Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Perfect, in all ways, like the proverbial storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

some encouraging words

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1308039850881409025

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
It's starting to look like the October Surprise is going to be China attacking Taiwan.

https://twitter.com/economics/status/1308041624585469953?s=20

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It's starting to look like the October Surprise is going to be China attacking Taiwan.

https://twitter.com/economics/status/1308041624585469953?s=20

A Chinese fighter jet crashed near the Taiwan strait earlier this month and neither side have confirmed/denied anything about the reason it crashed.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

A Chinese fighter jet crashed near the Taiwan strait earlier this month and neither side have confirmed/denied anything about the reason it crashed.

An "unprecedented" 40-war plane incursion across the line of defense happened earlier today. Might just be sabre rattling, might be President Xi making a grab while he still can while the US founders about.

I know *I* sure as hell would, who's gonna stop him? The US? Lol!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

kennedy definitely had a tiny dick from being squeezed into a smaller shape by so many vaginas

this tracks, its definitely how i got mine

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

In a 6-3 decision the supreme court declares this somehow not unconstitutional

Although wouldn't that just make Harris president?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
didn't think anything could make me lol this morning but then our big boy comes out swinging w/ the resurrection of the perfect phone call.

lol

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Ebola Roulette posted:

Guess we'll find out all these little questions that weren't supposed to be posed.

Lol

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I thought that was debunked by a bunch of reputable publications? PRC jets have in fact been flying near and/or into ROC airspace, but this crash appears to be completely unrelated. For one thing, most of the reports say the jet crashed in Guangxi, a province that's almost a 1000km from Taiwan at its closest point. If it was shot down or even just suffered technical problems in the vicinity of Taiwan, it would be extremely odd for the pilot to fly for almost an hour inland, over two or three different provinces, before crashing down in Guangxi.

The claim that the crash was related to Taiwan seems to have started on Indian social media and rapidly picked up by Indian tabloids, before spreading to Western media. It could also be India trying to increase tension in the Taiwan Strait in order to divert Beijing's attention away from the Sino-Indian border. I don't know, just speculating here.

Interesting times.

Shanghaied fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 21, 2020

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Ebola Roulette posted:

Yeah no, I don't think the predisent understands how executive orders work, or how the government works in general. See also his bullshit EO on payroll tax that did sweet gently caress all.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

So something weird is going on. For the past year, year and a half, I would almost see zero pro-trump replies to tweets. Before then it was flooded by people like David Wohl, @ChatByCC, that woman who quoted bible verses, etc. Other than that @RealDefender weirdo, I would never see any positive replies to his tweets. For whatever reason, that tweet is absolutely flooded with pro-Trump tweets. I don't know if Twitter typically hid them from me and now they aren't, or if something fishy is going on, but I checked with my browser which isn't logged into my Twitter account and it's the same thing.

Lanth
Jun 15, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

So something weird is going on. For the past year, year and a half, I would almost see zero pro-trump replies to tweets. Before then it was flooded by people like David Wohl, @ChatByCC, that woman who quoted bible verses, etc. Other than that @RealDefender weirdo, I would never see any positive replies to his tweets. For whatever reason, that tweet is absolutely flooded with pro-Trump tweets. I don't know if Twitter typically hid them from me and now they aren't, or if something fishy is going on, but I checked with my browser which isn't logged into my Twitter account and it's the same thing.

I actually made the completely opposite observation the last couple of weeks, but to be fair I severely cut my daily Twitter time since the beginning of this year.

Looks to me as if he's getting way more backlash from normies now but maybe those are just the replies Twitter chose to show me.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Lanth posted:

I actually made the completely opposite observation the last couple of weeks, but to be fair I severely cut my daily Twitter time since the beginning of this year.

Looks to me as if he's getting way more backlash from normies now but maybe those are just the replies Twitter chose to show me.

Well I'm legitimately looking for anti-Trump responses and can't find any; even from people I follow. Like I said it's the same in my non-logged-in browser so it's definitely not an algorithm designed for me specifically.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pro-Trump bots are out in full force on facebook and stuff. My local Republican committee will post something, get ~150 likes, and all the responses are basically:

"Wow! So Cool" Maria Menarealperson

"Sleep Joe Biden will never win. TRUMP 2020!" Tom S Beanfarmer

"I did not know this but now I do, Trump 2020 wow." Trini Louis Algorithmio

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ebola Roulette posted:

The Harris longgame...

frh
Dec 6, 2014

A Fancy Hat posted:

Trini Louis Algorithmio

Mods. Name change. Please.

