Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

He's talking about blowing up HELPeR.

Huh, I stand corrected. I’ve never gotten to see that special since they don’t put it on streaming for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Huh, I stand corrected. I’ve never gotten to see that special since they don’t put it on streaming for whatever reason.

I think, strangely enough, that it is on CBS all access, but I do not see it on hulu. I can't recall if they include it as a part of the 24/7 marathon on adult swim's website or not. I have it because I bought it through itunes forever ago.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It’s definitely included in the marathon. I always seem to hit that episode or State Dinner when I turn it on.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If anyone doesn't know what we're talking about re: the marathon, here you go - https://www.adultswim.com/streams/the-venture-bros

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I can't even watch that being in the UK, so cruel.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think the joke might be that every single person on 21's suspect list actually did contribute to killing 24; the whole episode is a wild clusterfuck but IIRC, the Monarch and Sheila had captured Helper and planned to send him back with a time bomb inside him, and he'd ended up put in the Monarchmobile, which 21 and 24 had decided to take for a joyride. Brock decides to quit the OSI and goes 'Monarch, I'm taking your fricking car." hence why he's walking over to it as 24 is stuck inside with HeLPER and the bomb because his seat belt's stuck. Boom, both HeLPER and 24's heads go flying, the former getting lodged in Brock's chest.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I just love the concept the Cocoon has an off shift Henchmen bar complete with bar tender who still must wear the uniform with the wings.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

SeanBeansShako posted:

I just love the concept the Cocoon has an off shift Henchmen bar complete with bar tender who still must wear the uniform with the wings.

And that iirc both The Monarch and Dr.G have been refused service there.

Also, heads-up if you're not aware yet-- You can stream the whole series (plus a bunch of other AS stuff) in the UK using the C4 app!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

theflyingexecutive posted:

It’s definitely included in the marathon. I always seem to hit that episode or State Dinner when I turn it on.

The total runtime of The Venture Brothers + some padding for quick commercials seems to be pretty close to a multiple of 8 so the whole show advances VERY slowly if you tend to tune in at the same time every day. You'll see like the same three episodes for a few weeks until time drift very slowly gets you to the next three.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nephthys posted:

There was a pretty strong theory that movie night was caused by Manstrong. He survived the incident because he was too young to watch the movie, which also means he could have been the one to open the doors. He faints whenever faced with something sexual, so the theory was that he wandered into the room Jonas and Vendata were in and found the sex tape left by Vendata. This causes him to black out and accidentally cause the incident by falling on the lever. He then blocks the incident from his memory out of guilt which in turn worsens his sex-phobia.

Yup and it makes the most sense while explaining everything beautifully.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Nephthys posted:

There was a pretty strong theory that movie night was caused by Manstrong. He survived the incident because he was too young to watch the movie, which also means he could have been the one to open the doors. He faints whenever faced with something sexual, so the theory was that he wandered into the room Jonas and Vendata were in and found the sex tape left by Vendata. This causes him to black out and accidentally cause the incident by falling on the lever. He then blocks the incident from his memory out of guilt which in turn worsens his sex-phobia.

And Vendata is obviously Phantom Spaceman.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Red Death is Phantom Spaceman

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Images you can hear

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I hate that he looks like pence. I can’t unsee it.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

SeanBeansShako posted:

I can't even watch that being in the UK, so cruel.

If you pay your license fee (and I don't blame you if you don't) you can watch the whole series on the All 4 app at the moment. I don't know how much longer that'll continue, though.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

LashLightning posted:

If you pay your license fee (and I don't blame you if you don't) you can watch the whole series on the All 4 app at the moment. I don't know how much longer that'll continue, though.

Tempting but I know when I get around to it I might be too late.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
The epilogue of Gargantua 2 being a youtube thing and not in the episode itself always baffled me. It sets up the premise of the next 2 seasons, kind of important you'd think.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

zer0spunk posted:

The epilogue of Gargantua 2 being a youtube thing and not in the episode itself always baffled me. It sets up the premise of the next 2 seasons, kind of important you'd think.

I had no idea that even existed til your post. But all that stuff was established in Gargantua 2/the first episode of season 6 so it’s not like I felt lost without it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I had no idea that even existed til your post. But all that stuff was established in Gargantua 2/the first episode of season 6 so it’s not like I felt lost without it.

neither did i, how'd that happen.

crash test dummies. :hmbol:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Not as bad as making Gargantua-2 a DVD extra instead of part of the episode listing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

If you've only watched it on TV, or hell pirated it as seasons, or even streamed it sometimes, you don't know the movies exist.

