Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I hope someone makes spelunky2 death roulette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I broke down and bought the game instead of waiting for PC release.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AstuteEnergeticMuleBrokeBack

MOLES

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Diephoon posted:

I broke down and bought the game instead of waiting for PC release.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AstuteEnergeticMuleBrokeBack

MOLES

Welcome to Moleville, population ... 0

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Derek this seems a bit excessive why are you doing this. (Mechanics spoiler?)

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Derek this seems a bit excessive why are you doing this. (Mechanics spoiler?)

I don’t know what this is but it looks like it would murder me

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Had a few deaths in the Volcano where I'm completely taken by surprise by a huge explosion. I guess it's powder kegs + lava going off?

Usually the deaths you can trace back to a mistake but those ones I have a hard time learning from.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

They should do that thing in NOITA where you can ask the game to automatically save the last few second before death in a GIF.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fayez Butts posted:

The damsel in distress trope is also just sexist and dated

It wasn't like it was serious in Spelunky. And you could change it to a little chippendale or dog if you wanted to. I liked the damsels tbh. I cycled all of them. But his logic to not use them in this one makes sense.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Escape Goat posted:

Had a few deaths in the Volcano where I'm completely taken by surprise by a huge explosion. I guess it's powder kegs + lava going off?

Usually the deaths you can trace back to a mistake but those ones I have a hard time learning from.

Fire damage will also ignite jetpacks, power packs and hoverpacks, which may very well cause you to suddenly explode.

As it turns out there's a very good case to make now that the best item is (volcano secret spoiler) Vlad's Cape since it gives you double jump, cape floatation and gives double blood from all enemies for faster kupala health plus it isn't a bomb strapped to your back.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
(4-4 spoiler)
Expect power pack bombs to be...powerful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crG0AMXy9Xw

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Vegastar posted:

Fire damage will also ignite jetpacks, power packs and hoverpacks, which may very well cause you to suddenly explode.

Okay that was 100% it. Thanks! Next time I pick up a Jetpack in the starting area I think I'll head for the forest instead.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Hihohe posted:

They should do that thing in NOITA where you can ask the game to automatically save the last few second before death in a GIF.

Definitely. The comedy value of sharing death gifs, or even death gif compilations is tremendous. (also, learning)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I don’t know what this is but it looks like it would murder me

Nobody said the ghost can only split once it turns out

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

This loving sucks

all the lovely ps whatevers havers are living it up right now, and im just sitting here looking at my steam wishlist

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

why arnt you out right now

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hihohe posted:

This loving sucks

all the lovely ps whatevers havers are living it up right now, and im just sitting here looking at my steam wishlist

Think of the bright side. PS usually shoots for a year on timed exclusivity, so two weeks is nothing.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Escape Goat posted:

Okay that was 100% it. Thanks! Next time I pick up a Jetpack in the starting area I think I'll head for the forest instead.

Wait you can choose? I thought it was randomly warping me when I left 1-4

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Wait you can choose? I thought it was randomly warping me when I left 1-4

The left exit goes to the Jungle, the right exit goes to Volcana

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
So can anybody explain why the dice shopkeepers will just randomly flip out at me and kill me when I try to play their dice game? It happens all the time and I have no possible idea what is going on.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Diephoon posted:

The left exit goes to the Jungle, the right exit goes to Volcana

Lol I must have a tendency to the bottom righy, I’ve gotten Volcano80% of the time without realizing

Pakistani Brad Pitt fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 21, 2020

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Casey Finnigan posted:

So can anybody explain why the dice shopkeepers will just randomly flip out at me and kill me when I try to play their dice game? It happens all the time and I have no possible idea what is going on.

I think that happened to me today too. I took a clip and slowed it down. Someone in a discord I posted it in said I got hit by the zombie but that doesn't explain why the bodyguard decided to shoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk6nsn0MTpg

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Casey Finnigan posted:

Dice game fucks you over if

*You try to steal the dice for some reason, if it's too close to the entrance just cut your loss as it's super touchy on whats in the parlor and whatnot not
*You try to throw the same dice twice. If you toss it and pick it back up they'll freak out assuming your trying to cheat

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Dice game fucks you over if

*You try to steal the dice for some reason, if it's too close to the entrance just cut your loss as it's super touchy on whats in the parlor and whatnot not
*You try to throw the same dice twice. If you toss it and pick it back up they'll freak out assuming your trying to cheat

The dice physics are very unsatisfying, they should have the small rock weight so I can roll them bones instead of gently dropping them.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
So are there any solutions when you end up in an enclosed space with an axolotl? Or is that just the end of the run?

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Diephoon posted:

I think that happened to me today too. I took a clip and slowed it down. Someone in a discord I posted it in said I got hit by the zombie but that doesn't explain why the bodyguard decided to shoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk6nsn0MTpg

I think I have an idea what might have happened there: From what I've seen, unconscious bodies tend to act like projectiles, so it's possible that the zombie knocked you unconscious, you bumped into the bodyguard, he took that as an attack and immediately fired.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
That would make a lot of sense. If you die between a snake and a wall, you frequently see them keep bumping against you to bounce your body towards the wall, and then it reaches you against the wall and your body crushes the snake that is bumping it around.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Gary Oldman is tough to kill. I've done it by accident but not on purpose with a shotgun.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Surprised this worked out perfectly:

https://youtu.be/ayCSDZmwdt4

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Jolo posted:

Surprised this worked out perfectly:

https://youtu.be/ayCSDZmwdt4

:frogc00l:

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Rewatching it I'm shocked that the juke back towards the bomb just before it explodes didn't kill me. The bomb blows up the block I'm standing on and from testing bomb range it seems like it should've blown up the space I'm in also.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Can't believe you went for the turkey bomb there, you greedy bastard.

I got my first clear just now. :getin:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Does 91 deaths and a .01% winrate mean there were 900 restarts?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

No Wave posted:

Does 91 deaths and a .01% winrate mean there were 900 restarts?

I definitely didn't restart that many times so maybe it's a bug :shrug:

Here's one of the spelunkiest deaths I've experienced, featuring helping hands.
(2-1 spoiler)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rjco8UM5RM

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

I've been bombing/igniting all turkeys I run across in world one. Seems like the extra health is worth far more than the time/opportunity cost of gathering the turkeys to unlock a few thousand dollars in treasure.

Do any of the other mounts cook like that?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Pets cook if you kill em with fire, idk about other mounts.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

The Rock Hound and the Axolotl don't create health if you blow em up.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/Jnoel150/status/1308106721223557120?s=09

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

Pets cook if you kill em with fire, idk about other mounts.

Do they? I thought I toasted the pooch with a rock dog and ended up with a regular canine corpse.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah uh, it's only Turkeys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Diephoon posted:

Can't believe you went for the turkey bomb there, you greedy bastard.

I got my first clear just now. :getin:

I wonder if you can take the average time and multiply by your plays to get an estimated time played. Also, 93 plays, 91 deaths, 1 win.... what's the other play?