God bless 🙏

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ebola Roulette posted:

He’ll just sharpie in “and also Kemell Camel Kamalla Harris!”

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

old beast lunatic posted:

didn't think anything could make me lol this morning but then our big boy comes out swinging w/ the resurrection of the perfect phone call.

lol

it feels like it’s been centuries since we were last having a lol about the Perfect Phone Call, but that was this year

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
*Turns phone book sideways, to get a better look at the centerfold*

God drat is that the perfect phone call!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I know it's easy to forget because every day is basically a waking nightmare, but the President is probably the weirdest person who's ever lived and if he was related to you you'd be rushing him to the ER worried he had a stroke.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Waterbed Wendy posted:

The Immaculate Telephone Call may it be praised

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

*Turns phone book sideways, to get a better look at the centerfold*

God drat is that the perfect phone call!

From the point of view of phone calls it was one of the best, people are saying it's maybe the best ever?

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

This is crazy poo poo.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

A Fancy Hat posted:

I know it's easy to forget because every day is basically a waking nightmare, but the President is probably the weirdest person who's ever lived and if he was related to you you'd be rushing him to the ER worried he had a stroke.

Me taking Uncle Donnie to "the hospital":

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

A Fancy Hat posted:

trump hasn't had a normal human experience in 70 years. each and everything you have worried about your entire life has never even occurred to trump to be something to worry about. his entire life has been spent profiting off the misery of others making, to trump, "human misery" something to be desired, profited from, and looked down on.
trump's not "weird" he's the closest thing we'll ever get to seeing an alien

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

This year would be sort of saved if Donnie pulled off his mask and it was Sacha Baron Cohen doing a long con. Like, for his new show Batshit America.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

An insane mind posted:

This year would be sort of saved if Donnie pulled off his mask and it was Sacha Baron Cohen doing a long con. Like, for his new show Batshit America.

I was really hoping for an Andy Kaufman long con.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Cthulu Carl posted:

I was really hoping for an Andy Kaufman long con.

... Still think Ann Coulter might be Kaufman honestly

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Lou Takki posted:

From the point of view of phone calls it was one of the best, people are saying it's maybe the best ever?

*points to a pinup on the wall of the perfect call. You must avert your eyes, though it's just so perfect*

frh
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/doj-designates-new-york-city-as-an-anarchist-jurisdiction/2627588

Very cool and very legal

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1308037230909366272?s=21

I admit I did not expect Trump to go here.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Trump: If we wall in NYC then we can shut off the SDNY investigation.

Barr: Yeah, no it doesn't work like tha...

Trump: DO IT!

Barr (picking up the phone): Operation Snake Plissken is a go, I repeat a go!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Barr is so godawful he makes Jeffery Sessions look like a man of integrity and that's a lmao

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

*points to a pinup on the wall of the perfect call. You must avert your eyes, though it's just so perfect*

Some people are saying that Slow Joe (Joe Biden) is terrible at phone calls, I didn't say that but some people are saying that now and maybe someone should look into it? (SAILOR)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

many people are (grapes)

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Many people have been saying, okay, "Mr. President, we've never heard a more perfect call in our lives." And it's... quite frankly, I've been making phone calls for longer than most people have been alive, okay?

I was making phone calls at a very early age, very young, they put me in the basement of a house and locked the door. And I was maybe... 2 years old? Maybe. Not a lotta people makin' phone calls at 2 years, but they locked me in the basement with the phone. And then the phone starts ringing and you can hear 'em yelling upstairs.

"Answer the phone, Donald, please answer the phone!"

And I'm a little baby here, okay, little child. Wonderful child with enormous hands, enormous everything, quite frankly. And I go over to pick up the phone and even then, even back then, I realize its not plugged in to anything, and I start crying - like a dog - and they're screaming at me to pick up the phone. So you.... you gotta pick up the phone. And then right away you regret picking it up, it's not good, not good at all.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Trump: If we wall in NYC then we can shut off the SDNY investigation.

Barr: Yeah, no it doesn't work like tha...

Trump: DO IT!

Barr (picking up the phone): Operation Snake Plissken is a go, I repeat a go!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Trump’s eventually just going to straight up bomb states he doesn’t like (blue) isn’t he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

My CHUD in-laws think New York City is a nightmarish hellhole where you'll get robbed, raped, beaten, murdered, and then dragged into the toxic sewers by CHUDs (the cool ones) to be transformed into a Democrat. There may or may not be major issues with the Foot Clan, I'm not sure of the current Ninja Turtle situation to be honest.

This is sure to add fuel to that fire.