Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

gently caress swan ancestor was terrifying.

...it checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

feedmyleg posted:

That doesn't look very scary. More like a six-foot turkey :smug:

Dr Grant sighed as he unsheated his fossilized dinosaur claw.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

The MSJ posted:

This is from the artist who did illustrations for the October 2020 Nat Geo magazine dinosaur article. All the dinos shown are from the raptor family, with the two biggest being Utahraptor and Dakotaraptor.

The big tan one is giving off serious Mystic from the Dark Crystal vibes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

1stGear posted:

Dr Grant sighed as he unsheated his fossilized dinosaur claw.

And then erroneously describes how it was probably used.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Groovelord Neato posted:

And then erroneously describes how it was probably used.

Dr. Malcolm chuckled, "You mean the chaos theory?"

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001
Given that dinosaurs are basically giant chickens I can only imagine that they also taste like chickens. Giant delicious buffalo wings.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Given that dinosaurs are basically giant chickens I can only imagine that they also taste like chickens. Giant delicious buffalo wings.

This probably checks out, since alligator tastes more or less like chicken with a slightly chewier texture.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

GlassEye-Boy posted:

This checks out because maybe the best chicken wings I've had were at a place called Dinosaur.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Did they spare any expense?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Did they spare any expense?

I didn't. My gut grew three sizes that day.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Sounds like something from the flintstones.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Eh, it's a livin'.

*gets eaten*

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It would be funny to see what weaning an omnivorous carcass eating dinosaur on a diet adulterated with mostly corn would look like.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It would be funny to see what weaning an omnivorous carcass eating dinosaur on a diet adulterated with mostly corn would look like.

Sounds like something Ingen would try!

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That movie can go gently caress itself

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

The big tan one is giving off serious Mystic from the Dark Crystal vibes.

I immediately thought final fantasy

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Just lmao
https://twitter.com/benmullin/status/1308087136072003585?s=21

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Isn't chickens just small dinosaurs?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I'm curious what assets Quibi have that are worth buying. There's no good will associated with the name, I've never heard anything positive about their content, they don't seem to have a distinctive technology, and I'd be surprised if their app installs hit a market that's otherwise hard to reach.

Like, Pets.com at least got some money out of owning a notable URL.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I'll give them my shell corporation will give them $10 for it

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Just bury Quibi with their golden arm.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Over 70 years of film making progress!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Sir Kodiak posted:

I'm curious what assets Quibi have that are worth buying. There's no good will associated with the name, I've never heard anything positive about their content, they don't seem to have a distinctive technology, and I'd be surprised if their app installs hit a market that's otherwise hard to reach.

Maybe some outstanding contracts with talent?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sir Kodiak posted:

They really really think they have something special with their "video stream switching on phone rotation" tech. Doubt anyone else does tho.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

What exactly is the proposition for owning this thing?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

We have immense fun doing it?

Oh wait, you meant like, taking ownership of it. Yeah, beats me.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Man the people are just clamoring for ten minute webisodes. But there's just too much competition! It's not viable!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I do like that news of Quibi being shopped around comes the very next day after Kimmell called it a piece of crap during the Emmys last night.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lobok posted:

I do like that news of Quibi being shopped around comes the very next day after Kimmell called it a piece of crap during the Emmys last night.
That’s the most attention Quibi has ever received

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Ego-bot posted:

Ugh what is this trash?

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

married but discreet posted:

Ugh what is this trash?

Apparently someone thought the world needed a Black Narcissus remake for cable tv

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I just saw that trailer and had not seen the original. When I saw the trailer I didn't think anything off or bad about it, but seeing it compared it to the original it looks terrible.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Pretty sure I saw the original on HBOMax while scrolling the other night.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

Pretty sure I saw the original on HBOMax while scrolling the other night.

Yes, it, and many other fine movies, are in its Turner Classic Movies section, which anyone who has access to the service should check out.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

I guess we'll see if the rumors that they always planned to just stitch all the mini-episodes together into normal episodes and movies were true. Did the Reno 911 stuff at least end up decent?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cinemark is definitely not too sure of things going forward because I got an email today saying that they're going back to pausing charges for their Movie Club service.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Ego-bot posted:

Replacing some of the greatest matte work oof all time with whatever the digishit is that...

Why'd FX decide to waste $ on this?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

gently caress swan ancestor was terrifying.

...it checks out.

Those pictures aren't ancestors, it was a thought experiment on what certain animals would look like if you based them off their skeletal remains. They're basically a criticism of how we came up with these conclusions about how dinosaurs looked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Young Freud posted:

Those pictures aren't ancestors, it was a thought experiment on what certain animals would look like if you based them off their skeletal remains. They're basically a criticism of how we came up with these conclusions about how dinosaurs looked.

Basically, a lot of people kinda ignored the possible existence of lips when trying to reconstruct extinct animals, including dinosaurs.