Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
GREETINGS, C-SPAM

We did two mod feedback threads already, starting right after I became a mod. I think that they were really good and useful for me. We promised that we would try to do these mod feedback threads on a semi-regular basis, and now it's time for another edition.

When I started I had no idea what I was doing, and it takes a while to figure out how to operate the buttons, as well as how to navigate and interact with the community, as well as how to effectively communicate with the other non-C-SPAM mods, and the admins. It's definitely more work than I thought it would be, but I've been trying my best to listen and interact with you all, and to do what I can to make this community a nicer place. I think I've been doing a better job than I had been when I first started, but well, that's not up to me to determine, I want to hear from you what you think.

And on behalf of the other mods, Squizzle, Lightning Knight, and Brutalist McDonald's, I invite you to post any feedback you have for any of us.

I am also pleased to announce that we have added a new mod to the team, Crusty Nutsack. Crusty is relatively new to C-SPAM, but she fits right in and was a very dedicated poster in the Cool Zone thread, and besides being a very Cool and chill person she seemed to do a great job of reaching out and interacting with that community, so we made her into an IK, and she was great at that, so unfortunately for her we invited her to join the mod team last week and she said yes. I would say that everything she has done so far as a mod has been great, and she's been doing an excellent job of representing the thoughts and opinions of C-SPAM community to the forums at large and the powers that be. Please give her a warm C-SPAM welcome!

Crusty used to be an IK and is no longer, and likewise TheAardvark was an equally excellent C-SPAM IK who is now a mod of GBS. So, we decided to appoint replacements. Your new IKs are:

• Space God
  • euphronius
  • Phil Layshow

They have been posting their intros to the community in The Rules of C-SPAM thread, so go check those out.

:siren:IMPORTANT NOTE::siren:

Recently a member of our community has been through a difficult experience, and I know a lot of you have strong opinions about how that was handled. That's fine, and if you want to discuss that, please feel free to send me a PM about it, or to one of the other C-SPAM mods. We will do our best to have an honest straight-forward conversation with you about your concerns. If you have something important to say but you don't have PMs, then post about that here, and we will give you that ability so that you can reach out to us.

HOWEVER, this person has already been through a lot, and they really don't need any more to deal with at this time. And they definitely don't deserve to have the details of their life smeared around the forums and be debated by hundreds of random posters, or to be used as fodder in personal forums grudges, or to create drama for fun. So please, leave them be.

I try my best to be nice and compassionate and flexible, and here I must draw the line: if anyone fails to adhere to this advice, or demonstrates insensitivity regarding this delicate matter, that person will immediately be hit with a three day probe. And beyond that, if you repeat this, you are risking a lengthy probe, a forum ban from C-SPAM, or worse.

We, the mods, understand that people have strong opinions about this, and we are willing to discuss those with you and take your opinions into consideration, and we won't punish you even if you curse us out. But if you demonstrate that you are incapable of showing our fellow C-SPAM posters the respect that they deserve, by trying to post about someone's personal poo poo on a public forum, then you will find little sympathy from us, and we're not sure that C-SPAM is the right place for you.

And on that cheerful note, let the games begin!

twoday has issued a correction as of 02:06 on Sep 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
amab, etc

twoday
May 4, 2005

stfu cop

twoday
May 4, 2005

oh no wait, you should be posting in this thread

sorry, old habits die hard

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
they're making a c-spam 2 with better graphics my dad works for the forums

twoday
May 4, 2005

Korean Boomhauer posted:

they're making a c-spam 2 with better graphics my dad works for the forums

Korean Boomhauer of YOSPOS

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

gently caress u

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
no mods no masters

squizzle is my pal tho

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i took a poll of c-spam and 69% of posters wanna throw all the mods out

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i wanna throw all the mods out but then give myself their powers like a highlander.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

no mods no masters

squizzle is my pal tho

no pals, only posting enemies

twoday
May 4, 2005

Lpzie posted:

i wanna throw all the mods out but then give myself their powers like a highlander.

believe me, you really don't

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

free Crazy Cloud

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

I am very upset that none of the mod team has worn the hat yet

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Bring back LF

tia

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

twoday posted:

believe me, you really don't

that's true. what i really want is immunity from mods. then i can chill in peace.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Dear cspam posters,

I only started posting in cspam in May, but I became an instant regular because it was apparent to me that despite dealing with some heavy, disheartening poo poo, this is a tight-knit community with users that really do care about each other and the world at large. And since becoming an ik, and less than a week ago, mod, I'm really encouraged by the attitude, demeanor and discourse of the cspam mod team. I'm hoping that I can contribute to keeping this a positive, healthy and informative place to post.

I'm also taking my cue from some of the other mods in trying to use my buttons as little as possible. I'll still ding you for obvious rules violations and whatever (please don't be a jerk!), but I'd prefer to have a chat about it rather than punish someone. I will definitely screw up sometimes but there's nothing that can't be fixed! Some cool zoners already had an issue with a probe I doled out the other day, but it led to a really good discussion in the thread and I'm hoping that we can have more of those outcomes. Feel free to PM me and talk poo poo over.

Riotously yours,
Miss Nutsack

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

now that the formal poo poo is over, NITE CREW FOREVER!

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

are the cspam mods and iks unionized, and whom does the union endorse for president

p.s. this is a gotcha question because a straight answer risks alienating a lot of posters who view the trumping industry as a big part of the cspam economy

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Dustcat posted:

are the cspam mods and iks unionized, and whom does the union endorse for president

p.s. this is a gotcha question because a straight answer risks alienating a lot of posters who view the trumping industry as a big part of the cspam economy

instead of organizing as a union we decided it was best to enter into a plural marriage amongst the cspam mods

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Dustcat posted:

mods aren't workers so we can't unionize

that being said I endorse "stay home and don't vote" because I live in texas and gently caress that noise

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm largely content with CSPAM mods. It's probably not an easy forum to mod, both because it's so high volume and so politically charged, and I recognize that not everybody is as smart as I am to avoid getting IK or Mod by promising to ban all Qanon posting so that some poor suckers will get roped into being curators of this museum of revelatory madness

out of respect for mods and IKs I will afford you the same welcome I give all lurkers and nonstop posters alike:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

most of the 6ers I get are by request whihc I appreciate

the ones I don't request are consistent and make sense at least

that's all I ask

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Squizzle posted:

instead of organizing as a union we decided it was best to enter into a plural marriage amongst the cspam mods

:thunkher:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

mods using they're buttons is tyranny

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

gently caress da mods

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

tyranny by the consent of the tyrannized is the only legitimate form of oppression

also the plural of marriage is "marrs iage" i checked with websters

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
make schnokrles ik

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

nojoe energy is higher than ever and we couldn’t have done it without you

I mean maybe we could have I don’t think you were responsible for dashing the hopes of millions of brunch-seeking liberals this past week but what is politics if not giving credit to people who were in the right place at the right time instead of the proletariat

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the NoJoe tags make libs incredibly mad and that's great. good job team.

twoday
May 4, 2005

I thought you read the contract, you have four wives now

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

twoday posted:

When I started I had no idea what I was doing,

So not much changes, eh?

twoday posted:

I try my best to be nice and compassionate and flexible, and here I must draw the line: if anyone fails to adhere to this advice, or demonstrates insensitivity regarding this delicate matter, that person will immediately be hit with a three day probe. And beyond that, if you repeat this, you are risking a lengthy probe, a forums ban from C-SPAM, or worse.

This is commendable and owns.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Roth posted:

gently caress da mods

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

hello posting friends and janitors

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

twoday posted:

I thought you read the contract, you have four wives now

ohhh so that's why you wrote the contract in 7 languages I can't read

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I have 3 fish crew tags and it got me a scroll but my trumpf tower is gone? This is all caused by lazy past ik being lazy and or incompetent. please bring those ik back. thank you.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

twoday
May 4, 2005

IIRC correctly the trump tower image was wiped from the servers at some point (before I was a mod)

twoday
May 4, 2005

Marx Was A Lib posted:

So not much changes, eh?

This is commendable and owns.

I honestly can't tell if this was meant sarcastically or not but I sent you a PM and I'm willing to talk to you if you're upset with what I posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
nm