Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

So I don't need to dress in metal armor and wait around in lakes for a thunderstorm? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Killing the fish before you catch them? How crass. Just put on the Sheikah set, walk/swim right up to the fish, and grab them.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
So just splashing around frantically and mashing buttons trying to catch them live is not the most efficient method? Well well, what more surprises await me in this game.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
The other easy option is to equip the full Sheikah set and swim without dashing. Jump in or near a mass of fish and pick them all up.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Stand on a Cryonis block in the water and whistle to scare all the fish to shore then pick them up duh

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

jisforjosh posted:

Stand on a Cryonis block in the water and whistle to scare all the fish to shore then pick them up duh

Wait. What?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Fish swim away from whistling, and if you get clever with your Cryonis blocks you can herd them into huge schools that literally fling themselves onto the shore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83b-j9RVSps

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

YggiDee posted:

Fish swim away from whistling, and if you get clever with your Cryonis blocks you can herd them into huge schools that literally fling themselves onto the shore

This just blew my mind holy crap.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

That's cool but it sure looks like a lot more effort than just killing them

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

A few years ago, I played A Link Between Worlds and loved it. Is it worth playing A Link to the Past on Switch Online? I’ve never played it before. I’m worried that it will be too similar to ALBW to be worth my time.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ogmius815 posted:

A few years ago, I played A Link Between Worlds and loved it. Is it worth playing A Link to the Past on Switch Online? I’ve never played it before. I’m worried that it will be too similar to ALBW to be worth my time.

It’s very charming and you should love it too. But it is a glorified game boy game at the end of the day but they did make a bunch of good QOL improvements.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Cartoon Man posted:

It’s very charming and you should love it too. But it is a glorified game boy game at the end of the day but they did make a bunch of good QOL improvements.

:negative: :corsair:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oops I thought he was talking about the Links Awakening remake.

:saddowns:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

A Link to the Past is probably my favorite Zelda game because I don't have Link's Awakening nostalgia blindness

e: lol

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ogmius815 posted:

Presumably there are a lot of people who played Between Worlds who also played LttP and loved both. They are similar, as a sequel set mostly in the same world would be expected to be, but LttP is one of the best Zelda and SNES games so I definitely think you should check it out. I've played it several times. You've already paid for it so it's not like this is a decision about plopping down money for it.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Randomly, since this has been bothering me, can anyone experientially confirm for me if the Golden Bow in Breath of the Wild has the increased range of the Phrenic Bow in addition to the zoom ability? It seems like it probably does but the official guide weirdly says it doesn't (I don't have the complete edition one though). I now assume it does and the book just has a typo but this bugs me a little.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Golux posted:

Randomly, since this has been bothering me, can anyone experientially confirm for me if the Golden Bow in Breath of the Wild has the increased range of the Phrenic Bow in addition to the zoom ability? It seems like it probably does but the official guide weirdly says it doesn't (I don't have the complete edition one though). I now assume it does and the book just has a typo but this bugs me a little.

If you mean the one from the TP Zelda amiibo it has ludicrous range with no dropoff and I'd basically a laser

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

No he means a Golden Bow, which is a generic Gerudo-area bow.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Yeah the gerudo-series bow. I think it's the only bow besides the Phrenic bow that does the zoom-in

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

The Golux posted:

Yeah the gerudo-series bow. I think it's the only bow besides the Phrenic bow that does the zoom-in

Falcon Bow zooms in, too.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

No it doesn't. Its special trait is having high draw speed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:eyepop:

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Game horny

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Does finding this trigger another memory?

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Game of the decade

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lobok posted:

Does finding this trigger another memory?

In me, or...?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yahaha! You found me!

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008
I laughed at this at first because it looked like Link taking a lame rear end vacation picture and then noticed the background.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Maybe link should just be gay for once, like not stereotype Japanese "lady with beard ridiculous!" gay, but he had a secret romance with one of the other male gaurds and has to turn down Zelda in BotW2.
He's been borderline asexual for so long it's silly, time to make a stand Link.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Link might be gay, I mean he did flinch in disgust/terror at the giant sex fairies kissing and groping him

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

It just makes sense. He also has no problems wearing dresses to explore his sexuality and he employs openly gay contractors to renovate his house.

Zelda, upon being rebuffed, will focus on her career and the two will become good friends who occasionally meet up for coffee and complain about their love lives.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Can't forget about the dude Link openly honey potted for his boots.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

RickRogers posted:

It just makes sense. He also has no problems wearing dresses to explore his sexuality and he employs openly gay contractors to renovate his house.

Zelda, upon being rebuffed, will focus on her career and the two will become good friends who occasionally meet up for coffee and complain about their love lives.

Bold of you to assume Zelda is not also gay.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

As long as the game remains the same in that everybody wants to gently caress Link, I’m ok with whatever.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Cattail Prophet posted:

Bold of you to assume Zelda is not also gay.

Probably bolder of me to assume she likes Coffee.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Don’t commit bi-erasure itt. Link and the Fish princess were IN LOVE!

As a big fruitcake that sort of looks like Tingle IRL, I’m begging you please don’t take away Link’s beautiful and innocent approach to universal love! Link, the Hero of Bi-rule!

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Bust Rodd posted:

Link, the Hero of Bi-rule!

Holder of the Bi-force of courage

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Hope about we have a game without sexuality in it and keep it that way? I mean, there's plenty of other games if you need your fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fuzz posted:

Hope about we have a game without sexuality in it and keep it that way? I mean, there's plenty of other games if you need your fix.