Which is a much bigger what the gently caress when they are missing.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I never saw the pilot until a recent watch through. I'm still expecting them to bring back the characters from that in the finale or something.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

zer0spunk posted:

I never saw the pilot until a recent watch through. I'm still expecting them to bring back the characters from that in the finale or something.

Pilot is non-canon unfortunately. At least the commentary makes it heavily sound that way whenever they bring it up and how different it is.

At least one of the voices returned as the French Batman Lover. "I only like the batman because he has the best villains!" I love that line

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

pixaal posted:

Pilot is non-canon unfortunately. At least the commentary makes it heavily sound that way whenever they bring it up and how different it is.

But they refer to it all the dang time. Angry Brooding Early Brock comes from there and the Monarch and the Henchmen costumes turn up any time they have to do something from the past.

For instance, RUSSIAN GUYOVICH.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I'm just going to hope that somehow 2020 will make a small positive mark by getting this produced on another place because otherwise this year truly has been a complete write off of awful.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I don't know if anyone posted this yet, but here's a kind-of neat tribute to the show. This popped up Randomly® in my YouTube suggestions. There is even an included bit at the end where the ending of "The Invisible Hand of Fate" is presented with "Not the First Time" by Neil Innes (actually, a band called The World) playing instead of the stock (but sweet) music in the version that aired.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

tarlibone posted:

I don't know if anyone posted this yet, but here's a kind-of neat tribute to the show. This popped up Randomly® in my YouTube suggestions. There is even an included bit at the end where the ending of "The Invisible Hand of Fate" is presented with "Not the First Time" by Neil Innes (actually, a band called The World) playing instead of the stock (but sweet) music in the version that aired.

I think you forgot your video

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Oh, farts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYZaXD4X-JU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The "sorry I was on mute" of forum posting

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Also vaguely on topic, the works of Henry Darger have finally been scanned and put online

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

uh after looking it up from the reference from the show a few years ago wont that get me added to a list? I thought he had lots of drawings of naked children. I really don't want to see that. Or did he have something actually worth looking at?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

The "sorry I was on mute" of forum posting

Pretty much.

I've been working from home for around 14 years, and "Sorry I was on mute" is the Free Space on the teleconference bingo card.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

pixaal posted:

uh after looking it up from the reference from the show a few years ago wont that get me added to a list? I thought he had lots of drawings of naked children. I really don't want to see that. Or did he have something actually worth looking at?

It's mostly in that way that people used to not care about kids being naked in art that basically persisted till the 50's or so, even more so because I'm pretty sure Darger didn't draw most of his art from scratch, he mostly traced it from old magazines and ads he'd find

Basically it's not meant to be sexual, Henry Darger was just kinda weird in a generally harmless fashion

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

Also vaguely on topic, the works of Henry Darger have finally been scanned and put online

holy gently caress how long did that take?

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

2 weeks late to the funeral, and I only found out from some listicle nonsense recommended by chrome. Been scouring this thread and the web for over an hour with like a friend on repeat, hoping to find some good news. This show got me through some tough times, what a way to go :(

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
If anyone hasn't I highly suggest a read of Go Team Venture!: The Art and Making of The Venture Bros. It's about everything except the last season, and no you don't get to know what orb is or does. They joke about how people are fixated on it.

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

Keltar posted:

If anyone hasn't I highly suggest a read of Go Team Venture!: The Art and Making of The Venture Bros. It's about everything except the last season, and no you don't get to know what orb is or does. They joke about how people are fixated on it.

I like to think of ORB as a millennia long practical joke that was never intended to work.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Keltar posted:

First of all: oh yeah, this book is fantastic and just filled to the brim with stories from Doc and Jackson and artwork and well worth the purchase for anyone who ever was a fan of the show.

Secondly: ORB even appears in a videogame? In Poker Night at the Inventory 2 (back when Valve still made videogames) Brock would put it up as the prize if he ever got backed into a corner.

Sidebar: Poker Night 2 is a hoot and has an absolute rear end-ton of Patrick Warburton as Brock Samson, including a few stories that tie back around into the show. Plus you get to hear him interact with Ash Williams, Sam (& Max) and GlaD0S while he kicks your butt at poker! It's only a few bucks these days, so if anyone is hurting for a squirting of VB goodness it's worth a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It was made by Telltale, not Valve.