Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I would never suggest anyone actually play eve Online but it's an extremely good game

That's the best way I can put it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Balloon Challenge and Squish'Em (Sam) are great games and I suggest everyone play them. (I've only played thr Commodore 64 version of Squish'Em so I don't know if the other versions are great so beware!)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

abigserve posted:

Eve online is really only fun when you understand exactly what is happening and it takes ages to get to that stage.

Flying in giant goonswarm fleets if loving boring if you don't get the significance of what you're doing (and sometimes there isn't any, lol at station camping and watching pubbies whinge).

But when it's good, it's unlike anything else. Commanding a fleet, fighting on a wormhole, coordinating bumps, coordinating logi, coordinating jumps, watching the enemy ships very slowly whittle away while your own squadmates desperately try everything to stay alive, knowing every call you make is the difference between victory and defeat, it's an absolute rush.

also very true. when i played i was placed in a recon group which was fun once i was on the voice chat and knew what was moving where

that gap from overwhelmed newbie to gritty veteran is a tough on for the game itself to overcome. joining in a community from the start made a big difference and im curious if they addressed that in the game itself for new players

abigserve posted:

I would never suggest anyone actually play eve Online but it's an extremely good game

That's the best way I can put it

thats the best way to describe the experience

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

apparently there's another big war in eve online with like 50k people vs goonswarm. I'm almost tempted to pick it up again since nothing matters anymore so I may as well waste my time making some need angry (it's me!!)

I resubbed and have been having fun just shooting at bad guys who come into our space, tho I’ve not gotten any kills yet lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The Dame had gams for days, y'see

all that model work and all you ever see is some blurry rainbow gas, a big red explosion-shriek and then it being flattened underneath a hurtling desk.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
ff15 hit psnow so trying it out. it’s a bit different than say ff8, the last ff i actually played

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Uptime Sinclair posted:

ff15 hit psnow so trying it out. it’s a bit different than say ff8, the last ff i actually played

I actually bought my PS4 for FFXV and KH3. Shame they were both mediocre games.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I actually bought my PS4 for FFXV and KH3. Shame they were both mediocre games.
are they fairly similar? the arpg-ness of ff15 seems kh-y to me, a person who hasn’t played any kh since/besides kh1, a bit

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the first ff i played was IX, and i was enamored with it. stayed up many late nights playing all the little games and exploring. then i got ffX and ffX11 and was like wtf this is the exact same game with different gimmicks

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i started with x. x-2 was pretty fun.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i bought 9 for ps3 but never played more than 30 mins of it and now it has a hd remaster on newer platforms. x and x-2 always seemed mostly bad despite some cool characters.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

final fantasy is anime and the anime rule should extend to it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Cat Face Joe posted:

final fantasy is anime and the anime rule should extend to it

im okay with this.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

yeah ok i’m not against it either. it’s not a great game so far

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

the good final fantasies aren't anime

the bad final fantasies are bad precisely because they are anime

no I will not elaborate on which are good and which are bad

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
XV gameplay is pretty bad and the plot and characters are alright at best.

FFVII-R is better, though some of the changes to the story are divisive to say the least.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
XV is an awful game, especially for how much money was thrown at it. Some of the world design and music is cool, but the characters are one dimensional, the story's needlessly convoluted, and the combat is mushy unresponsive garbage.

anyway I got no man's sky on xbox game pass. I know I'm still doing the tutorial stuff but it sure is a whole lot of lasering rocks and plants

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

FF7 and FF9 are the only good FF games.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sweevo posted:

FF7 and FF9 are the only good FF games.

certainly the only ones worth considering playing in present-day. for its exact moment in time ff6 was kind of a proto-7 in how much rather crazy poo poo they crammed into it.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

qirex posted:

I will never understand games that don't allow multiple saves or easy starting over. sometimes you want those new game vibes once you're good at it

the crew 1 saves your progress on ubi's own servers and it's apparently impossible to start over without deleting your uplay account entirely

I worked on that

we didn't provide a new game option for reasons you'll hate to hear: we basically can't remove anything from player saves that they could possibly have purchased with the hard currency (cc) and our server programmers are super stingy with storage space so we dont store which currency you used to purchase things

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Zlodo posted:

I worked on that

we didn't provide a new game option for reasons you'll hate to hear: we basically can't remove anything from player saves that they could possibly have purchased with the hard currency (cc) and our server programmers are super stingy with storage space so we dont store which currency you used to purchase things

lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Zlodo posted:

I worked on that

i... :psyduck:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Zlodo posted:

I worked on that

lmfao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

WE CANNOT WASTE 8 BITS PER USER TO KNOW HOW THEY PAID SO gently caress EM THEY CAN NEVER PLAY AGAIN

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Kuvo posted:

XV is an awful game, especially for how much money was thrown at it. Some of the world design and music is cool, but the characters are one dimensional, the story's needlessly convoluted, and the combat is mushy unresponsive garbage.

The story is real bad because it kept on getting rewritten and having more and more poo poo thrown at it. At some point the director wanted to add mech battles after watching a show about mechs, and also make it a musical after seeing les mis.

In the end square replaced him with someone else and tried to push something out with what they had and we got FF XV.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
microsoft bought zenimax, rip the ps5 version of lots of games

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

WE CANNOT WASTE 8 BITS PER USER TO KNOW HOW THEY PAID SO gently caress EM THEY CAN NEVER PLAY AGAIN

heh, restarting from level 1 is not the most essential feature anyway in a game like the crew where you'd just go back to most features having to be unlocked again and cars that drive poorly because they have low level parts :shrug:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

haveblue posted:

microsoft bought zenimax, rip the ps5 version of lots of games

you mean rip any games zenimax would have made because after msft buys a company nothing good ever comes out of it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

this is pretty true. look at Rare, the only game of note they’ve made is a compilation of their pre-Microsoft work lmao

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

microsoft now owns commander keen

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
And elder scrolls

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

French Canadian posted:

And elder scrolls

heck of a way to rebrand extended support for office 97

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Achieve CHIM with Microsoft Sharepoint(R) 2020

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
khajit has warez if you have coin

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

haveblue posted:

khajit has warez if you have coin

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGfxRsNzunQ

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Zlodo posted:

I worked on that

my soul is richer for learning this, thanks for sharing

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Agile Vector posted:

heck of a way to rebrand extended support for office 97

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe