Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

david_a posted:

Anybody have an opinion on the giant containers of kimchi in the chilled section? I read a not so good review somewhere but it was a bit old so it might have been a different brand

I make my own kimchi every 6 months and make 60lbs at a time because I have digestive problems and kimchi seems to be the only thing that really helps. But we get two different brands here and the one in the bigger tub I'd rate pretty low 2/10 practically inedible and the smaller container with a green? lid I'd rate as being edible 5/10 but still not with that korean made in the store taste that I can get in washington, I'd rate the korean in store stuff as 8/10 at my market I used to go to when I lived in washington. I make mine with way more variety of vegetables and more spices so it's perfect though.

edit: Really the entire reason I started making it myself though is because the store bought kind you get here in kauai really just doesn't taste right compared to the made in store kind from korean groceries.

Washout fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 21, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:allears:

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Washout posted:

I make my own kimchi every 6 months and make 60lbs at a time because I have digestive problems and kimchi seems to be the only thing that really helps.

Human bodies are amazing. My wife has digestive problems and the three main culprits are cabbage, spicy foods, and preserved veggies.

Just realized I haven't cashed in my savings thing on account of *gestures broadly*. Gonna wake up early and get a good spot in line at the return counter!

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

fischtick posted:

Human bodies are amazing. My wife has digestive problems and the three main culprits are cabbage, spicy foods, and preserved veggies.

Just realized I haven't cashed in my savings thing on account of *gestures broadly*. Gonna wake up early and get a good spot in line at the return counter!

Yeah I was fixing someones computer a while ago and they actually had to completely quit eating vegetables due to pollen food syndrome? Like any kinds of vegetables would just make her sick as hell. Entire diet of meat eggs and cheese with supplemental vitamins.

Then my friends wife who I often enlist to help make a batch for a share of the spoils loves it, but if he eats too much spicy stuff he just throws up. Digestion is weird and complicated.

Washout fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 21, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Not being able to eat vegetables sounds horrible and dangerous. We still don't even know how well the bioavailability of some vitamins are via supplements so who knows if they are getting all of them. I'd imagine fiber supplements would be needed too.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I have given too much money to Costco this month. On the plus side, my new 75” tv looks awesome and I’ve made two prime ribs so far this month.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

jisforjosh posted:

For some reason this cut looks dryer than it was

Looks good to me :thumbsup:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Costco: I will kill you. Figure it out.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ungfh. BEEF.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Washout posted:

Yeah I was fixing someones computer a while ago and they actually had to completely quit eating vegetables due to pollen food syndrome? Like any kinds of vegetables would just make her sick as hell. Entire diet of meat eggs and cheese with supplemental vitamins.

drat did she collect funko pops and did her husband have KITH Tshirts?

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

New thread title

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Gravitee posted:

New thread title

:agreed:

Costco: If you raise the price of the effing hot dog, I will kill you.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

That's the kind of energy coming off someone with their hand on their holstered gun just daring someone to start some poo poo.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:patriot:

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
Went to the Costco Business Center. Weird but very cool. Got an enormous metal mixing bowl for three dollars, a three pack of scissors for six bucks, a two pack of commercial oven mitts for $4.50, and a giant cutting board for six bones.

No slices or dogs though, alas.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Went to the `co today and fun things were a gyro meal kit which holy gawd they really give you a lot of meat in that puppy. I thought it was tomato and onions all the way through but nope a layer of tomato and onions on the top and MEAT underneath. Basically a half of the container was MEAT and the other half the gyros pitas + container of tzaziki. Was very tasty!

Also got some frozen bulgogi dumplings, hope they are good.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
The gyro kit looked great but who puts egg in pita bread?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

priznat posted:

Went to the `co today and fun things were a gyro meal kit which holy gawd they really give you a lot of meat in that puppy. I thought it was tomato and onions all the way through but nope a layer of tomato and onions on the top and MEAT underneath. Basically a half of the container was MEAT and the other half the gyros pitas + container of tzaziki. Was very tasty!

Also got some frozen bulgogi dumplings, hope they are good.
This sounds like different than the Daphne gyro kit I got from Costco which was terrible.

It doesn't come with tomatoes or onions, it's just pita bread, which was decent once heated, and kinda overly-salty lamb/beef slices which was fine but also not a lot of it, and came with a loving ITALIAN VINAIGRETTE sauce and a mediocre tzatziki.

would not buy that again. maybe if they upped the tzatziki game, added a thicc packet of spicy red sauce that halah carts sell, a little more meat that was less salty and more flavorful it'd be pretty good. seriously the vinaigrette was almost insulting.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Just get the bag of Daphnes gyro meat in the frozen section. Or maybe it was refrigerated. Anyways its good.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Xaris posted:

This sounds like different than the Daphne gyro kit I got from Costco which was terrible.

It doesn't come with tomatoes or onions, it's just pita bread, which was decent once heated, and kinda overly-salty lamb/beef slices which was fine but also not a lot of it, and came with a loving ITALIAN VINAIGRETTE sauce and a mediocre tzatziki.

would not buy that again. maybe if they upped the tzatziki game, added a thicc packet of spicy red sauce that halah carts sell, a little more meat that was less salty and more flavorful it'd be pretty good. seriously the vinaigrette was almost insulting.

Yeah it was one that costco made themselves, had 8 pitas, a TON of meat, a bunch of grape tomatoes sliced in half and a bit of red onion. Also a tub of some brand of tzaziki which was good but was a bit too solid, not quite runny enough. Was still good and have a lot left over along with some meat and 3 pitas as we were stuffed after 5.

The meat was very good, just pan fried it a bit, got a little crispy with some nice seasoning.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Washout posted:

Then my friends wife who I often enlist to help make a batch for a share of the spoils loves it, but if he eats too much spicy stuff he just throws up. Digestion is weird and complicated.

My wife has that, and over time it got worse. It was never an issue with cooked foods, but some raw fruits or vegetables would make her face swell and mouth itchy (cucumber and watermelon were the worst)
Went to an allergist and started getting shots and now she can eat everything again a year later (with only one anaphylactic reaction at the doctor's office requiring an epinephrine injection!)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Alright so apparently my personal limit on GH Cretors Chicago Mix popcorn is half a kilo in one sitting.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
drat fine thread title from the costco founder

i've never had a costco hotdog because membership requirements in the UK take the piss

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hopefully you grabbed one of those to make some goat curry with.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

binge crotching posted:

Hopefully you grabbed one of those to make some goat curry with.

The Costco paper towels are already asking a lot of my Mazda. I’d have to strap that bad boy to the roof.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Chinatown posted:

Just get the bag of Daphnes gyro meat in the frozen section. Or maybe it was refrigerated. Anyways its good.

I get this a lot (its refrigerated section but I buy a few and freeze them). Its great after frying in a skillet to get crispy. I pair it with some good store made Tzatziki from the Mediterranean market.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

drat fine thread title from the costco founder

i've never had a costco hotdog because membership requirements in the UK take the piss

Whats a membership price run in the UK? And did the "members only" weiner take effect over there? Best part about the food court was anyone could use it for a hot dog meal...well used too

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

For people who don't know, the Costco hot dogs aren't those dinky little 7/11 hot dogs that make you feel sad for yourself after eating them; they're these big 1/2 pound sausages that probably fall within the "full meal" category.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Whats a membership price run in the UK? And did the "members only" weiner take effect over there? Best part about the food court was anyone could use it for a hot dog meal...well used too

its not about paying for it there are all sorts of weird requirements https://www.costco.co.uk/membership-individual-requirements

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

AnoHito posted:

For people who don't know, the Costco hot dogs aren't those dinky little 7/11 hot dogs that make you feel sad for yourself after eating them; they're these big 1/2 pound sausages that probably fall within the "full meal" category.

Costco dogs completely ruined stadium hot dogs for me. $7 for a tiny lukewarm hotdog? gently caress you.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Jose posted:

its not about paying for it there are all sorts of weird requirements https://www.costco.co.uk/membership-individual-requirements

lolw wtf??

Customer Care
How do I qualify for Individual Membership?
Costco offers Individual Membership to current or retired employees of select employment groups or professions.
Membership is available to individuals over the age of 18 years who meet one of the following requirements:

Qualifying Employment Groups
Current or Retired Employee of:
Banking / Finance
Local Government
Fire / Rescue Service
Post Office
Airlines
Education
Police Force
Civil Service / Armed Forces
Medical / Health Service
Insurance
OR
Qualified as:

Qualified / Certified / Chartered Accountant
Chartered Architect
Doctors (MD) / Dentist / Optician / Pharmacist
Chartered Surveyor
Solicitor / Barrister / Magistrate / Advocate
Chartered Engineer / Civil etc
OR
Current or Retired employees of a UK or USA Gold Company.

You may qualify as a current or retired employee of one of the many UK or USA Gold Companies. Please contact either Central Membership on 01923 830477 (email: warehousememberservices@costco.co.uk) or your local warehouse to confirm whether the company you currently work for or have retired from is a registered Gold Card Company.

You need to provide the following: One of the following which is valid or dated within the last 3 months, or past documentation if retired:

Employee ID Card OR Employee Payslip/Pension Statement OR a Qualification Certificate
Plus 1 piece of photographic identification
Please contact Central Membership on 01923 830477 (email: warehousememberservices@costco.co.uk) or your local warehouse to confirm your eligibility for Individual Membership.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Jose posted:

OK but why

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

Very exclusive. Can you piggy back on someone elses membership? My dads got a business card and im under his account. Something like that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

StormDrain posted:

OK but why

no idea it sucks

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

to keep out the riffraff

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Leave it to Britain to somehow make Costco classist...

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Those are credit union like membership requirements.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

AnoHito posted:

Leave it to Britain to somehow make Costco classist...

It's another example of how Costco adapts very well to local cultural norms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Jose posted:

what kind of toff nonsense is this