to the asylum music every league

wrt metaposting: when I started there was one gate keeping grognard that everyone cheerleaded like a bunch of toadies because he was good. I'll take a hundred rutibexes and tenzarins over that poo poo

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 21, 2020

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I am slow and just got to maps. I am firmly convinced that Heist is mostly a waste of time while leveling outside of the quest stuff to get it out of your inventory, mostly because it will loving murder you consistently and I’m playing a summoner that could kill most of the Act bosses in about 2 seconds if not for their phase mechanics, and that was before I got a Tabula.

I don’t think Heist is a bad mechanic outside of needing some tweaks and bugfixes. It’s kinda bland tho. Stealth isn’t a real thing, getting punished for killing mobs is kind of lame, and the NPCs are kind of tedious when it comes to actually using their skills.

I haven’t done a grand heist yet because I’m saving up coins to unlock stuff on one. I will withhold judgement until I do so mapping tonight. Hopefully I can get to yellow maps now.

I will say, the replica uniques and alternate quality gems are great ideas to inject new stuff without actually doing much work in terms of modeling or effects but it also sucks because it means Heist either has to go core, or they have to somehow reassign that loot elsewhere, or that content is lost.

It also sucks that they didn’t keep the empowered Lab offerings and Harbinger uniques from Harvest and I hope that stuff comes back like the Synthesis stuff did.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

boo_radley posted:

I want a replica Oni-Goroshi that just berates you for being a dummy while you wield it. No material difference, just different voice lines

How about it gives the bearer a lengthy and informed dissertation on the concept of consent?

Different question: does it matter if you fail one of the "quest" heists? The only time I've blown it so far in a heist it was one of those, and I don't know if it'll just drop again somewhere or if it doesn't particularly matter, since I have that goon already anyway. It was a very stupid death and I think I'd already picked up like 4c, so that was annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Sarcastro posted:

How about it gives the bearer a lengthy and informed dissertation on the concept of consent?

Different question: does it matter if you fail one of the "quest" heists? The only time I've blown it so far in a heist it was one of those, and I don't know if it'll just drop again somewhere or if it doesn't particularly matter, since I have that goon already anyway. It was a very stupid death and I think I'd already picked up like 4c, so that was annoying.

It will drop again. Sometimes not for a while though.